• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tooth Fairy inflation: Price of a tooth nears $4

A dollar is still a lot of money to any child young enough to still believe in the tooth fairy. If they're asking for more chances are good you're well beyond the stage where the tooth fairy is even a thing.

My kids are long past that phase, I don't even remember what they got but it was nowhere $5 a tooth, that's stupid. In fact, I don't think they got anywhere near $1 a tooth. Maybe for the first one, but after a while, they never got anything and they stopped believing in the tooth fairy pretty early on, along with Santa Claus.

I read this article today. I really liked the idea of one parent giving 20 dollars for each tooth to be deposited into the child's college fund. It's been years since the tooth fairy visited this household but I can remember giving anywhere from 3-5 bucks a tooth back then. It went into their piggy banks and when they had enough earned from doing chores, good grades and lost teeth, they could purchase something they were saving toward.

I gave my kids a dollar a tooth. Nothing more, nothing less.

LOL - my youngest son is terrified of hte idea that a fairy is going to sneak in his room and take his missing teeth! He's gravely concerned for the teeth that aren't missing yet. :rofl: He set a trap for her under his pillow.

He - was born too old for the tooth fairy. Or maybe I should say wise?

A dollar is still a lot of money to any child young enough to still believe in the tooth fairy. If they're asking for more chances are good you're well beyond the stage where the tooth fairy is even a thing.
Yes a dollar is a lot of money to a child. I was pretty generous but for a reason. When my children started 1st grade (about the same time they start losing their teeth) is when I bought them a bank and started teaching them the value of money and the rewards in life for earning it. I encouraged saving. I wasn't a mom that caved to their child's begging and crying for something in the toy aisle. Mine brought their own money they earned through assigned chores, grade cards showing effort, birthdays, and yes even tooth fairy money. I was probably more generous than most but at the same time I wanted the trip to the store to be a positive one where they would have enough to purchase something. They learned quickly what their money would buy. If they didn't have enough, they could settle on something else or wait a couple more allowances, a grade card etc. till they did. I believe doing it that way taught them a greater appreciation for their stuff.

Back
Top Bottom