• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Too bad about CNN

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I always liked CNN for one thing which was it’s overseas infrastructure that was very proficient at covering things like wars and natural disasters. I tuned into them for Ukraine war coverage several times and it’s the same couple of stories day after day and is generally just refugee interviews. This one time news Goliath has become a shell of its former self closing down offices worldwide and laying off reporters in droves. They became so partisan nobody watched anymore and now they are little more than a disinformation arm of the DNC. Too bad really and goes to show everything leftist control they eventually destroy. They even destroy themselves.

CNN really has done a face-plant since they moved towards a partisan propaganda operation.

They were once "The most trusted name in news". No more, though - - those days were back in the 1990s.

They still used the slogan until the people at FOX called them out and a Rasmussen survey indicated that FOX News is actually the most trusted name in news.

Eventually, CNN begrudgingly pulled the plug on their slogan.

I always liked CNN for one thing which was it’s overseas infrastructure that was very proficient at covering things like wars and natural disasters. I tuned into them for Ukraine war coverage several times and it’s the same couple of stories day after day and is generally just refugee interviews. This one time news Goliath has become a shell of its former self closing down offices worldwide and laying off reporters in droves. They became so partisan nobody watched anymore and now they are little more than a disinformation arm of the DNC. Too bad really and goes to show everything leftist control they eventually destroy. They even destroy themselves.

Dumb, biased post. 🤡

CNN really has done a face-plant since they moved towards a partisan propaganda operation.

They were once "The most trusted name in news". No more, though - - those days were back in the 1990s.

They still used the slogan until the people at FOX called them out and a Rasmussen survey indicated that FOX News is actually the most trusted name in news.

Eventually, CNN begrudgingly pulled the plug on their slogan.
Where do you get your unbias news?

LOL...CNN's biggest problem is that they are not partisan enough. They try to cut it down the middle between conservative and liberal, which is impossible in the current political climate.

The reason it's impossible is because there is no conservative Republican Party anymore. There is only a traitorous, radical fascist Republican Nazi Party, which is trying to end democracy.

MSNBC recognizes this fact about the Republican Party, CNN still pretends this is not true. Until CNN wises up and recognizes how evil and dangerous the Republican Party has become, their ratings will continue to suffer.

They are not a disinformation arm of the DNC. They are actually more disappointing than that. They are simply interested in pushing dog pile on the carpet narratives. Wherever there is an opportunity to offer up breathless histrionics, you will now find CNN. They are actually fairly balanced for left side right side as they simply do not care. Its like they have an office of dog pile on the carpet narratives. They wake up in the morning and determine which stories and which angles they can play that yields their dog pile on the carpet narratives and they crop the video and edit the audio to that effect.

Last edited:
Anyone who gets their 'unbiased' news from CNN or Fox News has earned their ignorance.

CNN's (website) coverage slows dramatically on weekends. It's better during the week, but not always great.

No idea on their tv coverage; if it's like any other national news/entertainment channel it's worse.

There is no such thing as "unbiased news".

One can only find news of differing levels of bias.

It is incumbent to the viewer to be able to winnow the chaff from the wheat in any field they harvest!

I do though enjoy the OP's obsession with attempting to single handedly talk CNN out of existence.

So entertaining!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Finally someone I agree with on CNN. I spent a lot of years watching CNN's coverage of major news stories, war zones, weather disasters, and then the partisanship got so bad I couldn't watch anymore. I tune in about once a week to see what they are covering and how the story is handled. No wonder they are dying. The schools of journalism in America must not be teaching journalism but liberal progressivism.

LOL...CNN's biggest problem is that they are not partisan enough. They try to cut it down the middle between conservative and liberal, which is impossible in the current political climate.
You, and every single person who liked your post have just proven to be absolutely clueless.

CNN hasn't attempted to be down the middle in decades, if ever.

MSNBC recognizes this fact about the Republican Party, CNN still pretends this is not true. Until CNN wises up and recognizes how evil and dangerous the Republican Party has become, their ratings will continue to suffer.
So according to you, MSNBC has their shit together and doing things the "right way" and not pandering to the political right...

It's sure paying dividends for them as the rating show:

2-28-ratings.jpg

MSNBC is even further in the toilet than CNN is... Like I said, clueless.

LMMFAO...

...They still used the slogan until the people at FOX called them out and a Rasmussen survey indicated that FOX News is actually the most trusted name in news...
Given that the vast majority of Republicans trust Trump for medical advice over the CDC, is it surprising they trust FOX news? Ya gotta love those Trumpists, they fall in line and follow their leader and his spokesmen without a second thought. You can trust what Tucker says on FOX and you can trust what Tucker says on Russian state TV...

…. a Rasmussen survey indicated that FOX News is actually the most trusted name in
Bwahahahaha!! 🤣 Even Rasmussen, Loser #45’s favorite pollster, acknowledged Fox News as Fake News of the Year.

The Winner of the 1st Annual Fake News Trophy Is …​

Trump suggested earlier this week that the media should award an annual Fake News Award for the worst coverage of his presidency but left Fox News out of the running since it is the only network the president and his supporters believe gives him fair coverage. But 40% of all voters think Fox News should be the winner of the first annual Fake News Trophy.

CNN is in second place with 25% support, followed by MSNBC (9%), ABC (4%), CBS (3%) and NBC (2%). Six percent (6%) say the award should go to someone else, and 11% are undecided.

A closer look finds that while 53% of Democrats and a plurality (42%) of voters not affiliated with either major party declare Fox News the winner, just 24% of Republicans agree. Forty percent (40%) of GOP voters opt instead for CNN, a view shared by just 13% of Democrats and 24% of unaffiliateds.

Republicans and unaffiliated voters are more critical of MSNBC than Democrats are, too. Views of the other networks are more comparable among the three groups.

Little changed from earlier this year are the 51% of all voters who think the current media coverage of political issues and events is worse than it has been in the past. Just 19% say the coverage is better, while 27% rate it as about the same.”

Imagine how much worse the news would’ve been for Fox if a more reliable pollster firm conducted the survey.

F8271515-1969-4764-A73E-D7B0D6EED9C4.jpeg

You, and every single person who liked your post have just proven to be absolutely clueless.

View attachment 67379943

LMMFAO...
You supply evidence of ratings but none of your initial claim of bias with regard to CNN.

For the record, MSNBC is quite Left leaning. Fox is quite Right leaning. Honestly I have grown to at least be less critical of both though the nightly entertainment hosts of Fox are slightly more disastrous than the nightly entertainment hosts of MSNBC. On the other hand CNN's bid for ratings is based on their steadfast adherence to histrionics and dog pile on the carpet narratives. Hence one has no real clue where CNN is going on any given day.

In any event all three are dedicated to ratings and simply have a different formula for attaining them one to the next. Ratings equal profits. The point being that before 24/7 cable news the worst media invention in history, Network News was expected to lose money every year by their networks and they did. The Networks considered News part of their obligation to provide a public service, part of the FCC mandate for Broadcast Networks. Hence they provided the best news coverage they could as opposed to the most ratings grabbing coverage they thought they could get based on pandering to an audience.

MSNBC panders to the Left. Fox panders to the Right. CNN panders to those anxious to view the next dog pile on the carpet or histrionic shit show. Were Walter Cronkite, one of the finest news anchors of all time be looking for a job today, nobody would give him the time of day. Yet clowns like Chris Cuomo and Tucker Carlson make millions.

There is no such thing as "unbiased news".
Exactly correct.

There are no purely neutral news sources. There are however, several low bias news sources (AP, Reuters, BBC, NPR, and a few others) though, that do a decent job.

Ultimately, the responsibility of being accurately informed belongs to the consumer.

Thank God they ain't in airports anymore mindf***ing every foreigner that passes through.

View attachment 67379943

LMMFAO...

More stupidity from you. CNN was the original cable news. The fact that they are barely beating MSNBC in the ratings is pretty shocking. Their milquetoast reporting on the Republican Nazi Party is part of their current problem. They should call those traitors what they are, like MSNBC does.

Just stick to what you do best -- being a pathetic apologist for the Jan 6 traitors.

More stupidity from you. CNN was the original cable news. The fact that they are barely beating MSNBC in the ratings is pretty shocking. Their milquetoast reporting on the Republican Nazi Party is part of their current problem. They should call those traitors what they are, like MSNBC does.

Just stick to what you do best -- being a pathetic apologist for the Jan 6 traitors.
It really is CNN's own fault. They remind me of ESPN which cut off their own balls and bled out in Sports Broadcasting just as CNN has in News Broadcasting. Simply read the market wrong and steadfastly kept plowing in the same lousy, stony earth on and on and on.

It really is CNN's own fault. They remind me of ESPN which cut off their own balls and bled out in Sports Broadcasting just as CNN has in News Broadcasting. Simply read the market wrong and steadfastly kept plowing in the same lousy, stony earth on and on and on.

I don't understand why Trumpsters don't like CNN. CNN is completely gutless in their reporting compared to MSNBC. Trumpsters should be grateful that CNN still pretends that the Republican Party is a legitimate political party.

I can't watch that channel anymore.

Back
Top Bottom