• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Too bad about CNN

I don't understand why Trumpsters don't like CNN. CNN is completely gutless in their reporting compared to MSNBC. Trumpsters should be grateful that CNN still pretends that the Republican Party is a legitimate political party.

I can't watch that channel anymore.
Exactly, conservatives claim they needed FOX to counter the left bias of CNN and they got MSNBC in response. As you say, CNN still puts up a front, but Fox's equivalent is MSNBC, not CNN...

Exactly, conservatives claim they needed FOX to counter the left bias of CNN and they got MSNBC in response. As you say, CNN still puts up a front, but Fox's equivalent is MSNBC, not CNN...

In some ways, CNN annoys me more than Fox News. Fox News is batshit crazy and they don't try to hide the fact that they are batshit crazy.

CNN pretends that the Republican Party is not batshit crazy, in order to pathetically and futilely attempt to get the batshit crazy Trumpsters to watch them.

I always liked CNN for one thing which was it’s overseas infrastructure that was very proficient at covering things like wars and natural disasters. I tuned into them for Ukraine war coverage several times and it’s the same couple of stories day after day and is generally just refugee interviews. This one time news Goliath has become a shell of its former self closing down offices worldwide and laying off reporters in droves. They became so partisan nobody watched anymore and now they are little more than a disinformation arm of the DNC. Too bad really and goes to show everything leftist control they eventually destroy. They even destroy themselves.
You do realize that, collectively, liberal leaning mainstream media news sources absolutely tower over Fox News, right?

Fox, Newsmax, and OANN viewers combined are tiny compared to the rest of their competitors.

You, and every single person who liked your post have just proven to be absolutely clueless.

CNN hasn't attempted to be down the middle in decades, if ever.

It's sure paying dividends for them as the rating show:

View attachment 67379943

MSNBC is even further in the toilet than CNN is... Like I said, clueless.

LMMFAO...
Well, at least the democrats can say they are loyal. Naive but loyal.

Bwahahahaha!! 🤣 Even Rasmussen, Loser #45’s favorite pollster, acknowledged Fox News as Fake News of the Year. . . .

. . . Imagine how much worse the news would’ve been for Fox if a more reliable pollster firm conducted the survey.
Polls - schmolls.

Viewership tells the true story.

Fox News made history in January, becoming the first cable news network to top the charts for 20 years in a row in terms of both total average viewers and in the key 25-54 age demographic.

Year-over-year, Fox News is UP 4% in total viewers and down 7% in the demo for day time programs.

MSNBC ended the month down 60% in total viewers and down 75% in the demo for day time programming compared to last year,

CNN meanwhile is down 74% in total viewers and down 81% in the demo during day time.

source: https://www.mediaite.com/news/janua...n-and-msnbc-see-massive-drops-from-last-year/

In a nutshell, CNN sucks. It is poorly managed, poorly produced, and that Cuomo debacle sealed the CNN coffin shut.

CNN is a joke. I'll admit that I watch it on occasion, but strictly for amusement. What a clown show! They oughtta move their studios to some big circus tents.

Well, at least the democrats can say they are loyal. Naive but loyal.
What's so telling is, the more dishonest and off the rails a far left post is, the more 'likes' they will receive from the left.

I NEVER give a like to a post that's spouting lies, or is centered around a lie. I just don't think lying in the name of politics should be encouraged or rewarded... Too bad so many progressives around here take the opposite approach.

Polls - schmolls.

Fox News made history in January, becoming the first cable news network to top the charts for 20 years in a row in terms of both total average viewers and in the key 25-54 age demographic.

Year-over-year, Fox News is UP 4% in total viewers and down 7% in the demo for day time programs.

MSNBC ended the month down 60% in total viewers and down 75% in the demo for day time programming compared to last year,

CNN meanwhile is down 74% in total viewers and down 81% in the demo during day time.

When viewers of a news network are lied to and mislead as often as both CNN and MSNBC have done with their viewers over the last 5 years, they lose trust in them and leave. Just the fact alone that their show hosts peddle political opinion and package it to their viewers as "news" should have lost them their viewership years ago.

Polls - schmolls.
😆 Sure.
No, consumership tells the true story, and part of that story is that Fox News is a big fish in the tiny pond of conservative news sources.

C0F1EDAB-0035-4719-8747-C090BBB56730.jpeg
00CEB604-92E2-46E2-95FE-C39BF5F36703.jpeg

Irrefutably, a large majority of Americans get their daily news from other than conservative sources.

Exactly correct.

There are no purely neutral news sources. There are however, several low bias news sources (AP, Reuters, BBC, NPR, and a few others) though, that do a decent job.

Ultimately, the responsibility of being accurately informed belongs to the consumer.
;) (y)

You do realize that, collectively, liberal leaning mainstream media news sources absolutely tower over Fox News, right?

Fox, Newsmax, and OANN viewers combined are tiny compared to the rest of their competitors.
Sure all the leftist news organizations put together dwarf FOX but the OP is on CNN specifically and the fact that they are a shell of their former selves.
As stated in the OP I used to go to them for worldwide coverage of wars and natural disasters. They had tremendous resources and great reporting on such events. That was always their strongest point.
During the Clinton era they started their metamorphosis and took a hard turn to the left which sent them off the road into a ditch. This led to a loss in ratings that went from bad to worse over the years which led to closing overseas offices and massive layoffs which led to a steep decline in CNN coverage of wars and natural disasters.
Too bad about CNN

Sure all the leftist news organizations put together dwarf FOX
Good of you to acknowledge the fact.
but the OP is on CNN specifically
I was responding to @SkyChief’s false claims
As stated in the OP I used to go to them for worldwide coverage of wars and natural disasters. They had tremendous resources and great reporting on such events. That was always their strongest point.
During the Clinton era they started their metamorphosis and took a hard turn to the left which sent them off the road into a ditch. This led to a loss in ratings that went from bad to worse over the years which led to closing overseas offices and massive layoffs which led to a steep decline in CNN coverage of wars and natural disasters.
Too bad about CNN
To be clear, CNN isn’t high on my list of news sources either, and while I do agree that their reporting has moved further to the left over the decades, the network maintains a higher degree of trust from the public than Fox News. A fact that should surprise no one.

AE440BC9-8B8E-45D7-8168-AF8A4FD4B008.jpeg

Poll: Voters trust ABC, CNN most, Fox News least among mainstream news outlets​

“Voters say they generally trust ABC news, and CNN the most and distrust Fox News Channel the most among mainstream news outlets, according to a new Hill-HarrisX poll.

Forty-five percent of registered voters in the Oct. 18-19 survey said they generally trust ABC News while 44 percent said they trust CNN.

Forty percent of respondents said they distrust Fox News followed by CNN and MSNBC, at 35 percent each.

Voters were most unsure about One America News Network and Newsmax, with 48 percent and 46 percent, respectively, saying they distrust the conservative networks.

Seventy-one percent of Democrats said they generally trust CNN while 70 percent said the same of ABC and 64 percent said they trust the New York Times.

54 percent of Republicans said they trust Fox News.

I always liked CNN for one thing which was it’s overseas infrastructure that was very proficient at covering things like wars and natural disasters. I tuned into them for Ukraine war coverage several times and it’s the same couple of stories day after day and is generally just refugee interviews. This one time news Goliath has become a shell of its former self closing down offices worldwide and laying off reporters in droves. They became so partisan nobody watched anymore and now they are little more than a disinformation arm of the DNC. Too bad really and goes to show everything leftist control they eventually destroy. They even destroy themselves.
Do they even do news anymore?

Not on cable. Fox crushes CNN and MSNBC

Walking my dogs. You'd be surprised the intel other dog owners provide.

Uber and taxi drivers can often be quite suprisingly knowledgeable as well. I am often quite taken aback at how sophisticated some of those guys can be.

Good of you to acknowledge the fact.

I was responding to @SkyChief’s false claims

To be clear, CNN isn’t high on my list of news sources either, and while I do agree that their reporting has moved further to the left over the decades, the network maintains a higher degree of trust from the public than Fox News. A fact that should surprise no one.

View attachment 67380004

Poll: Voters trust ABC, CNN most, Fox News least among mainstream news outlets​

“Voters say they generally trust ABC news, and CNN the most and distrust Fox News Channel the most among mainstream news outlets, according to a new Hill-HarrisX poll.

Forty-five percent of registered voters in the Oct. 18-19 survey said they generally trust ABC News while 44 percent said they trust CNN.

Forty percent of respondents said they distrust Fox News followed by CNN and MSNBC, at 35 percent each.

Voters were most unsure about One America News Network and Newsmax, with 48 percent and 46 percent, respectively, saying they distrust the conservative networks.

Seventy-one percent of Democrats said they generally trust CNN while 70 percent said the same of ABC and 64 percent said they trust the New York Times.

54 percent of Republicans said they trust Fox News.
Despite your statistics, graphs and charts CNN ratings have tanked as they became more and more partisan which led to worldwide bureau closures and massive layoffs and they as per the OP are no longer a go to source for coverage of wars and natural disasters.

The reason it's impossible is because there is no conservative Republican Party anymore. There is only a traitorous, radical fascist Republican Nazi Party, which is trying to end democracy.
Right on target! These are concerning times, we no longer have two political parties who are mature, have an interest in the well-being of Americans, our country and our democracy. The Trump Cult Party consists of conspiracy nutters, propaganda spreaders, fascists, traitors, racists, violent thugs and lying law breakers. I'm thankful so many Americans are smart enough to see what is going on, and hopefully they will get to the polls in the upcoming elections like they did in 2020. We can't let evil and selfishness take over our country, they can't hide behind a big cross and the false label of 'Christians' or 'conservatives'.....they are neither.

Anything to say about Fox News? I mean, of the two, Fox is much worse and has almost singlehandedly created the rift of proven lies in this country that has already led to, and could lead to much worse, violence. Do they get a pass from you?

Despite your statistics, graphs and charts CNN ratings have tanked as they became more and more partisan which led to worldwide bureau closures and massive layoffs and they as per the OP are no longer a go to source for coverage of wars and natural disasters.
And yet, CNN is still more trusted than Fox News. 😄

Back
Top Bottom