• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tony Hayward's parting shot: 'I'm too busy to attend Senate hearing'

jujuman13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Link
Tony Hayward's parting shot: 'I'm too busy to attend Senate hearing' | Business | The Guardian

Quote(Speaking to journalists at the company's London headquarters, Hayward claimed that he had been unfairly "demonised and vilified" in the US, where Barack Obama and other politicians have been severely critical of BP's actions and taken exception to some of Hayward's public comments.)

While IMO Hayward has acted as a complete and utter fool with the various statements he has made throughout this affair, in my mind he does have a point.

Had Obama done everything possible for an American President to do it is likely this leak might have been able to be contained earlier, it is certainly possible that the clean up would have commenced earlier and been much more effective,I am thinking that a temporary postponement of the Jones Act as well as ready acceptance of Foreign assistance been accepted, the Gulf Coast would likely be in a far better condition than it currently is with far less cost in ecological damage.

Link
Tony Hayward's parting shot: 'I'm too busy to attend Senate hearing' | Business | The Guardian

Quote(Speaking to journalists at the company's London headquarters, Hayward claimed that he had been unfairly "demonised and vilified" in the US, where Barack Obama and other politicians have been severely critical of BP's actions and taken exception to some of Hayward's public comments.)

While IMO Hayward has acted as a complete and utter fool with the various statements he has made throughout this affair, in my mind he does have a point.

Had Obama done everything possible for an American President to do it is likely this leak might have been able to be contained earlier, it is certainly possible that the clean up would have commenced earlier and been much more effective,I am thinking that a temporary postponement of the Jones Act as well as ready acceptance of Foreign assistance been accepted, the Gulf Coast would likely be in a far better condition than it currently is with far less cost in ecological damage.

I think it's funny as hell. :lol:

I don't think either BP or the Obama administration can have much blame pointed at them for how they handled the spill. The reality was that this was an entirely new feat of engineering that that had never been done before and some real innovation was needed to curtail the spill. It may have been true that there are other organizations in the world that could have handled the spill quicker and more efficient, but this is irrelevant considering that BP was in the best position to handle the spill. Furthermore, I think it was ridiculous to to try and score political points over Obama's handling of the spill, just as it was ridiculous to score political points concerning Bush and hurricane Katrina.

Everything leading up to the spill is an entirely different matter. I would wait for the investigation to come out, but from what I've heard BP is by far to blame, they have a very bad history of safety violations.

Last edited:
I don't think either BP or the Obama administration can have much blame pointed at them for how they handled the spill. The reality was that this was an entirely new feat of engineering that that had never been done before and some real innovation was needed to curtail the spill. It may have been true that there are other organizations in the world that could have handled the spill quicker and more efficient, but this is irrelevant considering that BP was in the best position to handle the spill. Furthermore, I think it was ridiculous to to try and score political points over Obama's handling of the spill, just as it was ridiculous to score political points concerning Bush and hurricane Katrina.

Everything leading up to the spill is an entirely different matter. I would wait for the investigation to come out, but from what I've heard BP is by far to blame, they have a very bad history of safety violations.

Glad you're not in charge of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Those nuclear power plants were an entirely new feat of engineering, too. Can you spell meltdown? Just asking that you think about it from that perspective...

I agree... I applaud Tony's flipping the bird to Congress. More people should do it more often - with few exceptions these people deserve our ire and distrust. Too bad Waxman wasn't available for a quick "FU Ratboy".

I agree... I applaud Tony's flipping the bird to Congress. More people should do it more often - with few exceptions these people deserve our ire and distrust. Too bad Waxman wasn't available for a quick "FU Ratboy".

I almost always love the inappropriate "screw the authorities" stuff.

Back
Top Bottom