• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tonight is Earth Hour. Here’s how you can participate

Ummmmm NO.

Its silly. Its dark. I just had a 2 hour power outage a few days ago, that will be my Earth Hour. :giggle:😇

"Earth hour??" Good grief - even the premise is absurd - "raising awareness about climate change" - as if the entire world hasn't been made aware of the faux crisis by now.

No thanks. In fact, I think I'm going to turn on as many lights as I can - you know - to "raise awareness" that... at that hour of the night - it's dark outside. Profound, don't you think?

Reactions: PoS
the faux crisis

The Librull Purrrfesirrs are making it all up so they can steal our money. Greedy Librull Purrrfesirrs.
Fortunately, altruistic and philanthropic fossil fuel monoliths are fighting the good fight, on our behalf, to protect us from greedy Librull Purrrfesirrs.

Is that about how you see it?

lolz.gif

I use premium Jealous Devil charcoal in my Weber Kettle.

It's smokeless. burns hot for grilling, or choke it down for low and slow.

Not sure about the dangers involved by turning off too many lights, but on a clear night the fewer lights the more stars.

Not sure about the dangers involved by turning off too many lights, but on a clear night the fewer lights the more stars.
It's great for star gazing. Though perhaps if more environmentalists spent less time gazing into the night sky their contributions to society might be a little more rational and constructive. ;)

It's great for star gazing. Though perhaps if more environmentalists spent less time gazing into the night sky their contributions to society might be a little more rational and constructive. ;)
Ouch, that hurts, even though I am not an environmentalists.

Ouch, that hurts, even though I am not an environmentalists.
Wasn't directed at you - in fact, I liked your comment. Just pointing out an obvious issue with environmentalists and their silly "awareness" exercises like turning off lights for an hour one night of the year.

I use premium Jealous Devil charcoal in my Weber Kettle.

It's smokeless. burns hot for grilling, or choke it down for low and slow.

I too use a small Weber. Matter of fact got a NY Strip n the fridge right now. Might have to do that up this evening. "Jealous Devil" eh? I may have to try that, quality charcoal adds a lot to the grilling experience. I wont try it tonight because I'm not going out to the store or anywhere today, but I'll remember that name. Tried a couple of the Jack Daniels charcoals. They were better than garbage but not really impressive imo.

If people really want to help the Earth and they think turning off electricity will do that, why aren't millions of people who follow this belief living like the Amish? That would help much more than just one hour a year, right?

If people really want to help the Earth and they think turning off electricity will do that, why aren't millions of people who follow this belief living like the Amish? That would help much more than just one hour a year, right?
How could they post on the internet if they did it for more than an hour, silly!

I bet they used their cell phones to take photos to share on the internet also….so they could brag about taking part in an hour of “no electricity” with their devices they charged prior to that hour 😂

It used to be ‘Earth Day’, but apparently that was too difficult for people to think about for a full day.

Deniers win.

Do you turn off all of your electricity for a full day on Earth Day?

Do It!
I heat with wood. My carbon footprint would make a sasquatch tip his hat.
Besides, heating with electricity would be very 'green' here as our power is all hydro which is basically solar.
So it would be more than a little hypocritical of me to turn off my lights and throw another log on the fire.

Why not? Doesn't it help the Earth?
Again, no one has called for anyone to forgoe electricity for a day.

No one has said that the act of not using electricity for an hour on Earth Hour will ‘help the Earth’ either.

I would specifically tell you what the purpose is, but if you haven’t figured it out by reading the OP, it’s kinda pointless for me to painstakingly spell it out for you since you seem to be not posting in good faith.

Its because these eco nuts are hypocrites, thats why. They will only gnash their teeth about climate change until they have to make personal sacrifices, and then they will run and hide.

I too use a small Weber. Matter of fact got a NY Strip n the fridge right now. Might have to do that up this evening. "Jealous Devil" eh? I may have to try that, quality charcoal adds a lot to the grilling experience. I wont try it tonight because I'm not going out to the store or anywhere today, but I'll remember that name. Tried a couple of the Jack Daniels charcoals. They were better than garbage but not really impressive imo.

I've tried them all. Fogo is okay, but still smokes a lot during the light. Big Green Egg is crap, Cowboy is worse, Kingsford makes it look like the entire house is on fire.

I can only get Jealous Devil from Amazon and it's pricey, BUT you can use less, it doesn't smoke at all, and when you're done cooking, just choke your vents closed and it will snuff the fire. You can use that charcoal again, with a little bit of fresh lump added in.

Again, no one has called for anyone to forgoe electricity for a day.

No one has said that the act of not using electricity for an hour on Earth Hour will ‘help the Earth’ either.

I would specifically tell you what the purpose is, but if you haven’t figured it out by reading the OP, it’s kinda pointless for me to painstakingly spell it out for you since you seem to be not posting in good faith.

Would not using electricity for a long period of time help the Earth?

Back
Top Bottom