• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tomorrow is Towel Day

d596646d1fa62b5a656eade0a421ff38d52d2fb195de76d45b45a650f3ac2a30_3.jpg

Thanks for all the fishes!

I'm a voracious reader, but somehow I managed to never have read the book! :(

Guess it's going on my ever expanding list ....

They're quick reads, get to it. :)

They're quick reads, get to it. :)
Yep, but the pile of stuff ahead of it is pretty dayem high! :doh

The good news: If I ever lose my internet, I'm set for many months! Maybe years! :mrgreen:

Yep, but the pile of stuff ahead of it is pretty dayem high! :doh

Sometimes you just have to randomly pick something out of the blue and pile be damned.

I went ahead and just bought the omnibus collection for the kindle as now I want to re-read them and my kids absconded with my paperback copies.

Sometimes you just have to randomly pick something out of the blue and pile be damned.
Yep, that's usually how it goes.

I'm now hitting the point where I occasionally have to check to verify if I already bought a book in the past. I blame Amazon! (and Prime!) (and my Amazon credit-line!)

You must. It's not necessarily even the story that's the funniest bit, it's the way Douglass Adams writes. Non-stop hilarity using language in an absurdist vein that plays out similar to the way sketchest by comedy groups like Monty Python or the Kids in the Hall do. (Bad analogy, but it ought to make sense once you have).

Start with the first Hitchiker's Guide book. There's 5 in the "trilogy".

Then, I suspect you'll also want to give his two Dirk Gently books a twirl, too.

You must. It's not necessarily even the story that's the funniest bit, it's the way Douglass Adams writes. Non-stop hilarity using language in an absurdist vein that plays out similar to the way sketchest by comedy groups like Monty Python or the Kids in the Hall do. (Bad analogy, but it ought to make sense once you have).

Start with the first Hitchiker's Guide book. There's 5 in the "trilogy".

Then, I suspect you'll also want to give his two Dirk Gently books a twirl, too.
I respect your posts Mr Person, so I'll give due dilligence to your suggestion! :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom