• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tom Paine

No one even comes close to Paine for political writings yet he is probably the least known of oor founding fathers. There is a reason for that.

A lot of his writings were considered radical and even considered treason in England at the time. A person could be convivtrd of treason in England, at the time, for even having a copy og his writings in their possesion. Teddy Rooselvelt once called him "that filthy athesist". George Washington let him rot in a Paris prison during his time as a pampleteer while writing for the cause of the American Revolution.

I urge everyone to read his "rights Of Man"

The Rights of Man

His writings were considered treasonous because he was advocating the revolution for America. and George Washington let him "rot" because they all knew the dangers of what they were doing and in order for the revolution to continue, no one could try to help him. Thomas Paine went to prison on his own accord, and didn't want anyone to help him out. you should really make sure you know your history before you start hounding the people who made it

You are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about. I will prove it to you. Paine wrote about this experience in his writings and I will postthem to show you how wrong you are.

I don't appreciate your insult that ""you should really make sure you know your history before you start hounding the people who made it." I was not "hounding anyone. That was a very puerile insult.

Back
Top Bottom