• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, both test positive for COVID-19

And do know where it was that they got tested? Not in the good ol' US of A. They were tested in Australia. Fortunately for them they weren't in New York. Otherwise they would still be waiting to get tested.

Lowest unemployment rate since Jesus walked the earth-

DJT

That was when black slaves and Jews were the labor force.

Where, in Israel? Slavery existed everywhere at that time, and within the century, Britons would become slaves of the Romans.

Where, in Israel? Slavery existed everywhere at that time, and within the century, Britons would become slaves of the Romans.

I'm done and will not give you a platform to further your filth.

DJT

If you don't have something to add that is constructive to add to the discussion, or a relative and cognitive argument as to why the greatest and supposedly richest country on earth is apparently incapable of producing and distributing enough test kits to test it's own people. Then feel free to buzz off.

Last edited:

DJT
Wait till the numbers come back in a few months. I personally know 100+ people from a single employer just got layed off this week. More are likely going soon from the same place.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

And do know where it was that they got tested? Not in the good ol' US of A. They were tested in Australia. Fortunately for them they weren't in New York. Otherwise they would still be waiting to get tested.

I seriously doubt that. They have enough money to hire a private lab. Hollywood elite do not suffer.

I cannot think of a single Tom Hanks movie that I liked. He seems to be in several movies every year. A busy man.

"What up everyone. Yeah, it's true, my parents got coronavirus. Crazy," said Chet Hanks in the video. "They're both down in Australia right now because my dad was shooting a movie down there but I just got off the phone with them. They both are fine, they're not even that sick."

But they are still renaming the disease "Trumpvirus".

Wait till the numbers come back in a few months. I personally know 100+ people from a single employer just got layed off this week. More are likely going soon from the same place.

Why is it that your glee is so obvious?

I cannot think of a single Tom Hanks movie that I liked. He seems to be in several movies every year. A busy man.

Really? You didn't like Apollo 13? The Green Mile? Bridge of Spies? Castaway? I thought Bridge of Spies was an excellent film.

Why is it that your glee is so obvious?
There's no glee there. My husband is in serious danger of losing his job right now, and that puts us in serious danger of losing our highly needed medical (that we just got started this week). Our son is epileptic and has a mass on his brain, so losing our medical or being in danger of it, is not something gleeful. His medication costs us $300+ a month. This is serious and I'd feel a hell of a lot more at ease about the situation if Trump was not our President because I only trust him to think about him, not those it really affects.

There is resignation that this is going to negatively affect our economy and those job numbers.

Last edited:
There's no glee there. My husband is in serious danger of losing his job right now, and that puts us in serious danger of losing our highly needed medical (that we just got started this week). Our son is epileptic and has a mass on his brain, so losing our medical or being in danger of it, is not something gleeful. His medication costs us $300+ a month. This is serious and I'd feel a hell of a lot more at ease about the situation if Trump was not our President because I only trust him to think about him, not those it really affects.

There is resignation that this is going to negatively affect our economy and those job numbers.

I'm very curious to see what happens to all the people that work surrounding things like the NBA, MLB and the NCAA tournament. And all the peripheral stuff like hotels, restaurants, travel agencies, etc.

Really? You didn't like Apollo 13? The Green Mile? Bridge of Spies? Castaway? I thought Bridge of Spies was an excellent film.
Bridge of Spies (2015) was deadly boring. Tom Hanks read his script but no acting ability was required of him. There was no action in the film and the main character played by Shakespearean actor, Mark Rylance, was totally miscast with his northern England accent trying to be Scottish. What should have been a thriller was instead a big yawn. The same hackneyed Tom Hanks whose face filled the screen only served to display an over-exposed film star. It takes more than Steven Spielberg as a director and big name star Hanks to guarantee a good spy story which had the possibility of real tension in Cold War Berlin. Some of us were alive during the whole Gary Powers event and a good documentary would have been more entertaining and educational.

Not being a fan of Tom Hanks, I did not watch Cast Away (2000) which I figured would be a showcasing the star with lots of closeups of a modern Robinson Crusoe.

The Green Mile (1999) with Tom Hanks showing his face again in a prison officers uniform would be far too depressing to watch. I am against killing inmates and would avoid a death row movie anytime.

Apollo 13 (1995) is well within living memory and a good documentary would have been more entertaining and educational. Mr America Tom Hanks to the rescue: "We've never lost an American in space and we're sure not going to lose one on my watch," and "Failure is not an option." God help us!

Then lay off the glee that folks are getting sick. If Barry were in, you would be getting "thought and wishes", not action. I'm sorry about your job situation, and your son's condition, are you in the wrong industry? Everyone else is hiring. My daughter's restaurant wait staff cleared ~$80,000 each in TIPS, so there is a good economy out there, those tips are voluntary.

Who cares.. I like his movies though. :)

Tim-

Then lay off the glee that folks are getting sick. If Barry were in, you would be getting "thought and wishes", not action. I'm sorry about your job situation, and your son's condition, are you in the wrong industry? Everyone else is hiring. My daughter's restaurant wait staff cleared ~$80,000 each in TIPS, so there is a good economy out there, those tips are voluntary.
It wasn't gleeful. You simply took it that way. Trump is bragging constantly about his job numbers, but this shows that Presidents have little to do with them being good or bad in most cases. This isnt Trumps fault (although he likely will be blamed).

And my husband can get another job, if he were to lose this one, but jobs and medical dont just start right up from one to the next, seamlessly. Especially not after being let go. And I'm in a contract position for 6 months with my job so medical is financially not an option.

Plus, how much do you think people are going to be going out to eat at restaurants once this really hits? We are supposed to be avoiding crowds.

And do you think people can just switch jobs without training, which is almost on hold now too due to the situation?

March 12, 2020
Updated 9:15 a.m. ET

SYDNEY, Australia — Tom Hanks had a cold, or so he thought: slight fever, body aches, chills, the usual.

In the United States, those symptoms may not be enough to get tested for the new coronavirus. But he and his wife, Rita Wilson, who also felt sick, weren’t at home — they were in Australia.

Here, testing is free and widely available, thanks to early and coordinated planning for a pandemic. On Thursday, Mr. Hanks said he and his wife had seen the efforts firsthand, as they tested positive for the virus.

[snip]Days after China shared the genome of the virus, Australia’s private testing industry — which handles everything from blood tests to stool samples — was mobilized, with the government making tests free through Medicare, the national health care plan.

In the United States, little if anything about the process has been efficient or convenient. Tests have been slow to arrive across the country, in part because of a manufacturing problem, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Criteria for who should be tested have been widened only recently. At first, the C.D.C. recommended testing only those who had traveled to Wuhan, China, or had contact with a suspected coronavirus case and had a fever or respiratory symptoms.

Good thing they were in an advanced country, and not in a place where they don't take science seriously and scorn experts. Like the US.

And remember kids, real men don't wash their hands.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom