• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tom Brady unretires to play a 23rd season

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
I think the only way Tom Brady ever leaves the game is if they carry him out.

I think the only way Tom Brady ever leaves the game is if they carry him out.
I live in Southwest Florida, longtime Bucs fan and I'm loving this news.

I think Brady's family has come grips with Brady and football, Brady is football and football is Brady.

Reactions: PoS
Not surprised Brady is going to play next season. Rodgers is most likely thinking, what the heck do I have to do to get all the attention in the NFL?:giggle:

Not surprised Brady is going to play next season. Rodgers is most likely thinking, what the heck do I have to do to get all the attention in the NFL?:giggle:
For starters, play for a team besides the Packers. That would get some attention.

Reactions: PoS
Good for Brady...he should do whatever he thinks is best for him. I'm not so sure it's a great move for the Buccaneers. How many times have you seen QBs that became synonymous with the team and the city and the franchise was almost scared to let them go. Pretty much every franchise has a tale like this...except for Houston of course...they never had a QB worth keeping. Its a mix of economics, emotions, fan support, etc....

The good news is that the NFC south is arguably the weakest division in the league this year. So the Bucs may have some success that will further hurt them long-term. It might be better to just "rip the band-aid off" and start the re-build with the new salary cap flexibility and without the Brady aura. A new era and all that.

On the other hand...with the NFL playoffs...you've got to be in it to win it and with Brady...they have a great chance to be in it.

If Tampa stays healthy their only competition in the NFC will be the Rams. Adams leaving Green Bay kills their chances. Lance is probably not ready yet in San Fran. Russ is gone from Seattle. Payton gone from the Saints. Cooper and Gregory gone from the Cowboys. Kyler is too short in Arizona.

If Tampa stays healthy their only competition in the NFC will be the Rams. Adams leaving Green Bay kills their chances. Lance is probably not ready yet in San Fran. Russ is gone from Seattle. Payton gone from the Saints. Cooper and Gregory gone from the Cowboys. Kyler is too short in Arizona.
There is a lot of self-destruction going on in the NFC. The Cardinals have gone Heaven's Gate, the Cowboys just got rid of their "go to" receiver for their QB, I don't see anyone else in the East posing much of a threat to the rest of the conference. Minnesota may surprise some folks as might Green Bay...nobody has ever made the position of QB look easier than Aaron Rodgers. As long as he's on the field, Green Bay remains a threat in my view.

Back
Top Bottom