• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Toledo Nazi Riots

George_Washington said:
Bill O'Reilly just got done talking about the riots. He also felt that the blacks in Toledo were stupid as hell for rioting and I firmly agree with him. There were only 14 Nazis there to begin with, sheesh. O'Reilly had on this idiot black leader of this Black Panther group (obviously a white hating group) who thought they had a right to riot. Completely ridiculous.

Thank God we have people like Bill O'Reilly to combat stupid riot situations like this.

Amen, brother!

Polish Rob said:
Segregation occurs naturally whether you want to believe it or not. There are some who overcome it, but you look at some schools that are mixed races. They hang out with their races more than others. There are anomalies, but culture segregates itself naturally.

I chill with the grey ppl from Alpha Centauri. So am I an anomalie?

[This was intended to be a joke]

Polish Rob said:
Segregation occurs naturally whether you want to believe it or not. There are some who overcome it, but you look at some schools that are mixed races. They hang out with their races more than others. There are anomalies, but culture segregates itself naturally.

But less so than in previous decades. There's nothing wrong with identifying with people of your same culture. But to be intolerant of someone elses culture or skin color is about as ignorant and assinying as someone can get.

the more that we become a melting pot of different cultures and races, the more we have to learn to appreciate each others differences (unless your differences preach violence or hate, in which case you need to be punched repeatedly until you vomit - lol j/k).

But seriously, I know what you mean. I witness it everyday. But I also ask questions about things I don't understand, and try to put myself in someone elses shoes. There's plenty of space here, no reason why we can't all share it.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
And it seems that you have never experianced a riot so it is you who is ignorant. I was in downtown Cincinnati when the riots started and the blacks looted, burned down historical buildings and buisinesses, attacked city hall, pulled white women out of their cars and beat them, attacked other white people and their cars, broke into the city armoury (thankfully it was empty), roamed the streets freely wielding guns and knifes, shot at police, etc. And what did the mayor do? He refused to call in the national guard and left town. He gave those criminals a free pass and left us to fend for ourselves.

And it seems that your ability to reason has been severely retarded, so it is YOU who are ignorant. Just because a riot happened where you lived doesn't mean that all the people involved were: A. black or B. Supported by the majority of the black community of America. Look, I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but that doesn't mean that this is a behavior that black, white, red, yellow or any other race of people is more prone to. It's the community, not the culture. Are you telling me that black businessmen and black teachers were in the streets pulling Sanyo's out of the radio shack?

And hey, the lead singer of Sublime even wrote a song about the L.A. riots before he died. In his song he says that he was there, looting, and stole the equipment that he was using the record the song we were hearing. Wrong thing to do, but he was as white as they came.

The blacks segregate themselves now and the politicians favor them and let them get away with criminal behavior. In my opinion, second class citizenship is given to white people these days because every politician is afriad that Jesse Jackson, the Black Panthers, and the NAACP will label them as racists and incite a riot.

:bs

That's the most rediculous idea i've heard since they created compassionate conservatism.

We are never going to accomplish anything by denying the problem. Black people in these poor communities are extremely vulnerable to these kind of outbursts, riots, etc. This has been demonstrated time and again in every major city in America, why America is the question we should be asking ourselves.

I believe the answer is simple, it is our social programs that have kept the African Americans down. We have set them up for failure by supporting them without question, keeping them quarantined in these government housing situations, and making education not readily available, or at least not making it a number 1 priority. What did we think was going to happen in this boiling pot, when 50,000, poor, desperate, ignorant people are all huddled together, have a bake sale to promote tolerance?:roll:

No, we must act to remove these volatile situations, spread these people out, not hide them away in government housing, with only a block of government cheese to sustain them.

Deegan said:
We are never going to accomplish anything by denying the problem. Black people in these poor communities are extremely vulnerable to these kind of outbursts, riots, etc. This has been demonstrated time and again in every major city in America, why America is the question we should be asking ourselves.

I believe the answer is simple, it is our social programs that have kept the African Americans down. We have set them up for failure by supporting them without question, keeping them quarantined in these government housing situations, and making education not readily available, or at least not making it a number 1 priority. What did we think was going to happen in this boiling pot, when 50,000, poor, desperate, ignorant people are all huddled together, have a bake sale to promote tolerance?:roll:

No, we must act to remove these volatile situations, spread these people out, not hide them away in government housing, with only a block of government cheese to sustain them.

Yo, cuz. Y u be dissin' mi homies, foo!? Eye gunna git all gangsta on yo pasty azz!

LOL :rofl :mrgreen:

FinnMacCool said:
Stop trying to make it seem like the nazis are innocent. They were doing that there for the specific reason to provoke violence. It was obviously intended on their part.

Also, those blacks that you mentioned were gang members so generalizing and saying that the "blacks" attacked the police is a bit over the top.

Unfortunately we can't outlaw Nazis in this country as they have in Germany.
But wouldn't it be nice?
I do realize we can't do it simply as a matter of Constitutional law.

Polish Rob said:

This is a bit of a trolling comment on my part, but...

It is a natural part of American society, but it isn't a natural part of all societies.

Canada, for example, does not have the same level of racial issues. 26% of Canadians are of mixed ethnicity anyways. Why? Because we do not think ourselves as being of one race or class; we are all Canadian.

I am not saying that we don't have our problems, but to say the racisim in America is natural should be furthur qualified: it is natural for Americans.

I remember hearing Clinton speak about a program he was pushing to offer assistence to black families trying to get children into college. I thought "why would you want to make that distinction - it only invites segragation". But after seeing how things work in the US, I now understand that it is a different world that here, and no solution to the problem comes to mind.

I know I'm new here and this is my first post, but you completely ignore the constitution.

So the Nazis went out to do their parade, yes, to instigate rioting. But you know what, those who rioted are at fault, because they did EXACTLY what the Nazi's wanted.

Self control is the one of the greatest virtues, and to be able to determine right from wrong.

I can't argue with that. I never denied that. The nazis have all the right in the world to act like dicks I was just simply holding them responsible. And yes, they should've controlled themselves.

Wyldinstinct said:
And it seems that your ability to reason has been severely retarded, so it is YOU who are ignorant. Just because a riot happened where you lived doesn't mean that all the people involved were: A. black or B. Supported by the majority of the black community of America. Look, I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but that doesn't mean that this is a behavior that black, white, red, yellow or any other race of people is more prone to. It's the community, not the culture. Are you telling me that black businessmen and black teachers were in the streets pulling Sanyo's out of the radio shack?

I guess you really don't know what happened in Cincinnati. The blacks were running amuk. There were no hispanics, whites, or any other race except for the blacks as far as the eye could see. Jesse Jackson, the Black Panthers, and the NAACP were applauding them the entire time. I was in shopping when it began. Eventually the creeps came into the wealthier neighborhoods where I lived and learned that if they put their filthy hands on anything or anyone we'd blow their head off. So the slimebags went back to downtown.

Wyldinstinct said:
That's the most rediculous idea i've heard since they created compassionate conservatism.

Unless you can name 1 politician willing to strike down AA you have no ground to stand on.

Eventually the creeps came into the wealthier neighborhoods where I lived...

So, when you're looking at the world through your nose, do the hairs get in the way? Or is it sort of like eye-lashes where it's not really a big deal?

FinnMacCool said:
Dude we're talking about ****ing nazis here. This doesn't really require indepth analyis. The nazis, excercising their freedom to do a little racist parade of theirs pissed people off and instigated a riot which is, of course, what they had originally hoped to achieve. Just because the people there went crazy doesn't mean that its their fault cause it would be enough to get me pissed off too.

Prove that the Nazis went there to cause a riot. Prove this is what they "originally hoped to achieve." Sounds like you are the one who is prejudging people. If the police asked them to leave and they did, then does that sound like a group of people wanting to cause a riot? Get real. Nazis have just as much right to have demonstrations as any other group. The people who were involved in the riot are responsible for their own actions, no one else.

danarhea said:
Yea. Blacks will do anything to start trouble. They will get angry for absolutely no reason at all. I mean, just because a group which supports their elimination comes into their own neighborhood for a rally, is no excuse to be angry at them. After all, historically, the Nazis have always loved the blacks just as much as members of their own family. Right? Give it a rest. I would not have felt bad for the Nazis if some of them had been shot in the process of spewing their hatred towards non-whites.

Oh wait, what you are really saying is that the Nazis have a Constitutional right to demonstrate wherever they wish, right? OK, then lets let them demonstrate in Skokie Illinois, where there are residents still alive who remember Hitler's ovens. Would that satisfy you?

Or how about this? The Constitution does not give anyone a right to shout "fire" in a crowded theater, or to go into a neighborhood in which they do NOT even live, knowing damn well that their presence there could possibly cause a riot. Whoever granted the Nazis the permit is a lunatic.

So the people who rioted have a right to destroy things and hurt people because they disagree with a protest? Terrible ideology. The Nazis did not committ any crime, the people who rioted did.

Wyldinstinct said:
So, when you're looking at the world through your nose, do the hairs get in the way? Or is it sort of like eye-lashes where it's not really a big deal?

If a horde of looters, gangs, and rioters came storming into your neighborhood and the mayor had left town providing no protection from them what would you do to protect yourself and your property?

Back
Top Bottom