• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Today's Power Play: GOP Sweetens its Offer to Manchin

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
There's more than one way to take over Congress, folks, and it's not at the ballot box.

Republicans are making some big promises to try to lure West Virginia Senator-elect Joe Manchin to cross the aisle.

Aside from his pick of committee assignments (likely the Energy and Natural Resources Committee), Manchin might get support for one of his pet projects - a plant to convert coal to diesel fuel that has stalled under Democratic leadership in Washington.

It's one of Manchin's pet projects and could mean big money for the state's coal producers.

It's called bribery, and this bribe is worth a billion dollars. However, before Democrats get all up in arms about it, they should remember how they worked on Senator Jeffords to get him to cross the aisle, and caucus with the Democrats as an Independent. Either way, and whether Republicans or Democrats do it, it subverts the will of the people, who elected these guys. But does it really matter? We are talking about Congresscritters, who will do whatever it takes to score points. Honestly, I have more respect for prostitutes who, at the end of the day, take a shower and a douche, and all the dirt comes off - More than I can say for politicians of any stripe. They can shower all they want, and their filth remains. As for the douche, if they were to do that, then they would no longer exist. :mrgreen:

Article is here.

There's more than one way to take over Congress, folks, and it's not at the ballot box.

It's called bribery, and this bribe is worth a billion dollars. However, before Democrats get all up in arms about it, they should remember how they worked on Senator Jeffords to get him to cross the aisle, and caucus with the Democrats as an Independent. Either way, and whether Republicans or Democrats do it, it subverts the will of the people, who elected these guys. But does it really matter? We are talking about Congresscritters, who will do whatever it takes to score points. Honestly, I have more respect for prostitutes who, at the end of the day, take a shower and a douche, and all the dirt comes off - More than I can say for politicians of any stripe. They can shower all they want, and their filth remains. As for the douche, if they were to do that, then they would no longer exist. :mrgreen:

Article is here.

Mancin was elected in spite of running as a Dem. The ad that won it for him showed him with a rifle shooting a hole through the middle of the cap and trade bill.
He was a very popular Gov that his people were afraid to send to Washington because he might get caught up in Obama's agendas. However, he convinced them that wouldn't happen. If he crosses over, I doubt his voters will care

Not a fan of the essential bribery in regards to the Coal plant (I actually don't mind the idea but don't like tieing it to something like this). I don't mind it as much with committee's. However, I don't think its a huge deal to be honest. I don't think Manchin's votes would greatly vary regardless of whether he has a D, a R, or an I after his name.

Article is here.

Who is up in arms? With such a marginal gap in the Senate, it was virtually inevitable something like this was going to happen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom