• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Today's mess

Glowpun

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Who are the people who are against Obamacare care and why?

What is the problem with some people who don't want others to have health insurance? Some of the things that are in obamacare the republicans were in favour of. But no more, why?

I dont care who has health care, just they need to work for it. Like I do.

I AM. My main problem with the system is that the US Constitution does not allow the Federal Government any say in the health, healthcare, or health insurance fields. In fact there is no mention of anything of the sort in Article I, Section 8 of the document.

What is the problem with some people who don't want others to have health insurance? Some of the things that are in obamacare the republicans were in favour of. But no more, why?

It's not that we don't want others to have health insurance. It is a matter that to us, health care is a personal responsibility, not a societal one. It is up to the individual/family to find a way to ensure their health and well-being are protected.

I won't speak for Republicans, since I'm not one, but whatever they were in favor of, Conservatives were likely against as well.

The majority of people in the United States already have health care or can get it. Only 37 million people will benefit from Obamacare. Obama is using those 37 million people to destroy the healthcare system in the United States, formerly the best healthcare system in the world. Coming right on the heels of years off foreign immigrants overwhelming our emergency rooms demanding that Americans pay for their care, this will devastate our elderly and our entire system.

I am against it. "Health care" is not the goal of this piece of crap law. It's CONTROL of people. It's Big Brother imperial control of the stupid citizens who fall for this ploy. Furthermore, it's designed to choke out insurance companies, so that more and more citizens are forced against their will to buy into this nonsense.

What is the problem with some people who don't want others to have health insurance?
I don't want to pay for some loser's coverage. I don't want to be forced against my will to pay for some loser's coverage.

Some of the things that are in obamacare the republicans were in favour of. But no more, why?
It's not about Dem/Rep. It's about ALL of the oligarchist politicians wanting ultimate control over ALL citizens. The only reason the republicans are fighting this is for fear of being voted out of office. That's their only fear.

I am against it. "Health care" is not the goal of this piece of crap law. It's CONTROL of people. It's Big Brother imperial control of the stupid citizens who fall for this ploy. Furthermore, it's designed to choke out insurance companies, so that more and more citizens are forced against their will to buy into this nonsense. "Uh huh."

I don't want to pay for some loser's coverage. I don't want to be forced against my will to pay for some loser's coverage.

"But when you pay your taxes you are doing it for some loser's benefit. I don't hear you complain about that do I? What is your definition of "loser"? Rancor is detected in your tone."

It's not about Dem/Rep. It's about ALL of the oligarchist politicians wanting ultimate control over ALL citizens. The only reason the republicans are fighting this is for fear of being voted out of office. That's their only fear.

"The republicans have only to do it to and for themselves. There are becoming an endangered species and they know it."

Do I hear any complaints against Medicare or Medicaid which has been around for years?

The majority of people in the United States already have health care or can get it. Only 37 million people will benefit from Obamacare. Obama is using those 37 million people to destroy the healthcare system in the United States, formerly the best healthcare system in the world. Coming right on the heels of years off foreign immigrants overwhelming our emergency rooms demanding that Americans pay for their care, this will devastate our elderly and our entire system.

"only" 37 million people
"only" the reason the GOP will cease to remain a viable political entity

Impossible to answer a question with a totally faulty premise.

By 'best' do you mean the most expensive? If so, you are right.
By 'best' do you mean ranked 38th? if so, you are right

World Health Organization ranking of health systems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I AM. My main problem with the system is that the US Constitution does not allow the Federal Government any say in the health, healthcare, or health insurance fields. In fact there is no mention of anything of the sort in Article I, Section 8 of the document.

It's not that we don't want others to have health insurance. It is a matter that to us, health care is a personal responsibility, not a societal one. It is up to the individual/family to find a way to ensure their health and well-being are protected.

I won't speak for Republicans, since I'm not one, but whatever they were in favor of, Conservatives were likely against as well.

How about employers who do not offer healthcare to their employees? I know alot of people who do not get any breaks on healthcare and they work hard everyday. What do you say to them when they have a family and they cannot afford healthcare?

How about employers who do not offer healthcare to their employees? I know alot of people who do not get any breaks on healthcare and they work hard everyday. What do you say to them when they have a family and they cannot afford healthcare?

An employer is not required to offer healthcare. An individual is not required to work for an employer who doesn't offer healthcare. Nobody is required to get married or have a family if they are not able to support them. Life is not about what one CAN do, but one SHOULD do.... I wouldn't work for a company that didn't offer healthcare. I wouldn't be getting married next year if I wasn't able to support myself AND my fiance/wife.

As you post in the middle of the day when you should be doing the job you're paid for...

Do I hear any complaints against Medicare or Medicaid which has been around for years?
Not yet, but you will. It is well known to any who bother to look that Medicare coverage will be reduced. Not too significantly just yet, but in a couple of years the proof will manifest itself with the funding for it gutted and directed to ACA instead. This is known - just not yet experienced. Medicare Part B coverage is already being dropped by many providers, and the market for individuals seeking that coverage is shrinking.

I say life is not fair, it never has been and never will be.

Medicare costs have become so great that it will be unsustainable, and now we are adding more to our federal healthcare expenditures, in the form of entitlements, while the working proportion of our population is declining. We will regret this huge mistake down the road.

You might take a walk back through history a bit and have a good look at exactly what entities have required that health insurance be offered in specific formats with very specific coverages included. That would be the government, to start with. Whether it is individual states, or the federal government, for decades it has been nigh impossible to find insurance coverage which was low cost and catastrophic only. We have generally been forced to purchase health insurance which offers all kinds of coverage for events that are unlikely for the average household - drug rehabilitation, mental health services, co-pays for routine doctor visits - it's a long list of things which drive costs up and offer no real benefit except to those on the fringes. Health insurance providers have been prohibited from offering insurance across state lines, and that further restricts competition which would drive costs down. Employer based health insurance started when wages were frozen during WWII. That necessity has long since passed. There is no need for employers to offer health insurance - just the need for an unfettered market in which individuals and families can make their own choices.

Health insurance is not a right first of all. 2nd, I don't want to pay for someone else's insurance. 3rd the government has no business being in the healthcare of citizens. 4th. The costs are enormous for this bill, most people's bills will be going up not down.

2nd, I don't want to pay for someone else's insurance.

The other points you made are valid, but this one here I think is a little off. That's the purpose of insurance and what happens when you have private insurance. Those that are healthy pay into it and use it when they are sick. If you are healthy, not sick, and paying, you are paying for someone elses insurance and even paying the subsidies for those who can't.

You might take a walk back through history a bit and have a good look at exactly what entities have required that health insurance be offered in specific formats with very specific coverages included. That would be the government, to start with. Whether it is individual states, or the federal government, for decades it has been nigh impossible to find insurance coverage which was low cost and catastrophic only. We have generally been forced to purchase health insurance which offers all kinds of coverage for events that are unlikely for the average household - drug rehabilitation, mental health services, co-pays for routine doctor visits - it's a long list of things which drive costs up and offer no real benefit except to those on the fringes. Health insurance providers have been prohibited from offering insurance across state lines, and that further restricts competition which would drive costs down. Employer based health insurance started when wages were frozen during WWII. That necessity has long since passed. There is no need for employers to offer health insurance - just the need for an unfettered market in which individuals and families can make their own choices.

The Company I worked for stopped providing health insurance in 2011, oddly coinciding with the passage of Obamacare! I opted to go with BC/BS and now for 2014 I find my premiums doubling. I'm going to talk with a representative today, and I may go with someone new if I get a better deal...I'm not holding my breath, though! It is what it is, I guess... disheartening! :thumbdown:

Good morning, humbolt. :2wave:

The majority of Americans. Why? Goodness, where to begin? Because it's unconstitutional; because we don't want the government running our healthcare system; because the government is pathetically inept at running the vast majority of things they do; because we don't want the government in control of yet another 1/6th of this nation's economy; because this isn't about health"care" at all (it's about giving more power/control to the federal government); because we can't afford it........ etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

What is the problem with some people who don't want others to have health insurance?
Name one person or entity that doesn't want others to have health insurance? (P.S. check your premises).

Some of the things that are in obamacare the republicans were in favour of. But no more, why?
"Some" does not a whole make. But that isn't even true anyway; "some" Republican politicians, for a couple "similar" (but not the same) things. This is not a Republican bill - not even remotely. No - the Democrats can't appeal to that canard. This is all theirs, 100%.

The Company I worked for stopped providing health insurance in 2011, oddly coinciding with the passage of Obamacare! I opted to go with BC/BS and now for 2014 I find my premiums doubling. I'm going to talk with a representative today, and I may go with someone new if I get a better deal...I'm not holding my breath, though! It is what it is, I guess... disheartening! :thumbdown:

Good morning, humbolt. :2wave:
Very sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, I think that's where most of us are headed. Exorbitantly higher costs, inordinately less "care."

But hey - you *could* head on over to one of the federal government's exchanges and purchase your mandated insurance there - of course, on this first day of them being required by law to open, none are. ;)

Back
Top Bottom