• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Today's mess

The power comes from our govt. The act was passed by both houses of congress, signed by the President and upheld by the Supreme court. Don't tell me you don't know this is how our govt. works.

While it's true that this act was passed by both houses of Congress, you have neglected to mention that it was only the Democrats that voted for it, and a Democrat President that signed it in to law...there was not one Republican vote in favor! And it took arm-twisting and bribes to get some of those Democrat votes! Isn't that interesting? Since the Dems own Obamacare, lock stock and barrel, we'll soon see what the Country thinks about the new healthcare plan! No wonder they're no longer calling it Obamacare. I wouldn't either, after reading the polls!

Greetings, iguanaman. :2wave:

Liberals think that is a good thing. Are you saying you don't agree?
Generally speaking, what liberals think is "a good thing" I think belies their devotion to what constitutes "bad."
I believe Reid might think you're an anarchist now.
Yeah, well Dingy Harry and I aren't exactly on the same page on anything. Frankly, I think he does more projecting than is healthy for someone his age and IQ.

Generally speaking, what liberals think is "a good thing" I think belies their devotion to what constitutes "bad."

That's pretty much how I feel as well.

Yeah, well Dingy Harry and I aren't exactly on the same page on anything. Frankly, I think he does more projecting than is healthy for someone his age and IQ.

Hearing him going on and on about anarchists on the senate floor is ****ing hilarious. He can't seem to stop calling house republicans anarchists even if it makes no sense to call someone that got elected to a government position an anarchist. The best part is that liberals around here have been listening to him and now they are doing the same thing. :lamo

God, those uncompromising anarchist republicans sending me a spending bill with trillions of dollars of government spending in it. How dare they not compromise.

While it's true that this act was passed by both houses of Congress, you have neglected to mention that it was only the Democrats that voted for it, and a Democrat President that signed it in to law...there was not one Republican vote in favor! And it took arm-twisting and bribes to get some of those Democrat votes! Isn't that interesting? Since the Dems own Obamacare, lock stock and barrel, we'll soon see what the Country thinks about the new healthcare plan! No wonder they're no longer calling it Obamacare. I wouldn't either, after reading the polls!

Greetings, iguanaman. :2wave:

Actually it was a Republican Governor that showed us the way, not that it matters. Where in the Constitution does it say that both sides must vote in favor of any law before it is binding?

Liberals think that is a good thing. Are you saying you don't agree? I believe Reid might think you're an anarchist now.

Everyone has a choice. The door is over there. It's a free country with open borders.

Everyone has a choice. The door is over there. It's a free country with open borders.

Actually, no. On your way out you have to settle up with the government otherwise they won't let you go.

That's pretty much how I feel as well.

Hearing him going on and on about anarchists on the senate floor is ****ing hilarious. He can't seem to stop calling house republicans anarchists even if it makes no sense to call someone that got elected to a government position an anarchist. The best part is that liberals around here have been listening to him and now they are doing the same thing. :lamo

God, those uncompromising anarchist republicans sending me a spending bill with trillions of dollars of government spending in it. How dare they not compromise.
I just wish he'd shut his wrinkly trap. He disgusts me like few others ever have. Truly one horrifically corrupt politician.

Boy, you can say THAT again. "Free" and "Open Borders." Thank you, Democrats.

I keep going over there but every time I do some guy wants money. What is the deal with that?

The other points you made are valid, but this one here I think is a little off. That's the purpose of insurance and what happens when you have private insurance. Those that are healthy pay into it and use it when they are sick. If you are healthy, not sick, and paying, you are paying for someone elses insurance and even paying the subsidies for those who can't.

What I think he means is he dont want to pay for people who failed to prepare for their lives.
Why should I pay for your sick kids when you have never had a job with heathcare and never put a penny aside for their medical bills.

I dont care who has health care, just they need to work for it. Like I do.

That's ****ing brilliant. Exactly what are you doing to help people get a living wage? You talk as if anybody can walk out there and get a job anytime they want. You must live somewhere on an island where there are lots of good jobs and with lots of money. I don't know where that is, but out here in the real world there are a lot of people who are very qualified but can't find work. You may be the only person I've talked to in a while who doesn't know any qualified people who can't find a good job.

Actually it was a Republican Governor that showed us the way, not that it matters. Where in the Constitution does it say that both sides must vote in favor of any law before it is binding?

Actually it was the Democrat led legislature that created the legislation that Romney signed, not that it matters.

Where in the Constitution does it say that the House is doing anything illegal, or un-Constitutional?

As long as your citing the Constitution, where in the Constitution, or in the Legislation itself, does it provide the authority of the President of the United States to selectively and unilaterally suspend parts he choses to?

Obviously it doesn't say anything about both sides being in favor of something to make it binding, otherwise we wouldn't be talking about the pros and cons of Obamacare today. The majority rules, and the Dems had the majority, and passed it.

Today the House majority is Republican, so why the squawking from Dems on delaying Obamacare for a year?. Lord knows with the potential problems surfacing lately, one should have been glad to have the reprieve to get the bugs ironed out. Apparently not, even though we will be paying for it starting in January, as nearly as I can figure out. I'm not sure about that, though. In the meantime, the CR to okay spending was approved. Do you really expect to get everything you want, or it's no deal? Many people would not think that is fair...and I am one of them. Compromise is not a four-letter word, neither literally nor figuratively.

Romney signed the HC bill in Massachusetts that was presented to him by a solidly Democrat legislature. His veto would have been overridden, so why not? He is a businessman, and knows how to gauge risk, plus the legislature apparently listened to their constituents in writing the law, and if they're happy, good for them. Will they have to convert to Obamacare now? :confused:

Actually, no. On your way out you have to settle up with the government otherwise they won't let you go.

Plus, if you try to enter Mexico illegally, you could be in for a nasty surprise. Even entering Mexico legally has its monetary and legal requirements, as does every country on this planet...well, every country except for the US. Here, lawbreakers are not only welcomed, they are given aid of all sorts, including food, housing, and promised amnesty! Are we great or what? :cool:

Greetings, clownboy. :2wave:

That's ****ing brilliant. Exactly what are you doing to help people get a living wage? You talk as if anybody can walk out there and get a job anytime they want. You must live somewhere on an island where there are lots of good jobs and with lots of money. I don't know where that is, but out here in the real world there are a lot of people who are very qualified but can't find work. You may be the only person I've talked to in a while who doesn't know any qualified people who can't find a good job.
I know qualified enough people that wont work, yet think everyone else needs to so they can have health insurance for their kids.

I know qualified enough people that wont work, yet think everyone else needs to so they can have health insurance for their kids.

At first I was going to criticize your friends. I don't have any friends or family - I don't really know anybody - who wants to live on the welfare plan. But, I forgot that you live in Melbourne.

At first I was going to criticize your friends. I don't have any friends or family - I don't really know anybody - who wants to live on the welfare plan. But, I forgot that you live in Melbourne.

Quote me as saying they are friends.

I dont care who has health care, just they need to work for it. Like I do.

So the poor who can't afford it just don't get it, right?

Perfect teabaggery.

Actually it was the Democrat led legislature that created the legislation that Romney signed, not that it matters.

Where in the Constitution does it say that the House is doing anything illegal, or un-Constitutional?

As long as your citing the Constitution, where in the Constitution, or in the Legislation itself, does it provide the authority of the President of the United States to selectively and unilaterally suspend parts he choses to?

Be careful what you wish for. The GOP has crossed a line. If the Republicans ever capture the presidency again (which is doubtful due the pending demographic extinction), a Democratic congress should hold him hostage and shut the government down unless we ban guns and increase taxes on the rich.

What's good for the goose . . .

So the poor who can't afford it just don't get it, right?

Perfect teabaggery.
I dont remember hearing about too many poor dying from substandard care before.
Seems the emergency rooms were always filled with people with no insurance and no one was wheeled out to die.

Be careful what you wish for. The GOP has crossed a line. If the Republicans ever capture the presidency again (which is doubtful due the pending demographic extinction), a Democratic congress should hold him hostage and shut the government down unless we ban guns and increase taxes on the rich.

Guns are a right, healthcare isnt.

I have a hard time gandering into crystal balls. They tend to be influenced by nefarious forces...

Obviously it doesn't say anything about both sides being in favor of something to make it binding, otherwise we wouldn't be talking about the pros and cons of Obamacare today. The majority rules, and the Dems had the majority, and passed it.

Today the House majority is Republican, so why the squawking from Dems on delaying Obamacare for a year?. Lord knows with the potential problems surfacing lately, one should have been glad to have the reprieve to get the bugs ironed out. Apparently not, even though we will be paying for it starting in January, as nearly as I can figure out. I'm not sure about that, though. In the meantime, the CR to okay spending was approved. Do you really expect to get everything you want, or it's no deal? Many people would not think that is fair...and I am one of them. Compromise is not a four-letter word, neither literally nor figuratively.

Romney signed the HC bill in Massachusetts that was presented to him by a solidly Democrat legislature. His veto would have been overridden, so why not? He is a businessman, and knows how to gauge risk, plus the legislature apparently listened to their constituents in writing the law, and if they're happy, good for them. Will they have to convert to Obamacare now? :confused:

Romney fully supported the Mass. HC reform. It was not a matter of anyone having a veto overridden. The plan is quite popular in the State and over 98% of residents have health insurance. There is a mechanism for repealing a law already in place. Why is it that you think that method does not apply to the AHC act? Perhaps you want to overthrow the US Govt. and start over. I would be very careful about such talk if I were you.

Romney fully supported the Mass. HC reform. It was not a matter of anyone having a veto overridden. The plan is quite popular in the State and over 98% of residents have health insurance. There is a mechanism for repealing a law already in place. Why is it that you think that method does not apply to the AHC act? Perhaps you want to overthrow the US Govt. and start over. I would be very careful about such talk if I were you.

There's a difference between a state instituting HC reform, and the Federal Government doing it.

The power comes from our govt? What in the hell does that mean?

It means that until it is overthrown, the bills passed and signed into law have the full force of the Federal Govt. and it's military to put them into effect. Go right ahead and break some federal laws and see what happens. Rob a bank or something.

Back
Top Bottom