• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Today.... These are the kind of fake news headlines the public is subject to reading....

How would jesus handle this...continue to lie and lash out, or just be humble and try to be truthful? It's not too late.

It's never too late, not for any of us. A good beginning might be looking to one's own behavior. But I'm curious: Why are you bringing Jesus into these uncharitable comments? Aren't your own judgments here enough?

There you go!
But stop bringing facts to the discussion.
You'll give the TDSers a migraine.
That's fair; their abject idiocy often gives me a pain somewhat lower. :lamo

Aside from all the proof already provided, that is.

Bye bye...

Perhaps the wall should be fully transparent.

Walls obviously provide additional security or the people arguing against them would not have walls, doors, windows, or keys for that matter. The armed guards are pretty cool as well.

Quite the hypocrisy on display by these people.

It's never too late, not for any of us. A good beginning might be looking to one's own behavior. But I'm curious: Why are you bringing Jesus into these uncharitable comments? Aren't your own judgments here enough?
By all means, tell me one should look at their own behavior, as you question mine.

And why not bring the teachings of Christ into why it's good to be honest in communicating with others? I'm not sure you're aware, but reason doesn't work on all types of people in this forum Nota, and many on the right drape themselves in the trappings of Christianity, so perhaps that's an alternative way to appeal? When reason and honesty fail, maybe Christ's example? I'm surprised you'd question that. But this seems off-topic. Am I not right that Jesus wouldn't cheer-lead personal attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
. . . Mach acts stupid
trix said:
It's okay... One can never have enough new admirers.
But by all means, come to the aid of those you feel are in need, and question those you think have erred.

Maybe piggy-back on it like this:
Akyron said:
Are you sure its an act?
Yuk yuk. All in good fun right? When you can't reason, insult them. Works for some!
But do question me about mentioning the example of Christ, if that's what you think is the right thing to do here.

By all means, tell me one should look at their own behavior, as you question mine.

And why not bring the teachings of Christ into why it's good to be honest in communicating with others? I'm not sure you're aware, but reason doesn't work on all types of people in this forum Nota, and many on the right drape themselves in the trappings of Christianity, so perhaps that's an alternative way to appeal? When reason and honesty fail, maybe Christ's example? I'm surprised you'd question that. But this seems off-topic. Am I not right that Jesus wouldn't cheer-lead personal attacks?

My first statement was of my own belief. My second sentence offered global advice that I think is sensible because while you can choose to control what you say and do, you can't control others. That's a universal "you." My third sentence questioned the content of your post, and I do wonder why you brought Jesus into the discussion. I also now wonder what you mean by "trappings of Christianity." What are these?

What I don't wonder at all about is your intent here. You insinuate that when reason and honesty (as you define these) fail, it a dishonest appeal is what's left.

But by all means, come to the aid of those you feel are in need, and question those you think have erred.

Maybe piggy-back on it like this:

Yuk yuk. All in good fun right? When you can't reason, insult them. Works for some!
But do question me about mentioning the example of Christ, if that's what you think is the right thing to do here.

I have something just for you....

Keep reading.

My first statement was of my own belief. My second sentence offered global advice that I think is sensible because while you can choose to control what you say and do, you can't control others. That's a universal "you." My third sentence questioned the content of your post, and I do wonder why you brought Jesus into the discussion. I also now wonder what you mean by "trappings of Christianity." What are these?

What I don't wonder at all about is your intent here. You insinuate that when reason and honesty (as you define these) fail, it a dishonest appeal is what's left.

He does it to control the conversation.

As you can see, it doesn't work with me.

Back
Top Bottom