• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Today.... These are the kind of fake news headlines the public is subject to reading....

Today, we have witnessed this from Trump haters media outlets... These are just a few of the fake news headlines the public is subject to reading regarding the reopening of the government....Should be a crime. :lol:

And such utter :bs
Take a look at a few of the real dillies, whoppers, complete lies. :lol:

Trump Loses on Wall and Declares Victory

Trump Agrees to Reopen Government for 3 Weeks in Surprise Retreat From Wall

My favorite fake news headline...

Brace yourselves..:lol:

Teump lost, Period

can you post any facts that prove all of those are factual "lies" . heck can you post ONE fact that makes ANY OF THEM factual lies?
please do so, thanks!

Still waiting, can ANYBODY post one fact that makes the op true and the headlines factual lies?

We are all Americans, and if we were not such stupid ****s we would be attempting to work together, because we are in trouble.

We are working together. How else do you think Pelosi and AOC became so popular?

As for Trumpers—they made their beds in the doghouse. And, there they may stay.

We are working together. How else do you think Pelosi and AOC became so popular?

As for Trumpers—they made their beds in the doghouse. And, there they may stay.

This looks like willful failure to follow along.

How exactly did Trump win this?

Win what? Since the central issue of contention remains unresolved, it seems little premature to declare political winners and losers.

Win what? Since the central issue of contention remains unresolved, it seems little premature to declare political winners and losers.

He caved. He didn’t get anything that he wanted. Not only did his poll numbers in General tank over this, but he is losing support from his right flank

We are back to where we were a month ago, but the big difference is that the Senate GOP will likely not back him on another shut down.

The President might be dumb enough to keep touching a hot stove....but they aren’t.

Here is why trump and the GOP lost. Trump chose to do this shutdown because of a fake crisis (it wasn’t a crisis when republicans controlled the government for two years). Then he shutdown the government and caused pain for 800,000 federal workers and millions of Americans as well as businesses for over 30 days (longest shutdown ever) claiming he wouldn’t re open the government fully until he had his wall. Then he caved and re opened the government without wall funding. So we know the shutdown was unnecessary, caused unecessary pain and there still is no wall. Trump and the GOP lost.

Today, we have witnessed this from Trump haters media outlets... These are just a few of the fake news headlines the public is subject to reading regarding the reopening of the government....Should be a crime. :lol:

Teump lost, Period

I think even more sad is the fact that the first and last link lead to the OPINION pages of those websites. After all these years, some folks still don’t know the difference between NEWS and OPINION.

As for the middle one, I think even most Trump supporters would agree that they were “surprised” when he agreed to the bill to reopen the government, so I’m not sure what exactly is supposedly “fake” about that headline.

Ultimate thread fails like this one are awesome!

I would like to add my :twocents: to follow up on your ding!

Now, I must admit that I could be wrong. Just putting my thoughts out there for debate purposes.

Perhaps, The Business man negotiator, Trump actually thought he could win via a shut down using a Trump Card he thought may work...

Based on the expectation that Nancy's sympathy and concern for the Federal Workers plight would trigger her superior moral fortitude...

And, would result in Nancy putting politics aside in favor of her superior morals thus using her power to end the shut down in favor of ending their plight and fund his pointy steel fence.

Trump underestimated her moral fortitude for the people she had so much concern and sympathy for which she expressed in public.

He did not expect that she would decide that not funding his pointy (immoral) fence was morally superior to her concern and sympathy for the Federal Workers plight.

Here, is what I find interesting concerning this matter..

The "immoral" Trump caved in spite of the blow back he would surely get for caving.

He, did the right thing and ended the shut down.

In spite of the fact, that he is now in the position of trusting Nancy and Congress to fund his "immoral" pointy fence via negotiations. LOL

Has he actually caved or does he have another Trump card up his sleeve ready to be played, if negotiations fail?

Who knows? But, I am sure that time will tell whether or not my thoughts are right or wrong.

I'm fairly sure that Trump will continue to pursue his goal to secure our borders via various means.

Roseann:)

Teump lost, Period

Those are all perfectly true headlines. I mean, it's a little editorializing in the language, but that is what happened.

Those are all perfectly true headlines. I mean, it's a little editorializing in the language, but that is what happened.

Um, no.

Trump has not made any statements that remotely resemble these bogus headlines.

He caved. He didn’t get anything that he wanted. Not only did his poll numbers in General tank over this, but he is losing support from his right flank

We are back to where we were a month ago, but the big difference is that the Senate GOP will likely not back him on another shut down.

The President might be dumb enough to keep touching a hot stove....but they aren’t.

I think I'll wait and see what transpires.

America is still losing, we are still getting worse, this is what The Better People focus on.

Cruelty and refusal to be civil and refusal to follow rules when the "wrong" people are winning is the road to Hell.

Every time a crime is committed successfully the wrong people won.

If you're trying to rape someone it is not the time for them to be civil OR follow rules.

Your statement is patently stupid.

I would like to add my :twocents: to follow up on your ding!

Now, I must admit that I could be wrong. Just putting my thoughts out there for debate purposes.

Perhaps, The Business man negotiator, Trump actually thought he could win via a shut down using a Trump Card he thought may work...

Based on the expectation that Nancy's sympathy and concern for the Federal Workers plight would trigger her superior moral fortitude...

And, would result in Nancy putting politics aside in favor of her superior morals thus using her power to end the shut down in favor of ending their plight and fund his pointy steel fence.

Trump underestimated her moral fortitude for the people she had so much concern and sympathy for which she expressed in public.

He did not expect that she would decide that not funding his pointy (immoral) fence was morally superior to her concern and sympathy for the Federal Workers plight.

Here, is what I find interesting concerning this matter..

The "immoral" Trump caved in spite of the blow back he would surely get for caving.

He, did the right thing and ended the shut down.

In spite of the fact, that he is now in the position of trusting Nancy and Congress to fund his "immoral" pointy fence via negotiations. LOL

Has he actually caved or does he have another Trump card up his sleeve ready to be played, if negotiations fail?

Who knows? But, I am sure that time will tell whether or not my thoughts are right or wrong.

I'm fairly sure that Trump will continue to pursue his goal to secure our borders via various means.

He caved because the GOP members told McConnell that they were about to jump the fence and vote with the D's.

Other than that, cool story, Broh.

Um, no.

Trump has not made any statements that remotely resemble these bogus headlines.

I'm sorry, the following is true or is it false: "The government is running right now and Trump doesn't have funding for a wall"?

Sure, it's only for three weeks of funding, but he played chicken and he lost. And while he could slam his feet down again, but he definitely lost this round.

Here is why trump and the GOP lost. Trump chose to do this shutdown because of a fake crisis (it wasn’t a crisis when republicans controlled the government for two years). Then he shutdown the government and caused pain for 800,000 federal workers and millions of Americans as well as businesses for over 30 days (longest shutdown ever) claiming he wouldn’t re open the government fully until he had his wall. Then he caved and re opened the government without wall funding. So we know the shutdown was unnecessary, caused unecessary pain and there still is no wall. Trump and the GOP lost.

As I told another poster, I'll wait to see what happens when this is settled. A lot can happen in three weeks.

Did you purposely miss the last paragraph of Trump's speech today?

Or...maybe you just don't understand the position he put the Dems...and the Republicans...in. I'll spell it out.

1. Dems demand he open the government and then negotiate.

2. Trump says, "Okay. The government is open. BUT...you have 3 weeks to negotiate. If you were even THINKING of running a game on me (and, of course, they were), if you don't give me the deal I want I might let the government shut down again, only it'll be your fault this time, or I might just declare a national emergency and build the wall anyway."

What Trump did was shrink the box that Chuck and Nancy put themselves in.

1. They cannot give Trump the money he wants. Their supporters will crucify them.

2. They cannot NOT give Trump the money he wants because THEY will be responsible for what happens. Their supporters will crucify them.

Chuck and Nancy are screwed and people are starting to realize it. Even CNN is starting to realize it.

Oh...wait...I forgot to talk about the Republicans. You know...the ones who don't like Trump but thought they had cover because they thought the Dems had him over a barrel? This puts them on notice, too. Support him or they will be included in with the Dems and get crucified...only it'll be by the Republican base.

Sounds really good.

If you don't think about it.

I think everybody got about enough of terrorist demands.

"Give me money for my Trump Wall or I'll deport all the DACA kids to countries they've never seen."

Then "Give me money for my Trump Wall or I'll **** up 800,000 peoples credit."

Ultimate thread fails like this one are awesome!

You mean like the hundreds of threads here that Trump was toast? Like them? Because as of today - over two years since those threads started here - he remains in office. I don't know what the future holds for him as president, but it's patently obvious that all those who claimed he was done didn't have a clue.

You mean like the hundreds of threads here that Trump was toast? Like them? Because as of today - over two years since those threads started here - he remains in office. I don't know what the future holds for him as president, but it's patently obvious that all those who claimed he was done didn't have a clue.

Uh, have you not been paying attention?

20161011edwas-a-1020x794.jpg

As I told another poster, I'll wait to see what happens when this is settled. A lot can happen in three weeks.

Yeah you take that three weeks like trump and the GOP and lick your wounds.:lamo

Not what he hoped he would.

Pissed a bunch of people off.

Perhaps, he hoped Nancy would take the moral high ground and end the shut down for the sake of the Federal Workers plight and end their suffering caused by the "immoral" Trump.

Note: That is has been established in the Public Square via many sources... media, Democrat speeches... etc. that Trump is "immoral" in comparison to the Moral Representatives.

People do not expect much from an "immoral" Leader. They do however, expect more from Leaders that claim to be their Moral Representatives.

Some of the Moral Representatives have been tested and failed to help the Federal Workers plight via making not funding Trumps "immoral" pointy fence the higher moral priority over their plight.

True, but you have ruled out a simple factor. That people can tend to be fickle.

There may be some people who now blame the Moral Representatives, who ignored the plight of all of those workers in favor of political gain.

There also, may be some people who were surprised by the "immoral" Leader being the one that ended the plight of the Federal Workers. (even though he took credit for the shut down)

Plus, add to all of the above... If, Trump's end results, which has yet to happen alters their perception of him even more may change their minds.

Polls need to be repeated from time to time and the results change. Could that be due at least partially to the idea that people tend to be fickle and change their minds based on current circumstances that positively or negatively alter their everyday lives.

imo Roseann:)

He caved because the GOP members told McConnell that they were about to jump the fence and vote with the D's.

Other than that, cool story, Broh.

I guess, we will just need to wait and see what the future holds concerning this matter.

Perhaps, he hoped Nancy would take the moral high ground and end the shut down for the sake of the Federal Workers plight and end their suffering caused by the "immoral" Trump.

Note: That is has been established in the Public Square via many sources... media, Democrat speeches... etc. that Trump is "immoral" in comparison to the Moral Representatives.

People do not expect much from an "immoral" Leader. They do however, expect more from Leaders that claim to be their Moral Representatives.

Some of the Moral Representatives have been tested and failed to help the Federal Workers plight via making not funding Trumps "immoral" pointy fence the higher moral priority over their plight.

True, but you have ruled out a simple factor. That people can tend to be fickle.

There may be some people who now blame the Moral Representatives, who ignored the plight of all of those workers in favor of political gain.

There also, may be some people who were surprised by the "immoral" Leader being the one that ended the plight of the Federal Workers. (even though he took credit for the shut down)

Plus, add to all of the above... If, Trump's end results, which has yet to happen alters their perception of him even more may change their minds.

Polls need to be repeated from time to time and the results change. Could that be due at least partially to the idea that people tend to be fickle and change their minds based on current circumstances that positively or negatively alter their everyday lives.

imo Roseann:)

So we negotiate with terrorists now?

What trump pulled skirts the edges of terrorism.

The use of force, both physical and political against civilians to coerce them to give the terrorists what they want.

Give me what I want or I will hurt you or those you care about.

There is a difference in intensity from a suicide bomber, but its the same thing morally.

Everybody who has a loved one taken by terrorists wants us to negotiate with them. But if we do, we guarantee that they will take more hostages.

Because it worked.

Ao I do not find it moral to give in to terrorists.

Because it encourages and empowers them.

We don't even let kids get away with what trump pulled. Think about that.

Back
Top Bottom