• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Today, let's remember the soldiers and veterans affected by gun violence

LuddlyNeddite

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Let us remember the negative effects that widespread gun ownership has on the brave men and women of our armed forces.

Nearly a hundred soldiers have died in mass shootings over the last decade. This includes the troops at Fort Hood in 2009 and 2014, the sailors and marines at the Washington Navy Yard, and the members of the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets. All of these mass shootings were carried out with legally bought firearms.

Also, hundreds of veterans suffering from PTSD, depression, or homelessness kill themselves every year. Most of the time, this is done with a privately owned firearm. If access to firearms were heavily restricted, many of America's heroes would not be able to kill themselves, and might be reached in time to get them the help they need.

As a combat veteran myself, I am strongly opposed to private gun ownership, because of the harm it has done to my Battle Buddies and fellow veterans. I hope you understand that the "right to bear arms" has resulted in the deaths of thousands of brave men and women who fought for your rights.

Let us remember the negative effects that widespread gun ownership has on the brave men and women of our armed forces.

Nearly a hundred soldiers have died in mass shootings over the last decade. This includes the troops at Fort Hood in 2009 and 2014, the sailors and marines at the Washington Navy Yard, and the members of the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets. All of these mass shootings were carried out with legally bought firearms.

Also, hundreds of veterans suffering from PTSD, depression, or homelessness kill themselves every year. Most of the time, this is done with a privately owned firearm. If access to firearms were heavily restricted, many of America's heroes would not be able to kill themselves, and might be reached in time to get them the help they need.

As a combat veteran myself, I am strongly opposed to private gun ownership, because of the harm it has done to my Battle Buddies and fellow veterans. I hope you understand that the "right to bear arms" has resulted in the deaths of thousands of brave men and women who fought for your rights.

you're a combat veteran? and I dunk over LeBron

every combat veteran I know or have known including my grandfather (DSC, Purple Heart), , my uncle, and my nephew (First Special Forces Group, Ft Lewis) are strong supporters of the right to keep and bear arms

This bait thread needs to "tidy bowled"

you're a combat veteran? and I dunk over LeBron

every combat veteran I know or have known including my grandfather (DSC, Purple Heart), , my uncle, and my nephew (First Special Forces Group, Ft Lewis) are strong supporters of the right to keep and bear arms

This bait thread needs to "tidy bowled"
This kind of thing is beyond low. Using a day like Memorial day which should only be for remembering and honoring fallen soldiers to shill for gun control is just crass and base. Then again, there is no shame in the grave dancing game.

This kind of thing is beyond low. Using a day like Memorial day which should only be for remembering and honoring fallen soldiers to shill for gun control is just crass and base. Then again, there is no shame in the grave dancing game.

what is abhorrent are the anti gun nuts who want to strip the second amendment rights of millions of vets based on claims that they may be "mentally incompetent" due to what happened to them risking their lives for us

what is abhorrent are the anti gun nuts who want to strip the second amendment rights of millions of vets based on claims that they may be "mentally incompetent" due to what happened to them risking their lives for us
The most extreme will find any excuse to try and loophole the rights of others, they are most vocal about gun rights but listen long enough and they attack everything else too, like speech, association, defense, and even the right of self-determination.

No. What is beyond low is when some NRA guy takes a picture of himself with his AR 15, and an American flag, even though he doesn't have the balls to actually serve his country in uniform, and by trying to make himself look "manly" he insults the real men in our Armed Forces. Same with the female gun nuts as well.

No. What is beyond low is when some NRA guy takes a picture of himself with his AR 15, and an American flag, even though he doesn't have the balls to actually serve his country in uniform, and by trying to make himself look "manly" he insults the real men in our Armed Forces. Same with the female gun nuts as well.
So much failure in this one response, so little time.

whats the insult???ill glady do it and i did serve, in active army and continue to serve after as national guard.

None of these brave soldiers you want to honor on Memorial Day were able to defend themselves--you forgot that part.
They were defenseless due to being prevented to CC or OC--remember?

Your shameless use of our Veterans and dead soldiers on this Memorial Day
does far more harm to the cause you are advocating than any good it could possibly do.

Not to mention the tragedy of PTSD which you again try to politicize.
I won't waste my time even trying to explain to you everything I know of PTSD which I experienced with my own Father for at least 38 years .

Last edited:

all military posts are gun free zones fyi.

it is illegal to have any fireaem unless in vehicle registered through the mp station directly to a firing range,after which it must be returned to that unts armory.soldiers do not walk around with guns on any post,and the ones that do are on training with no ammo as the ammo has to be shipped directly to the range and fully accounted for.

basically if you see a soldier with a locked and loaded weapon on base,he is either on official detail like guard duty,or the shtf just happened.as far as legally purchased weapons,they are illegal on post except direct transport to a firing range or off post.so using them otherwise was already fully illegal,hence no legal use of firearms there.

None of these brave soldiers you want to honor on Memorial Day were able to defend themselves--you forgot that part.
They were defenseless due to being prevented to CC or OC--remember?

Your shameless use of our Veterans and dead soldiers on this Memorial Day
does far more harm to the cause you are advocating than any good it could possibly do.

Not to mention the tragedy of PTSD which you again try to politicize.
I won't waste my time even trying to explain to you everything I know of PTSD which I experienced with my own Father for at least 38 years .

There were armed MP's at each of the mass shootings. Fat lot of good they did, huh?

paintmyhouse said:
Gun nuts who hold pictures of them holding Ar 15's in front of an American flag, claiming to be defending your rights, when they would probably **** themselves if ordered to actually fight for their country. They are losers and pathetic pieces of crap

http://www.debatepolitics.com/archives/222076-message-army-veteran-nra-w-45-62-a.html

If you are going to keep creating sock accounts just changing you IP address isn't enough. You have to change your style of posting as well. Anyone with two braincells to rub together can look at your posts and tell you are the same person as the banned paintmyhouse. I look forward to seeing you in your next incarnation dip****.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/archives/222076-message-army-veteran-nra-w-45-62-a.html

If you are going to keep creating sock accounts just changing you IP address isn't enough. You have to change your style of posting as well. Anyone with two braincells to rub together can look at your posts and tell you are the same person as the banned paintmyhouse. I look forward to seeing you in your next incarnation dip****.

Insulting a combat veteran on memorial day.

You gun nuts really have no scruples.

We already established under you last username that you know nothing about the military. Countdown to the banning of this one. :)

you should follow your own advice

and it appears you just got "hosed"

We already established under you last username that you know nothing about the military. Countdown to the banning of this one. :)

come to think of it-Paintmyhouse was charged with being a sock on the same board that Luddly also posts on

very interesting. Very interesting in deed. a hat tip to you oh great smeller out of sockery!

Obvious case of stolen valor is obvious.

Insulting what Veterans fight for on Memorial Day, you truly have no idea what they swore to uphold. Shame on you for pretending to be a veteran on such a day.

Paintmyhouse also brayed about the military killing gun owners. I think BB is correct

spotted this troll after their 3rd thread

just look at the history of threads started

didnt even realized theyd already been banned under a different incarnation

an unsophisticated troll at that

To be fair, it was a particularly smelly pair of socks. :)

true, I went back to some of the banned PantymyHose archived threads and his posts are pretty much the same stuff LN has posted here

Who the hell is the painting dude you are telling about?

And should it be any surprise that if he too is a veteran, that two veterans think alike?

And what do you gun nuts have to say to the families of those soldiers who shot themselves, or who were gunned down by a madman with an AR 15?

I'm wondering how it is that there are about 30 countries with higher per capita suicide rates and lower gun ownership rates if your statement had any truth in it. Oh yea, it's because it doesn't. It doesn't take a firearm to commit suicide. It might make it easier, but we're still way behind a lot of countries with virtually no firearm ownership. It has nothing to do with it.

And those hundred soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines might be alive if they were allowed to carry on base. Apparently a 17 year old can be trusted to carry an M249, drive a tank, or man a minigun on a helicopter, but the intricacies of a 9mm are just too much for him.

Moderator's Warning:
Well for all you guys who knew he was a sock...

Fricken' TELL US FIRST next time!

Back
Top Bottom