• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Today is Trans Visibility Day

Do you personally know anyone who is openly trans?

• Total voters

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Today, March 31, is Trans Visibility Day.

Do you personally know anyone who is openly trans? Just following them on social media or otherwise connecting online doesn't count. You need to have met them in person to count.

I do not know anyone transgender. I am a Boomer, and not sure how many trans seniors there are.

Curious, when you say "to count" ? Is there some sort of prize involved?

Today, March 31st, people are starving, being trafficked, are subject to a Russian invasion, are being bombed, raped, held against their will...

Today, March 31st, people are starving, being trafficked, are subject to a Russian invasion, are being bombed, raped, held against their will...
That happens everyday all over the world, not exactly news.

Yes, and persecuted for being trans. Sorry to call out your failed attempt at trans erasure. :)

I know multiple trans people.

Surprisingly I can only think of a few. One of whom is young and already knew it was time to make a switch.

That happens everyday all over the world, not exactly news.
So are transgender's pleas to be important? Food vs identity? Being trafficked vs identity?Being raped vs identity? Feelings vs food, water and shelter.

Who pays for the switch?

Yes, and persecuted for being trans. Sorry to call out your failed attempt at trans erasure. :)
People are being persecuted every day without having a day or a social media hero.

People are being persecuted every day without having a day or a social media hero.

It's clear that you don't understand the need for Trans Visibility Day. Feel free to read the link supplied in the second post. ;)

Today, March 31, is Trans Visibility Day.

Do you personally know anyone who is openly trans? Just following them on social media or otherwise connecting online doesn't count. You need to have met them in person to count.

Why not? With technology these days, you can personally connect to people from literally anywhere in the world. You can have a tighter relationship with a person 10,000 miles away than the person in the cubicle next to you everyday.

Only today?
People are suffering every day, but not all make the headlines.Who cares about some dumb hick in WVA or some trailer trash in TN? They aren't fodder for some heart felt 'look at me' moment. Hypocrites are very selective in their victim choosing.

It's clear that you don't understand the need for Trans Visibility Day. Feel free to read the link supplied in the second post. ;)
I don't understand selective compassion.

Surprisingly I can only think of a few. One of whom is young and already knew it was time to make a switch.
PM?

I don't understand selective compassion.
What does selective compassion have to do with a person being trans? Is selective compassion a religious idea?

Who pays for the switch?
What do you means" who pays for the switch? It is approved medical care that is now often covered by medical insurance> Why shouldn't it be?

BTW, Its not called a switch. It is called transition.

People are suffering every day, but not all make the headlines.Who cares about some dumb hick in WVA or some trailer trash in TN? They aren't fodder for some heart felt 'look at me' moment. Hypocrites are very selective in their victim choosing.
Are you saying that trans people are hicks in West Va or trailer trash Tennessee?

....... you and the crucifix that you rode in on.

Last edited:
What in the world.....?

Of all the problems in this country that need solving, this is what democrats want to focus on.

And that, on the last day of Women's History Month; which doesn't involve trans-anyone.

"Sit down, ladies; it's the trans-women's turn to speak".

It depends on what is meant by "know". I am acquainted with several transgender people who work at local shops and businesses and I talk to them in the course of doing my shopping/business. I don't invite them for coffee or lunch to delve into who they really are or how they see the world. But then I don't do that with their heterosexual or gay colleagues either. One former colleague of mine was a trans-woman, but they were so high-strung and self-centred that they were not a close friend nor a very good teacher. Several of my former students became transgender people after they left high school but I only expected two of them to be gay, non-binary or queer. It never occurred to me that they would transition to transgender people.

So I clicked yes because acquaintance seemed close enough to"know" given the OP's description in post #1.

About 1/2 percent of the general population. An insignificant number
Bro that means millions of people are trans in the US alone.

Back
Top Bottom