• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Today is Trans Visibility Day

Do you personally know anyone who is openly trans?

• Total voters
Today, March 31, is Trans Visibility Day.

Do you personally know anyone who is openly trans? Just following them on social media or otherwise connecting online doesn't count. You need to have met them in person to count.
Hum. Ive met one in person who i am still good friends with but im a bit of a shut in so….

I...we...

....should we not have ANY day for ANYTHING because there are other more serious problems? Can we not draw attention to ANY issue until we have solved every more serious issue? Every time you draw attention to anything should I just reply with a link citing how many children die from hunger each year?

I am really failing to see how focusing on trans issues FOR ONE DAY detracts from solving any other issue.
Yeah that happens on twitter often especially from LGB alliance types.

Just saw this thread. There seems to be a lot of derailing going on here. I refuse to be derailed from the OP's intent. I have met several, but the first one that I have spent considerable time with, was a young co-worker with whom I work transitioning from female to male with non binary 'they /them pronoun choice. I am 60 years old and have lived in small towns, so this far from a natural situation for me.

Frankly I was uncomfortable with my own reaction to the situation so I decided it was past time I learned more about this topic of gender dysphoria. I can thank some You-tube trans channelers for helping me out with an unfortunate empathy deficit. There is no crime in being ignorant. The crime is pretending one's ignorance is righteous or profound.

If you just don't get the big deal here, its probably time check the attitude and change your sources of information.
Hey at least you had personal time. I had to figure this out like it seemed to come out of nowhere at first to me.

In the fandom I am in there is a lot of visibility for trans people because we are pretty open and give them an opportunity to be themselves.

Shouldn't there be a CHRISTIAN APPRECIATION DAY? There are quite a few of us. Are Christians belittled, called Bible Thumpers and worse? Have Christian churches been desiccated? Are Christian views and opinions harshly challenged? Are Christians fearful of speaking out in public places over concerns of reprisals and repercussions? Are Christian values unimportant?
People of other religions, often those that Christians are trying to cancel and strip away our equal religious and secualr rights, also have free speech to criticize your hypocrisy. What exactly have Christians done in the past 50 years to be worthy of secualr recognition by the state, that would likely be a violation of the separation of church and state unless every other religion as well as us godless heathens also get a day of secular recognition by the government. If Atheists get a day of recognition it should be on Christmas.

Last edited:
No thanks. Not interested. Neither am I the one complaining about it.
Gee, I have more regard for people apparently confused with what they are, then you seem to exhibit for people who at least know where they are going.

Gee, I have more regard for people apparently confused with what they are, then you seem to exhibit for people who at least know where they are going.
I have no regard for people who are sanctimoniously arrogant, especially if they think they know gor or think they're God's bff.

Today, March 31, is Trans Visibility Day.

Do you personally know anyone who is openly trans? Just following them on social media or otherwise connecting online doesn't count. You need to have met them in person to count.
I don't personally know any trannys, but there used to be one that hung out down by the bus stop. I think his name was "Betty".

Does that count?

People of other religions, often those that Christians are trying to cancel and strip away our equal religious and secualr rights, also have free speech to criticize your hypocrisy. What exactly have Christians done in the past 50 years to be worthy of secualr recognition by the state, that would likely be a violation of the separation of church and state unless every other religion as well as us godless heathens also get a day of secular recognition by the government. If Atheists get a day of recognition it should be on Christmas.
You do have the day of recognition, and your mascot is Santa Claus. He certainly isn't a "religious" figure and the secular politicians all get the month off.

Today, March 31st, people are starving, being trafficked, are subject to a Russian invasion, are being bombed, raped, held against their will...

Anything can be belittled like that. What we belittle says something about us. When someone says, "we don't need to care bout that because this", we know what they're saying.

You spewed hateful crap and now you'll play victim.

Anything can be belittled like that. What we belittle says something about us. When someone says, "we don't need to care bout that because this", we know what they're saying.

You spewed hateful crap and now you'll play victim.
Lol

You do have the day of recognition, and your mascot is Santa Claus. He certainly isn't a "religious" figure and the secular politicians all get the month off.
St Nicolas was a bishop in Turkey,. He isn't secular.

St Nicolas was a bishop in Turkey,. He isn't secular.
I said Santa Claus and not Saint Nicolas. The atheists corrupt everything. I've known Jews who worked so Christians might be off for Christmas. And I know atheists who pretended to be Christian to get off.

There's lots of days that recognize all sorts of issues and people. On any given day we might find it Pirate Day and Football Day and Irish Immigrant Day. On any given day, we could attack any number of targets. We seek out targets to attack in this regard. It's not like, "oh, no, I gotta deal with this Day". It's "oh, I see that Day and I'm gonna attack it".

I attack Star Wars Day. I'd attack a lot of days if I had time. I might do it in the dumb trite old way, "other things are important too!" I'd probably claim Star Trek is important too. But I do it knowing I'm being an asshole. And if someone was like, "Hey, you're being an asshole!", I'd say, "you're damn right, **** Star Wars and **** Star Wars Day and **** Star Wars people."

If I shit on a Day, people are gonna know it. It's not gonna be "oh, I just care about Trek". I'm not playing innocent. They gonna know they got shit on.

Last edited:
I said Santa Claus and not Saint Nicolas. The atheists corrupt everything. I've known Jews who worked so Christians might be off for Christmas. And I know atheists who pretended to be Christian to get off.
What are you claiming that atheists corrupted?

Atheists had nothing to do with Santa Claus because that is a religious holiday. We don't do that shtick, despite your attempts to make that claim. The modern Christmas celebration is less than 200 years old and dates from Victorian England.

With Christmas coming up, your young children may no doubt be writing (or emailing) their letters to Santa, making wish lists, and getting excited about presents under the tree. You will be telling them to be good for Santa, and maybe even taking them to visit him in person to reveal their Christmas wishes. You will undoubtedly be watching a multitude of Christmas movies with Santa Claus in them, usually featured prominently as the main character, or at least a strong supporting one. It’s a ton of fun.

But, did you know there is a real person behind the Santa Claus of myth and legend? There are other names for Santa Claus, after all, such as St. Nick, Father Christmas, and Chris Cringle. All of these identities are just different names for one very real historical person. Here is the story of the man behind the red suit, jolly laugh, long white beard, and the flying reindeer.

The real Santa Claus was referred to in his time as Nicholas of Myra and Lycia. He was born around 280 A.D. in Patara, which was an area where people of Greek heritage lived; the town is now in modern-day Turkey. His parents are unknown, but it is known they died when Nicholas was relatively young, and also that they must have been wealthy, or at least middle class, as they left him an inheritance.

Last edited:
What are you claiming that atheists corrupted?

Atheists had nothing to do with Santa Claus because that is a religious holiday. We don't do that shtick, despite your attempts to make that claim. The modern Christmas celebration is less than 200 years old and dates from Victorian England.

It is called taking a day set aside to remember the entrance of the MESSIAH into HIS world as a baby. who grew to be a man who would give HIS life to save, and turning that celebration into a holiday of fun and mirth and another day off to drink and party ---- and take the emphasis off CHRIST and place it on the man with the bag... It's also known as hijackings.

It is called taking a day set aside to remember the entrance of the MESSIAH into HIS world as a baby. who grew to be a man who would give HIS life to save, and turning that celebration into a holiday of fun and mirth and another day off to drink and party ---- and take the emphasis off CHRIST and place it on the man with the bag... It's also known as hijackings.
Christian apologetics nonsense. Get back to me when you can construct a rational idea without random capitalization.

Christian apologetics nonsense. Get back to me when you can construct a rational idea without random capitalization.
It's not random at all, or can't you figure that one out either...

It's not random at all, or can't you figure that one out either...
Your religious beliefs are not objective facts. You have yet to prove that your god or Jesus ever actually existed, outside of a plagiarized myth that was written by the Romans. The bible did not exist for 400 year and it was only permitted to be owned by the church elders for another 1000 years after that. Most lay people could not read Latin.

The authorship of the New Testament books have been discovered. For years, the book “The True Authorship of the New Testament” has been out and many persons have been discovering this as well.

Now, we feel that it is time to put this information out on the Net. There has been a few WebPages on the Net telling about how and why the Roman Piso family authored the New Testament. But there had yet to be the information on who wrote each of the New Testament books.

So, here you will find out who wrote what. There is enough information here so that persons can grasp the fact that this is real and that they can research it further as well as find books that will help to explain this in more detail.

Soon, there will be new books out that will enable even the person to do their own research on this and to verify it. Our goal in all of this is to get this out to as many persons as possible and to see more and more persons writing on this subject. Look for books on the subject of: ‘The Piso Theory’, and of ‘The New Classical Scholarship’.

We have determined that the book of Mark was the first of the Gospels to have been written and so we will always list Mark before Matthew.

Last edited:
Shouldn't there be a CHRISTIAN APPRECIATION DAY? There are quite a few of us. Are Christians belittled, called Bible Thumpers and worse? Have Christian churches been desiccated? Are Christian views and opinions harshly challenged? Are Christians fearful of speaking out in public places over concerns of reprisals and repercussions? Are Christian values unimportant?
Speaking as a Christian: we have at least two days out of the year that celebrates the faith to the point that even non-Christians can participate in. Many, not all, even make these two days national holidays! Millions celebrate them as Christians!

Christmas and Easter.

And you are having a hissy fit because there a day to just recognize the existence of trans people in this nation. That’s it. That’s all. And it blows your mind? Seriously?

I wish I could be there when you try to explain your fake victimhood to God.

Speaking as a Christian: we have at least two days out of the year that celebrates the faith to the point that even non-Christians can participate in. Many, not all, even make these two days national holidays! Millions celebrate them as Christians!

Christmas and Easter.

And you are having a hissy fit because there a day to just recognize the existence of trans people in this nation. That’s it. That’s all. And it blows your mind? Seriously?

I wish I could be there when you try to explain your fake victimhood to God.
On November 20th is the annual transgender day of remembrance for trans people who were killed in the past year by people like Nipper because of their religious conservatism or transphobic views. I assume that he is proud of their deaths.

Trans people are a small minority but they have a very high rate of deaths by hate crimes because of religious conservatism and transphobes. I was not previously aware of the exception of Thou Shall Not Kill was possible when the person is of a sexual/gender minority.

Hate Crime Statistics from the FBI show that hate crimes against transgender and gender non-conforming individuals have increased 587% between 2013 and 2019 (Department of Justice, 2013, 2019). Because hate crimes statistics for gender identity have only been collected by the FBI since 2013, much of this change may be due to increased coverage and improved data collection processes over time; however, increases are also seen in data collected by non-law enforcement sources. According to the Human Rights Campaign, a record 44 transgender people were killed in 2020, the highest number since they began tracking transgender murders in 2013 (Human Rights Campaign, 2021)

Back
Top Bottom