• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Today is Trans Visibility Day

Do you personally know anyone who is openly trans?

• Total voters
Are you saying that track people are hicks in West Va or trailer trash Tennessee?

....... you and the crucifix that you rode in on.
PM?

What does selective compassion have to do with a person being trans? Is selective compassion a religious idea?

What do you means" who pays for the switch? It is approved medical care that is now often covered by medical insurance> Why shouldn't it be?

BTW, Its not called a switch. It is called transition.

Are you saying that trans people are hicks in West Va or trailer trash Tennessee?

....... you and the crucifix that you rode in on.
Think about it and you will get it

So are transgender's pleas to be important? Food vs identity? Being trafficked vs identity?Being raped vs identity? Feelings vs food, water and shelter.
You do know we have like, international womens day, mens day, icecream day, mothers day, etc etc etc. Not sure what is especially offensive for you that there is a trans visibility day, especially considering that trans people are trafficked, raped, and killed because of their identity all the time. Even in the US.

You do know we have like, international womens day, mens day, icecream day, mothers day, etc etc etc. Not sure what is especially offensive for you that there is a trans visibility day, especially considering that trans people are trafficked, raped, and killed because of their identity all the time. Even in the US.
Women and children are trafficked as well. Go preach to the traffickers.

Women and children are trafficked as well. Go preach to the traffickers.
I...we...

....should we not have ANY day for ANYTHING because there are other more serious problems? Can we not draw attention to ANY issue until we have solved every more serious issue? Every time you draw attention to anything should I just reply with a link citing how many children die from hunger each year?

I am really failing to see how focusing on trans issues FOR ONE DAY detracts from solving any other issue.

Bro that means millions of people are trans in the US alone.

No, not millions...if the statistic is correct then its about 1.65 million. However, that is also likely too high. Several years ago I read a stat on sexual reassignment surgery - 3K a year. There may be more now, but it would still mean that those who want to do more than take some hormones, maybe a boob job, and dress up are few.

No, not millions...if the statistic is correct then its about 1.65 million. However, that is also likely too high. Several years ago I read a stat on sexual reassignment surgery - 3K a year. There may be more now, but it would still mean that those who want to do more than take some hormones, maybe a boob job, and dress up are few.
My brother in Christ, medical procedures are expensive. Many don't medically transition because they can't afford it. Additionally, many trans people are perfectly happy with their bodies and don't feel the need to have anything done medically.

My brother in Christ, medical procedures are expensive. Many don't medically transition because they can't afford it. Additionally, many trans people are perfectly happy with their bodies and don't feel the need to have anything done medically.

Under Obamacare reform all insurance companies are required to include it in policies.

Under Obamacare reform all insurance companies are required to include it in policies.
Only certain parts of medical transition are covered, and even the parts that are have high out of pocket costs.
Average out-of-pocket costs were high (mean = 2148.31) and significantly higher for bottom surgery patients (b = 4140.30; β = 0.64; 95% confidence interval, 3064.6–5216.0).
Transmasculine patients experience a variety of barriers when seeking gender-affirming surgery. Presurgical requirements, insurance access, and high out-of-pocket costs may hinder access to care for many transmasculine people seeking bottom surgery.

Only certain parts of medical transition are covered, and even the parts that are have high out of pocket costs.

2-4K for out of pocket costs is like buying a really nice big screen TV. Sometime tough choices have to be made...LOL.

2-4K for out of pocket costs is like buying a really nice big screen TV. Sometime tough choices have to be made...LOL.

^ Another example of why trans visibility is needed.

That's just for ONE part of the medical process. Therapy is expensive out of pocket expense, hair removal can cost up to $1,500 a year and has to be done for several years.
So, she was shocked when a hospital representative called her a couple of months before the long-awaited surgery estimating the bill would be $100,000. That meant she would be on the hook for as much as $75,000 after her insurer's $25,000 payout.
had to visit my MD once a month to have my hormone levels checked, and to renew the prescription for my medication. It also costs a whopping $1,500 every year (at least). Once some people complete their gender reassignment surgery, they stop taking this medication, but I'm still on it. I started when I was 16 and am now 25, so that's about $13,500 so far, and I plan to be on HRT for the rest of my life.
This step in the transition is very expensive, and the average cost is upwards of $30,000. In addition to the actual procedure, you also have to pay for travel costs and hotel accommodations if a good physician does not live in your neighborhood.
Board certified surgeons that are qualified to do these procedures will charge anywhere from $25,000 to $60,000 depending on the amount of work you get. Mine cost about $30,000, as I only opted for the procedures that I thought would benefit me the most at the time, which were forehead and jawline contouring.

But like...do you really not believe multiple surgeries, medical treatment that goes on for years, and therapy is expensive? Like, is this news to you? Not just transgender medical treatment but just like in general. Keep in mind the real median person income in the US is $35,000, with many people falling bellow that. If you think a $2,000 TV is a purchase many Americans can make you are incredibly out of touch.

Many people cannot afford GRS surgery. There are many insurance companies that continue to refuse to pay for it, even after the ACA's ban on preexisting conditions, so those people are forced to come up with $50K cash. Keep your nose out of those lives of others, unless we can discuss your medical care and vote on your medical coverage because of our religious beliefs.

Just saw this thread. There seems to be a lot of derailing going on here. I refuse to be derailed from the OP's intent. I have met several, but the first one that I have spent considerable time with, was a young co-worker with whom I work transitioning from female to male with non binary 'they /them pronoun choice. I am 60 years old and have lived in small towns, so this far from a natural situation for me.

Frankly I was uncomfortable with my own reaction to the situation so I decided it was past time I learned more about this topic of gender dysphoria. I can thank some You-tube trans channelers for helping me out with an unfortunate empathy deficit. There is no crime in being ignorant. The crime is pretending one's ignorance is righteous or profound.

If you just don't get the big deal here, its probably time check the attitude and change your sources of information.

Do you have how much insulin costs or cancer treatment( surgery and chemo) costs? Do you also want to buy a big screen instead?

• Diabetes cost the United States $327 billion in 2017, becoming the most expensive chronic disease in the nation.
  • Insulin costs, before accounting for any rebates or discounts, comprise an estimated $48 billion (20 percent) of the direct costs of treating diabetes; after rebates, insulin accounts for 6.3 percent of costs.
  • The average list price of insulin increased 11 percent annually from 2001 to 2018, with average annual per capita insulin costs now nearing $6,000. Because patients’ out-of-pocket costs are typically based on list price, their expenses have risen substantially despite the decrease in net price for many of the most commonly used insulin products over the past several years.

One study looked at costs allowed by insurance companies for breast cancer surgery, chemo, radiation, medications, and certain other medical costs for women ages 18-64. It found costs were higher soon after diagnosis, when surgeries were common. They went down once the approach shifted to chemotherapy.

Specifically:

• For women diagnosed with stage 0 breast cancer (small, localized tumors), these medical costs totaled $48,477, on average, 6 months after diagnosis. The total rose to $71,909 after 2 years.
  • For stages I and II (tumors had not grown deeply into nearby tissues), the range was $61,621-$97,066
  • For stage III (larger tumors that spread to nearby areas), $84,481-$159,442
  • For stage IV (affecting other parts of the body), $89,463-$182,655

My father had brain cancer, underwent 2 major surgeries in 90 days, and died. Even with Blue Cross insurance, we were left with over $250K, in 1982.

Today, March 31, is Trans Visibility Day.

Do you personally know anyone who is openly trans? Just following them on social media or otherwise connecting online doesn't count. You need to have met them in person to count.
We had one when I went through the police academy. Then there were a few inmates I've met while working the prison and then later jail.

Shouldn't there be a CHRISTIAN APPRECIATION DAY? There are quite a few of us. Are Christians belittled, called Bible Thumpers and worse? Have Christian churches been desiccated? Are Christian views and opinions harshly challenged? Are Christians fearful of speaking out in public places over concerns of reprisals and repercussions? Are Christian values unimportant?

Shouldn't there be a CHRISTIAN APPRECIATION DAY? There are quite a few of us. Are Christians belittled, called Bible Thumpers and worse? Have Christian churches been desiccated? Are Christian views and opinions harshly challenged? Are Christians fearful of speaking out in public places over concerns of reprisals and repercussions?
Feel free to petition for a Christian appreciation day rather than whine about it.

Feel free to petition for a Christian appreciation day rather than whine about it.
Why don't you do that? It would seem far less self-servicing. Hug a CHRISTIAN TODAY! You may wish to ask questions of them tomorrow?

Of all the problems in this country that need solving, this is what democrats want to focus on.
Human rights > violating Hunter Biden's privacy

Crazy right?

P.S. it's one of many issues Democrats push to remedy, you know...a party platform that is more than just "What Trump says", or "Dems bad!".

Today, March 31, is Trans Visibility Day.

Do you personally know anyone who is openly trans? Just following them on social media or otherwise connecting online doesn't count. You need to have met them in person to count.
There was one dude that worked at the convenience store I stop at regularly who got himself some boobs. He's since moved on and I can't say I actually know him. Does that count?

Why don't you do that? It would seem far less self-servicing. Hug a CHRISTIAN TODAY! You may wish to ask questions of them tomorrow?
No thanks. Not interested. Neither am I the one complaining about it.

Back
Top Bottom