• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Today is the first day of summer... for us!

ADK_Forever

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
We opened our pool this weekend and today the kids went for their first swim.
We always consider that the beginning of our summer.

What starts your summer?

What starts your summer?

I live in South Central Texas.
My summer starts shortly after Valentine's Day.

the first day over 30 C

but today is the first day of winter, 'cause its the first time it's rained all day

Last edited:

Ditto here. The heat is by far the worst part of living here. I heard on the radio this morning that it's supposed to be in the 90s with a heat index in the 100s for the rest of the week. :(

What starts your summer?

Summer starts when our house gets to 90 degrees during the day (two weeks ago).

Summer will thusly continue in humid-indoor-heat for which there is no reprieve and follow on into August.

Summer is long
Summer sucks.

Years and years of this, though, have altered what I feel "comfortable" at - It use to be 72, now it's 80/85. . . above 85 and I get uncomfortable - it takes 90 degrees for me to be extremely uncomfortable.

When the house hits 95/100 - we live outside where, even though it's blazing hot out there, too, there is shade, sprinklers and the kiddie pool.

Last edited:
1069 said:

hiswoman said:

Ditto here. The heat is by far the worst part of living here. I heard on the radio this morning that it's supposed to be in the 90s with a heat index in the 100s for the rest of the week. :(

Yeah, I live in Louisiana and Texas for almost 5 years. It gets hot and humid in upstate New York but, for only 2 or 3 weeks a year. I never got used to it down there. I couldn't believe construction went on throughout the summer. Whew!

I envy your longer summer. I think the worse you feel about winter the older you're getting. Winter last year seemed like it laster for a whole year! Yuck!

Back
Top Bottom