• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

To what degree do you believe in God?

How likely does it seem to you that God exists?

• God Absolutely Does Exist

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Highly Likely

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Likely

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • More Likely Than Not

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Have No Idea

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • More Unlikely than Likely

• Unlikely

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Highly Unlikely

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • God Absolutely Does Not Exist

• Total voters

Dezaad

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Do you believe in God?

I believe there is a god, or higher power to be sensitive to diverse beliefs. I also believe that this creator gives us different interpretations to test us and see if we live up to his/her divine love. One side note, I am very objective and look at many religious philosophies and scientific theory and see many similarities in message rather than method and believe that there is, in fact, a higher power of some sort(and mutually inclusive). Science, to me, is a basic understanding of what was created, sometimes science is not "biblically correct" but perhaps this is also a test.
Basically, I am open to the idea that maybe atheists and nihilists are right, but it would be a much better end of life if we as believers are correct and there is something more to aspire to, that being an ultimate reward for a life well lived.

I have no idea. I am willing to bet that there is something that created us and then left never to return...I guess that makes me a deist...

Look at your body and you'll know the answer .

If you dont believe in a god, you believe you are a God.
-Tony Hawk

Ah yes the great beacon of wisdom....Tony Hawk.

God. I have no idea. Maybe? But as for worshiping him now, I have no time. Religion has done more harm then good. A safety net for the weak now being used to strangle all who oppose it....I like that. Good analogy. Nice one Lenin...hah.

John Lennon (Lennon..Lenin..hah) said it nicely.

Jesus was all right, but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me

No matter how you refer to God, Allah, Buddah or Jesus and Mohammed, they are all the same supreme life force in this (or any other universe). In a nut-shell, they're all the same guy (figuratively speaking. I do not subscribe to the notion of a "big-dominator-God-is-a-male theory" that is coming back to kick some serious a$$ on satan and his sinners to separate the good from the bad. The free-will HE gave us, is doing a good job of that on its own)!

Last edited:
V.I. Lenin said:
Ah yes the great beacon of wisdom....Tony Hawk.
Ah Lenin, you missed the point entirely!

God. I have no idea.Maybe?
And I MAYBE will post?
But as for worshiping him now, I have no time.
When obstaining from a GOD, replace logical reasoning with excuses.
Religion has done more harm then good.
Try saying that to every religous person you know, and you will get the same response.
A safety net for the weak now being used to strangle all who oppose it....I like that. Good analogy. Nice one Lenin...hah.
When in doubt, praise thyself, though if it weren't for the HELP (safety net) of this website you would not have a point of view. Thus, you are weak also. :mrgreen:

I have no doubt. I absolutly believe. How do you explain kids speaking other languages when they have never learned them. Like an Indian girl speaking in English when she doesn't know the language. Science can't explain that! I hope you know that I am refering to speaking in tongues, the intial physical evidence of the baptism of the holy spirit.

I see no reason to believe in a supreme being. I haven't encountered anything in life to suggest the existence of a god, and blind faith just isn't my thing. But I admit it's possible.

I don't believe in God. Though I do believe in a higher power.

Back
Top Bottom