• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

To those who say "Only the police should have guns".

The more regulatory the states and govts get the more criminals they will create. Being that I still go to CA routinely I'll probably do quite well picking up legal goods in Reno that's can sell in CA legally but can't be mail ordered or retailed.

This ought to wake a few people up. A police officer, his brother, a customs agent, and a third brother are all either arrested or otherwise charged with running high powered rifles to the Phillipines.NYPD officer allegedly smuggling elite sniper rifles to the Philippines | The Libertarian Republic

This nearly puts me asleep it's not in the least bit surprising. I agree with your point though.
Problem being, that these are the exact government agents that gun control advocates say should be the sole carriers of firearms, and these two of the three got popped for gun running, with the third on the run currently.

Problem being, that these are the exact government agents that gun control advocates say should be the sole carriers of firearms, and these two of the three got popped for gun running, with the third on the run currently.

The relationship between us and our government would be even more uneven if they had all the weapons. They already have all the good ones.

The relationship between Americans and their government would be even more uneven if they had all the weapons. They already have all the good ones.
Weapons systems, sure, however military weapons and civilian weapons aren't exactly an outclass system in the government's favor, yes, they have enforcement with full auto, but those firearms are contracted out to the lowest bidder, if you got into service pistols and long distance rifles, most of the civilian stuff is far better an more reliable. In this particular case, there is an extreme abuse of power but it just goes to show that given the opportunity these "trusted individuals" are no better than their counterparts outside of the positions.

What does this have to do with citizen gun ownership, would looser gun restricter have stopped this smuggling ring? I don't think so.
Wait, aren't all officers responsible for the bad actions of these? After all, people who want me disarmed throw bad actors on the citizen end in gun owners' faces, if the "professionals" are this unethical then maybe they aren't the only ones capable of bearing arms.

Wait, aren't all officers responsible for the bad actions of these? After all, people who want me disarmed throw bad actors on the citizen end in gun owners' faces, if the "professionals" are this unethical then maybe they aren't the only ones capable of bearing arms.

You answered my question with another question and something else completely unrelated. Did I say that all citizens bear responsibility for each other's actions? No. I did not. Drop the strawman and actually address my post, thanks.

In virtually every situation in history where the government had weapons and the people did not, tyranny ensues. Restricting weapons possession to our government forces would eventually lead down that very same road.

People claim we are a democracy, when in fact we are an oligarchy. Our vaunted Republic is no better than the old Roman one that existed just prior to the advent of the Caesars. The day our oligarchs convince us we can trust our government enough to willingly disarm will be the day before we find we've placed their yokes firmly about our own shoulders.

Last edited:
What does this have to do with citizen gun ownership, would looser gun restricter have stopped this smuggling ring? I don't think so.

Yeah, kind of like gun control doesn't stop crime.

You answered my question with another question and something else completely unrelated. Did I say that all citizens bear responsibility for each other's actions? No. I did not. Drop the strawman and actually address my post, thanks.

The difference is, he's discussing police officers and others, while you're talking about sniper rifle to the Philippines. The point of the conversation is these LEO are crooks, and can't be fully trusted.

This is less disturbing than Fast and Furious but, the reporting on "how bad these guns are" is over the top.

Were any Beowulf .50?
Not sure what the weapons were because the story was short on technical but you're right, not as bad as Fast & Furious. This is yet another example along with F&F showing that the "trusted government" actors are abusing their positions with reckless abandon, and showing that "the professionals" that should be the "sole gun users" aint so professional after all.

I'm addressing my topic. You are getting away from my point and so I'm bringing you back to it. I couldn't issue a strawman because I haven't assigned you as saying anything, I have explained the entire thread with the response you are complaining about.

Right under Bloomberg's nose.

Right under Bloomberg's nose.
Yep. For a big talker on gun control he sure does have a lot of gun related snafus from the way his department handled "surveillance" of an Arizona gun show(breaking numerous state and federal felonies in the process) to not even having control of rogue gun runners in said department.

Back
Top Bottom