• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

To Those Who Don't Live In The USA, Stop Criticizing Our Gun Rights

DebateChallenge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
There have been a bunch of people who've posted on here who are from countries other than the USA and they like to criticize the USA for having gun rights and they talk about how their country is so much safer since its got much stricter gun laws and much less gun deaths than the USA. Well here is what I have to say to all such people, you can stay in your country and be happy and stop criticizing my country and the fact that there's more in the way of gun rights in my country. Since you don't live here, since you're not an American citizen, how things are done in this country is none of your concern and none of your business. I don't criticize how your country is run, even though I might not agree with how some other countries are run, such as the UK or Japan, that doesn't bother me since they're doing it over there not over here. How you run your country is your business. How the USA is run is not your business and not your call.

There have been a bunch of people who've posted on here who are from countries other than the USA and they like to criticize the USA for having gun rights and they talk about how their country is so much safer since its got much stricter gun laws and much less gun deaths than the USA. Well here is what I have to say to all such people, you can stay in your country and be happy and stop criticizing my country and the fact that there's more in the way of gun rights in my country. Since you don't live here, since you're not an American citizen, how things are done in this country is none of your concern and none of your business. I don't criticize how your country is run, even though I might not agree with how some other countries are run, such as the UK or Japan, that doesn't bother me since they're doing it over there not over here. How you run your country is your business. How the USA is run is not your business and not your call.

Stop gatekeeping. People can criticize whatever they want to criticize.

Yeah, I'm sure you have followed your own advice and NEVER criticized a foreign country or THEIR choices and laws right? :lamo

how do you feel about Iran, China, Cuba and the UK?

To all our DP friends regardless of where you are, please ignore the above quoted post and continue to engage us in discussion and debate. Thank you in advance!

Yeah, I'm sure you have followed your own advice and NEVER criticized a foreign country or THEIR choices and laws right? :lamo

Nope I haven't. Since their laws apply there and not here it is not my concern.

This internet thingy is likely to throw ideas at you you don't like.

Get you called a snowflake and things.

Why, Americans certainly like to criticize every other country in the world and tell them how to live their lives, often by force, threat of force, or economic sanctions.

All this country does is stick its nose in other people's business

how do you feel about Iran, China, Cuba and the UK?

I've been to the UK, its a fun place to visit. Never been to Iran, China or Cuba although I want to visit China. I wouldn't want to go to war torn Iran although Cuba might be nice to visit depending on where you go in Cuba.

To all our DP friends regardless of where you are, please ignore the above quoted post and continue to engage us in discussion and debate. Thank you in advance!

To everybody, please ignore what's quoted above and please ignore post #5.

Why, Americans certainly like to criticize every other country in the world and tell them how to live their lives, often by force, threat of force, or economic sanctions.

And I don't agree with that.

And I don't agree with that.

OK, so you don't like facts, fine. We see this forum all the time complain about russia, china, iran, afghanistan, venezuela, europe, you name it, americans criticize

What state do you live in? I want to make sure you don't comment on my state since you don't live there and apparently it's somehow bad for someone to have an opinion on a policy if they don't live there. :roll:

What state do you live in? I want to make sure you don't comment on my state since you don't live there and apparently it's somehow bad for someone to have an opinion on a policy if they don't live there. :roll:

I always hate these types of "if you are not this, you can't comment on this". it's so stupid. That would mean none of us should post here. I'm not a politician so I guess I can't talk about politics. i'm not a MD so I can't talk about medicine. And on and on and on

Pennsylvania

Aesop's fox syndrome

yeah, we had no business trying to stop the Nazis from overrunning England or the Japanese raping Nanking and trying to wipe out Australia

OK, so you don't like facts, fine. We see this forum all the time complain about russia, china, iran, afghanistan, venezuela, europe, you name it, americans criticize

Whatever. The fact of the matter is that for people who don't live in the USA, whether or not we have gun rights in the USA is not their call.

while I don't agree with his main point, I do note that I would bet there are far more foreigners who whine about our gun rights than there are Americans on say English or Australian boards lampooning the anti gun idiocy of those two nations.

yeah, we had no business trying to stop the Nazis from overrunning England or the Japanese raping Nanking and trying to wipe out Australia

What did the US do to stop the bolded?

I live in what's largely characterized as fly over country, although it's hardly Montana. You can say what you like about it, as long as you just keep on flying. And I have to say that you look simply marvelous up there, flying on over, too.

I disagree. Foreigners on this forum are entitled to their opinions concerning anything as far as I'm concerned. Of course they should be prepared to defend their own countries and their issues as well.

To everybody, please ignore what's quoted above and please ignore post #5.

There is no rule here at DP preventing those outside the nation talking about the 2nd Amendment. Get over it... they can comment about it, criticize it, support it, debate it, etc.

you ever hear of the Flying Tigers-

Need to check your history!

AVG:The 1st American Volunteer Group were recruited starting on 15 April 1941, when an unpublished executive order was signed by President Roosevelt.-Wikipedia

Rape of Nanking:”The massacre occurred over a period of six weeks starting on December 13, 1937, the day that the Japanese captured Nanjing. During this period, soldiers of the Imperial Japanese Army murdered Chinese civilians and disarmed combatants who numbered an estimated 40,000 to over 300,000, and perpetrated widespread rape and looting.”-Wikepedia

Back
Top Bottom