• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

To those who date women --- do you feel deceived by her makeup?

Photoshop.

Definitely some kind of graphic assistance, lol. Yes, makeup can work wonders, but it can't erase boil-like lesions (pic 1), or create an entirely restructured and resituated nose (pic 4). The rest of the makeup enhancements are dramatic, but look realistic.

Do you see makeup on women to be a form of deception? I had a friend on FB post that question and ask for opinions. I thought it was an interesting question to ponder. What do you all think? Here are some befores/afters of women with and without makeup.

View attachment 67205259

View attachment 67205260

View attachment 67205261

View attachment 67205262

View attachment 67205263

Those gals are using a lot of makeup and I don't usually go for that type of woman anyhow. (That use a lot of makeup. Generally the ghetto types plaster it on.) I prefer women that don't use much if any as they tend to be far more comfortable with themselves. If find the "War Paint" to be a bit of a turn off especially if used in quantity.

If I were to guess the profession of these particular women I would guess they are in some sort of high visibility job like actor model or something similar. They have the makeup for their job. That's a different can of worms.

I've never seen it as deception or anything.

Only one girl I dated though... Just used waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much, caked it on eh.

She would hug me, leave residue all over my shirt.

I dated one who loved the body glitter and she wasn't a stripper. That stripper dust gets EVERYWHERE.

Not at all. I'd just ask them to do my makeup. :lol:

Also, very progressive thread title. Makes me proud! lol

Every time I ask a girl to do my makeup, she does a pretty poor job. To each, his or her own. I like girls who wear makeup as an accessory and not a facade.

I think the photos above look kind of photoshopped. The tone of blonde girl's hair color changes from left to right, and the other two women have significantly less wrinkles. I don't think makeup and cover wrinkles like that, or am I wrong???

I find myself surprised at what a skilled makeup artist can do. They can work miracles. Its definitely a skill and a art.

No I dont mind at all so long as we are keeping the relationship light or we are on a ****buddy basis. However, if we were to contemplate getting serious then the woman has a duty to disclose, on much the same level she would if she was $100,000 in debt.

If I was not told early and by her I would leave when I learned, because this is not a broad that I can trust.

There is a certain amnesty period at the front end.

Last edited:
I've found that some (maybe a lot?) of men don't even know a girl is wearing makeup. I've had guys tell me I look great without makeup..... but they'd never seen me without it. Haha.

You probably wear only a little bit and strategically applied. That would be my bet.

Do you see makeup on women to be a form of deception? I had a friend on FB post that question and ask for opinions. I thought it was an interesting question to ponder. What do you all think? Here are some befores/afters of women with and without makeup.

View attachment 67205259

View attachment 67205260

View attachment 67205261

View attachment 67205262

View attachment 67205263

Prefer rather minimal or no makeup.

Enhancing is one thing... totally changing your look that dramatically (as depicted above) is perhaps a bit deceptive yes.

Here is one of the oddest people you'll ever "meet". She usually goes naked face for her youtube videos, but she also loves wearing makeup sometimes:

View attachment 67205259

View attachment 67205260

View attachment 67205261

View attachment 67205262

View attachment 67205263

No . . . because normal women who put on their own makeup are NOT that extreme with it, most of the time.

What you've posted, here, is pro-makeup where higher tech makeup foundations and bases are applied by an experienced artist. I wish it was that simple to make yourself look decent, but it's NOT.

I'll also point out that since those are pro-jobs, some have also had some photoshop done to smooth out further imperfections. The bottom two images are reflective of this because her EARS are also perfect. No one puts makeup on their EARS.

No . . . because normal women who put on their own makeup are NOT that extreme with it, most of the time.

What you've posted, here, is pro-makeup where higher tech makeup foundations and bases are applied by an experienced artist. I wish it was that simple to make yourself look decent, but it's NOT.

I'll also point out that since those are pro-jobs, some have also had some photoshop done to smooth out further imperfections. The bottom two images are reflective of this because her EARS are also perfect. No one puts makeup on their EARS.

I don't think it takes a professional to do this --- just lots of practice and good products.

I've seen regular ole non-professional people put makeup on their ears if they are going to put their hair back.

I don't think it takes a professional to do this --- just lots of practice and good products.

I've seen regular ole non-professional people put makeup on their ears if they are going to put their hair back.

Makeup cannot make earing holes go away. Obviously photoshopped - it has that photo-perfect blend to it (I do cover art all the time, I know what's what).

Makeup cannot make earing holes go away. Obviously photoshopped - it has that photo-perfect blend to it (I do cover art all the time, I know what's what).

I agree that makeup doesn't make earring holes go away.... whose earring holes went away?

People balk at this but you bring up an interesting question. Everybody tries to "sell themselves up" to some extent. To make themselves more appealing to a potential partner. And not just physical appearance; trying to be funny or to sound intelligent or interesting serve the same kind of purpose. The question is where do these behaviors start becoming unethical.

I'm sure most people would agree that pretending to be a different person altogether would cross the line. A twin who impersonates his brother in order to sleep with his brother's new girlfriend, for example. Or a con-man who invents aggrandizing lies about his past.

I would characterize the ethical line as something like this. It's deceptive for a person to hide something about him/herself from a potential partner if it's reasonable to expect that it would be a dealbreaker if the partner found out. With this in mind a woman wearing makeup would be ok. The reasoning being that since it's commonplace in our culture for women to wear makeup it's reasonable to expect that men who are out at a bar or whatever are aware that the women are wearing makeup (ie if a man agrees to hook up with a woman he meets out at a bar clearly he doesn't consider the likely fact that she's wearing makeup to be a dealbreaker.)

People balk at this but you bring up an interesting question. Everybody tries to "sell themselves up" to some extent. To make themselves more appealing to a potential partner. And not just physical appearance; trying to be funny or to sound intelligent or interesting serve the same kind of purpose. The question is where do these behaviors start becoming unethical.

I'm sure most people would agree that pretending to be a different person altogether would cross the line. A twin who impersonates his brother in order to sleep with his brother's new girlfriend, for example. Or a con-man who invents aggrandizing lies about his past.

I would characterize the ethical line as something like this. It's deceptive for a person to hide something about him/herself from a potential partner if it's reasonable to expect that it would be a dealbreaker if the partner found out. With this in mind a woman wearing makeup would be ok. The reasoning being that since it's commonplace in our culture for women to wear makeup it's reasonable to expect that men who are out at a bar or whatever are aware that the women are wearing makeup (ie if a man agrees to hook up with a woman he meets out at a bar clearly he doesn't consider the likely fact that she's wearing makeup to be a dealbreaker.)

Does this change if she puts an ad on Craigslist, shows heavy paint and she says "THis is ME:kissy:!"?

What if she shows you a Meitu creation and says just that??

Last edited:
Does this change if she puts an ad on Craigslist, shows heavy paint and she says "THis is ME:kissy:!"?

Anyone searching on craigslist has no dealbreakers. :)

Anyone searching on craigslist has no dealbreakers. :)

I ask because I was recently reading a longish piece on the Meitu craze in China, the journalist made the assertion that such so often compete doctoring of self pics does not go over in America, where it is said that the pics are expected to be "real"...no digital editing, but apparently industrial grade face paint is fine. The Chinese girls have no idea why anyone would want to use an unfinished pic.

IDK, with all the doctored photos in ads and in the celeb mags I kinda wonder about us being pure about truth in pictures. Now even celeb mags have this really disgusting habit of putting up several pages of intentionally uglified celebs, some so ugly this pics have to be digitally altered.

I kinda thing we are mostly fine with fake pics, we have so many of them and all, but maybe sometimes we are not.

Last edited:

View attachment 67205259

View attachment 67205260

View attachment 67205261

View attachment 67205262

View attachment 67205263

A girlfriend showed me the tricks once upon a time. Since then closeup deception is less easy. But I much prefer women not to be made up. It is somehow a turnoff.

Craigslist?? Do people really do that?

Yes. Using make-up in such a way deceives people.

Here is one of the oddest people you'll ever "meet". She usually goes naked face for her youtube videos, but she also loves wearing makeup sometimes:

Okay, this girl is a hoot! :lol:

I want her to do my makeup, now. hahaha

Okay, this girl is a hoot! :lol:

I want her to do my makeup, now. hahaha

Her claim to fame are her videos called "Does This Thing Really Work?" where she takes As Seen on TV stuff and tries them out for you. She's hilarious and over-the-top about everything.

A little make up is fine. Bondo? Nope. If you need a belt sander to shape things up, you've probably gone a little too far.

View attachment 67205259

View attachment 67205260

View attachment 67205261

View attachment 67205262

View attachment 67205263

Eh. Not really. We all "clean up" at least a little bit before presenting ourselves in public. We do so both with regards to our looks and our personalities. What's "dishonest" are people who basically try to remake themselves as an entirely different person - posting profile pictures to dating websites that are either several years old, or clearly doctored, and therefore don't give an accurate perception of what the person behind them actually looks like, for example.

All of that being said, however... Speaking personally, if the discrepancy in a woman's attractiveness with vs without makeup were as extreme as some of the women pictured above, I kind of doubt the relationship could last.

Hate to be shallow and/or crass here, but it'd feel too much like playing sexual arousal "peak-a-boo."

"You're so hot!"

"No, you're not!"

I actually ran into this a little bit with this one girl I was seeing. She posted really good pictures over text, on FB, or any other social media site, and she could clean up nice when she wanted to. Any other time, however, she clearly just wasn't my type. It was more than a bit confusing to say the least.

i.e.

"Why wasn't I sure about her? She looks great."

Later...

"Oh... Yeah. Now I remember."

Being a guy kind of sucks sometimes.

squirrel.jpg

lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom