• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

To the pro-choice community; when isn't abortion okay?

ashley.hunt60

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Obviously, abortion is acceptable after conception, and presumably a while after. However, many pro-choicers are against late term abortion. So, where do you draw the line? And for the pro-life community; I respect your opinions, but please keep in mind this question isn't directed at you.

And this is my first post here. Hopefully not the last.

I feel very strongly that anyone should have the right to remove anything they please from their body, at any time. That being said, I don't see why we can't do that and still save the fetus if it is possible. So I'd say regular abortion is fine up until 21-22 weeks, then go with c section/induced labor on request and do our best to help the baby survive after delivery.

I feel very strongly that anyone should have the right to remove anything they please from their body, at any time.

...because it's their property?

I believe that elective abortion is okay up to the point of fetal viability, so around 22-26 weeks. In order to leave a bit of a window for safety, I'd be perfectly comfortable putting the cutoff at 20 weeks.

first trimester any reason, afterwards only for medical reasons

I believe that elective abortion is okay up to the point of fetal viability, so around 22-26 weeks. In order to leave a bit of a window for safety, I'd be perfectly comfortable putting the cutoff at 20 weeks.

A reasoned and reasonable response, I agree 100%.

I support elective abortions through the 87th trimester.

Back
Top Bottom