• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

To the Judge Who Deludes That He Decides Who Does or Does Not Get to Attend WH Press Briefings

He threw out a JACKASS. Acosta made the scene, when he refused to relinquish the mike for the next person, because it's ALWAYS "all about him".

What an asshole.

Acosta is back in the White House....Your slobbering protests have Failed

Whatever. Looked fine to me, announcing the felon 2nd chance bill, giving out Medals of Freedom, etc.

AN UNELECTED JUDGE, does not get to tell the SITTING POTUS, who gets to go to press briefings in the President's home.

Sorry...we know the left relies on UNELECTED BUREAUCRATS for its agenda...but NO.

c3b2c838a5a84204a3498d647dc6447b.jpg

10b7uy.jpg

For now:

“I want to emphasize the very limited nature of this ruling,” he said, saying that it was not meant to enshrine journalists’ right to access. “I have not determined that the First Amendment was violated here.”

The legal battle is expected to continue: Judge Kelly ruled only on the network’s emergency request for a temporary restoration of Mr. Acosta’s credentials. Hearings on other issues in the case are expected to resume next week.

“This could backfire,” said William L. Youmans, a professor of media law at George Washington University. Mr. Acosta “gets his credential now, but it empowers the Trump administration to come up with conduct-based criteria.”

“A ‘rudeness’ or ‘aggressive behavior’ policy would have a huge chilling effect, and would be much more damaging to the whole system,” Dr. Youmans added. “If it lowers the bar for pulling credentials, it’s a recipe for a more tepid press.”

In arguing for the return of Mr. Acosta’s credentials, CNN cited a case from the 1970s that required the White House to demonstrate a clear process, and right of appeal, before revoking a reporter’s credentials.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's see where it goes...I'll bet Acosta shuts TF up...

Let me put it this way:

View attachment 67244435

And a JUDGE < the POTUS...by FAR.

Poor huckaberries. They have so little intelligence.

Someone needs to tell fat Mike a court of law is not a news conference and there would be no situation in which the defendant would have initiated a Q&A session with the Judge.

dumb fat mike

Last edited:
I think we all understand the MSM absolutely believes it is the near singular task now to declare that President Trump is so despicable that he must be eliminated one way or another - ideally impeached, removed from office, convicted and imprisoned. For that goal they search for any claim to make - true or not - and every possible accusations, attacks and insults to accomplish that primary goal of the super rich owned corporate media and press outlets.

The Devil does not need to be proven to be the Devil, he just is. As such, any one that believes in God needs to fight him by any means possible.

The Devil does not need to be proven to be the Devil, he just is. As such, any one that believes in God needs to fight him by any means possible.

Same **** The Inquisition was spewing...falsehoods in the Name of God....

What does being an American mean?

It means living in a democratic society, most importantly. What it meant to your namesake, and what the OP had questioned. Since you raise it, however, I suppose the question becomes what does it mean to you?

It means living in a democratic society, most importantly. What it meant to your namesake, and what the OP had questioned. Since you raise it, however, I suppose the question becomes what does it mean to you?

If we don't live actually in a democratic society, does that mean we are not Americans?

To me, I rather like Mark Twain's spin on it, at least as far as 'patriotism' goes. Patriotism means supporting your country all the time, but its government only when it deserves it.

I could wax romantic about how being American means living under constitutional governance and the rule of law, but then I have to come back down to earth and realize that our elected officials have taken overt actions to trash the US Constitution. Wake up Henry, and smell the napalm. :roll:

If we don't live actually in a democratic society, does that mean we are not Americans?

To me, I rather like Mark Twain's spin on it, at least as far as 'patriotism' goes. Patriotism means supporting your country all the time, but its government only when it deserves it.

I could wax romantic about how being American means living under constitutional governance and the rule of law, but then I have to come back down to earth and realize that our elected officials have taken overt actions to trash the US Constitution. Wake up Henry, and smell the napalm. :roll:

We do live in a democratic society, but yes, of course, it would be ruinious to the meaning of America if that ceased to be true.

What you're basically arguing is that the President should have the power to block out all press or specifically punish press that ask him critical questions he doesn't like. If Obama had been attacking Fox and other right wing journalists specifically, you'd be throwing a hissy fit.

Whether you like it or not, the press has an important role to play in our democracy and Donald doesn't have a right or the power to silence him. Constitutionality: not for everyone apparently.

And proper decorum starts with Trump.

picking Acosta doesn't change the equation he picked
him because he wanted to pick a fight , create a big scene , make Acosta look bad Trump up some phony excuses. He's made it very clear he sees CNN as the enemy and Acosta is CNN this is a battle, a war. Trump has picked a fight with press, he's the source of all this chaos. He's trying to intimidate the Press so others won't be as aggressive. this is how Trump is this is how he plays he's dealt people this way and in business , all his life intimidation is who Trump is.

You can think that if you want. There might even be some truth to it. Trump was visibly annoyed with Acosta, based on his past behavior. However, that doesn't change the fact that Acosta behaved inappropriately. Had Acosta asked his question, and follow-ups, and given up the mike when told his turn was over four+ times and someone else was called on, or not held onto the mike and stiff-armed the poor intern, he wouldn't have had his credentials pulled.

And once again, the fact that Trump picked Acosta and answered a number of questions from him doesn't support the notion that 'Trump just doesn't like tough questions.'

It is easy to see why the Democratic Party is dependent upon the two demographics with the lowest percentage having high school degrees, black and Latinos.

Don Lemon: "Don't believe what you see with your own ears."

President Obama visited all "57 states" of the United States.

You can think that if you want. There might even be some truth to it. Trump was visibly annoyed with Acosta, based on his past behavior. However, that doesn't change the fact that Acosta behaved inappropriately. Had Acosta asked his question, and follow-ups, and given up the mike when told his turn was over four+ times and someone else was called on, or not held onto the mike and stiff-armed the poor intern, he wouldn't have had his credentials pulled.

And once again, the fact that Trump picked Acosta and answered a number of questions from him doesn't support the notion that 'Trump just doesn't like tough questions.'

6 times.

What a whiney ass bunch the Righties are in this thread. Trump looses yet ANOTHER court room battle. Do you all want some cheese with that whine !!

...And a JUDGE < the POTUS...by FAR.

That's what Nixon used to believe too.

I'm so sick of the WH press corps giving Numnuts way too much deference at this point. They did and should have given him the same deference and respect they've given every president when he took office. But how many years do they have to sit there and listen to his lies and make believe they're hearing the truth??

I'm so sick of watching the press feverishly writing down his last lie in their little notebook like good little reporters, then being shown why it's a blatant lie on the evening news. They're smart, they know the truth or BS when they hear it, they need to nip it in the bud.

At what point after they're given another line of BS, will they mention to him and the rest of the world, "that's not true sir"? When will they say, "you said the opposite yesterday, which is it"??

Back
Top Bottom