• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

To the Black Americans

Do you agree with the idea of slavery reparation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stan1990

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
People need to read and learn from history. An educated man is more threatening to the dictatorships and tyrannies than an uneducated one. However, education isn't just a piece of paper you got after four years of university or college. If this is the way you think, you are foul and wasting your precious time. Money comes and goes, but never the time. Many people from all races and ethnic groups participate in the opposition movement against Donald Trump, and his supporters belong to different backgrounds. Violence, burning shops and private property will not remove Donald Trump from his position. A group of educated and smart people will do it at the ballot box.

Now, this isn't about voting for Trump or Biden. It is about the cliches and stereotype images that Democrat party loyal media try to overrun your consciousness. The Democrat party will never win any presidential, congress and senate election without the valuable Black_Americans votes. They take that for granted. Meanwhile, their record is horrible. The worst big cities in homicide rates, police brutality, unemployment, a public housing crisis and underfunded schools are under Democratic party control. Detroit, Chicago and Baltimore are a few examples among many. Organizations like BLM or Antifa is deaf and blind when it is about Black_Americans killing their fellow Black Americans.

The Democratic party needs to keep the Black Americans seduced and weak to harness their votes. One cliche used frequently is the history of slavery. Black_Americans, as a result, become possessed with the victim mentality. It's like demons taking over someone's soul. People from all over the world are desperate to come to America. Latin people are risking their lives crossing desserts to become part of America, even by illegal means. Yet still, American citizens, never born in Africa, their parents and great-great-grandparents never born in Africa, are calling themselves African_Americans. I agree that Slavery is a dark page in American history. It was horrible suffering that no human should endure, so French colonization of Algeria and Tunisia, Japan devastated by the Nuclear Bomb not once, but twice and Mexicans becoming immigrants in what was part of their country in the past.

The other cliche is the idea of reparations. The idea in itself exposed to the polarization atmosphere dominated American politics. It was approved in cities where the Democrat party dominated. The purpose of such an idea is absolutely political. The reparation standing on no legal or moral grounds. First of all, no victim of slavery is still alive. Second, it is impossible to approve direct relation to one slave victim that makes a person entitled to reparation payments. Third, the statute of limitations on such reparation claims has expired. Finally, Slavery and segregation laws were officially abolished, Brown v. Board of Education is one example among many. Black_Americans should ask Barack Obama for reparation. The pro-Slavery Southern states were loyal to the Democratic party, they fought the civil war with keeping the abusive slavery system top priority and There, the racist KuKlux Klan Klan was founded.

The reparation is an absurd idea, and it doesn't stand on any grounds. You can't compare it to payments for Holocaust victims, the Japanese Americans interned during ww2 or compensation for rosewood 1923 racist attack that killed 26 Black_Americans and destroyed many businesses. The reason is simple, those reparations paid to actual surviving victims or their direct descendants.

End

People need to read and learn from history. An educated man is more threatening to the dictatorships and tyrannies than an uneducated one. However, education isn't just a piece of paper you got after four years of university or college. If this is the way you think, you are foul and wasting your precious time. Money comes and goes, but never the time. Many people from all races and ethnic groups participate in the opposition movement against Donald Trump, and his supporters belong to different backgrounds. Violence, burning ...property will not remove Donald Trump... A group of educated and smart people will do it at the ballot box.

Now, this isn't about voting for Trump or Biden. It is about the cliches and stereotype images that Democrat party loyal media try to overrun your consciousness. The Democrat party will never win any presidential, congress and senate election without the valuable Black_Americans votes. They take that for granted. Meanwhile, their record is horrible. The worst big cities in homicide rates, police brutality, unemployment, a public housing crisis and underfunded schools are under Democratic party control. ....

End

Shortened post above,.... 5000 character per post limit.

Cities are not "islands"... If you understood the impacts of institutional racism and right wing concentrated wealth's attack on "one man, one vote", you
might have different opinions.

American Legislative Exchange Council - Wikipedia
...ALEC has produced model bills on a broad range of issues, such as reducing regulation and individual and corporate taxation, combating illegal immigration, loosening environmental regulations, tightening voter identification rules, weakening labor unions, and opposing gun control.[8][9][10][11] Some of these bills dominate legislative agendas in states such as Arizona, Wisconsin, Colorado, Michigan, New Hampshire, and Maine.[12] Approximately 200 model bills become law each year.[8][13] ...

2011 to present
...a website "ALEC Exposed" that documented more than 800 of ALEC model bills, the legislators and corporations that had helped to draft them, and the states that enacted them.[27]

The joint effort, and particularly its coverage of ALEC's push for tough voter ID laws, prompted the advocacy group Color of Change to launch a public campaign to pressure corporations to withdraw their ALEC memberships.[27]

The criticism among media outlets and political opponents was that ALEC was secretly subverting democratic institutions to further the aims of its corporate benefactors.[27]....

Rhetoric versus reality....

If "they" just be seen and not heard, and are willing to wait patiently..

Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority

was founded 1908, at the historically black .Forming a sorority broke barriers for African-American women in areas where they had little power or authority due to a lack of opportunities for minorities and women..[6] Alpha Kappa Alpha was incorporated on January 29, 1913.

..the sorority serves through a membership of more than 300,000 women in 1,024 chapters in the U. S. and several other countries.[3] ...

Why Do Boards Have So Few Black Directors?

Aug 13, 2020

..The underrepresentation of Black professionals is..bleak in..corporate America: boards of directors. Although newly-appointed directors are increasingly diverse, 37% of S&P 500 firms did not have any Black board members in 2019 and Black directors comprised just 4.1% of Russell 3000 board members...

..To answer.., survey we previously conducted of over 1,000 U.S. board directors between 2015-2016. We note that only 24 of our survey respondents identified as Black/African American, ..
Interviews with 59 Black Female Executives Explore Intersectional Invisibility and Strategies to Overcome It

..Black women continue to be sorely underrepresented in leadership roles in corporate America. Currently, they make up 12.7% of the U.S. population, yet they represent only 1.3% of senior management and executive roles of S&P 500 firms, 2.2% of Fortune 500 boards..there is not a single black female CEO in the Fortune 500.

The Fed - Distribution: Distribution of Household Wealth in the U.S. since 1989

50246824316_fa050acb49_c.jpg
50246828886_4a46bd58a9_n.jpg

What the OP is really trying to say is that black lives don't matter.

No, we don't need reparations plain and simple.
We're perfectly capable of uplifting ourselves and doing right for what we need to raise one another up.

I for one am sick and tired of the whole reparations argument myself. It was idiotic when I first heard about it thirty years ago and it looks no better today.

No, we don't need reparations plain and simple.
We're perfectly capable of uplifting ourselves and doing right for what we need to raise one another up.

I for one am sick and tired of the whole reparations argument myself. It was idiotic when I first heard about it thirty years ago and it looks no better today.

It is only your humanity, "squander it" wisely!

Do more reading. Endeavor to make it more about what you learn, what you know, how you come to "know what you know", and less about what and how you feel.
I actually work on it.. work on attempting to compensate for what I never would have noticed, due to my insular upbringing and everyday life, if I had not made a conscious effort.

Abuses of the dominant in society radicalize, via unceasing scapegoating (resentment of "the other" vs veneration of the keepers of the status quo) designed to keep the most powerful from being criticized is the root cause of concentrated wealth (concentrated political influence). Politics is the historical solution for unwinding it, or intensifying it.

Urban Dictionary: strapping young buck

From a 1976 speech by Ronald Reagan, who complained of "strapping young bucks" using public assistance to buy T-Bone steaks, the phrase is shorthand for "undeserving and lazy black people living off hardworking white taxpayers instead of getting a job." Many commentators have noted that the phrase originated from the auction block. Now used ironically by liberal commentators to identify racist dog-whistles in conservative argument.
"Whereas once the problem was just welfare queens and strapping young bucks, now it’s the entire middle and lower classes, the lazy union members, the credit card deadbeats, the unemployed so content with their benefits that they don’t look for work."

'We Are All Strapping Young Bucks Now'
Doug J. _Balloon Juice_ Jan 6, 2011

Robert Meeropol - Wikipedia
Robert Meeropol (born May 14, 1947 as Robert Rosenberg) is the younger son of Ethel and Julius Rosenberg. Meeropol was born in NYC. His father Julius was an electrical engineer and a member of the Communist Party..

In 1953, when Robert was six years old, his parents were convicted and executed for conspiracy to commit espionage, and specifically for passing secrets of the atomic bomb to the Soviet Union...
After the Rosenbergs were arrested, Robert and his older brother Michael lived with their maternal grandmother,. ...the boys were allowed to visit their parents in Sing Sing prison. ..They were eventually adopted by the writer and songwriter Abel Meeropol and his wife Anne and took their last name.

Meeropol earned his bachelor's and master's degrees in anthropology..

Activism and career
With his brother, Meeropol sued the FBI and CIA under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), winning the release of 300,000 previously secret documents pertaining to their parents' case. Believing the documents proved their parents' innocence, the Meeropol brothers co-wrote a 1975 book about their childhood.[1..

STRANGE FRUIT | Vanity Fair | September 1998
STRANGE FRUIT
SEPT 1998
One night in 1939 at Café Society, ..New York's first proudly integrated nightclub outside Harlem, a budding legend named Billie Holiday first sang a new song: "Strange Fruit." The ballad—a lyrical, horrifying description of a lynching—was a musical cry against racism, and with it Holiday continued to shock, anger, and move audiences until her death in 1959..

Southern trees bear a strange fruit, Blood on the leaves and blood at the root,

Black body swinging in the Southern breeze, Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees...

..The song was a staple of the anti-apartheid circuit in Europe. Khallid Muhammad, Louis Farrakhan's notoriously anti-Semitic former national spokesman, quoted it in a speech cataloguing America's racist past—unaware, apparently, that it was written by a white Jewish schoolteacher from New York City.

I wrote "Strange Fruit" because I hate lynching, and I hate injustice, and I hate the people who perpetuate it. —Abel Meeropol (a.k.a. Lewis Allan), 1971.
... An English teacher at... High School in the Bronx for 27 years, Meeropol had led two other, parallel lives. ..political activist: he and his wife were closet Communists, .. (The F.B.I. maintained that he had "been identified by reliable informants" as a party member until 1947, though it followed him for 23 years after that.) The other was as a poet and songwriter...

.. 1935, Meeropol, in his early 30s at the time, saw a photograph of a particularly ghastly lynching. "It ... haunted me for days," he later recalled. ..

We don't need reparations or special treatment. We are as capable as any other group of people.

My fellow Americans don't owe me anything except getting out of the way when I exercise my rights.

We don't need reparations or special treatment. We are as capable as any other group of people.

My fellow Americans don't owe me anything except getting out of the way when I exercise my rights.

Divide, and conquer, huh? That's worked out quite well, so far.... for some people.

If your political ideology is indistinguishable from the Koch brothers, are you your own person?

Review: Jane Mayer’s ‘Dark Money,’ About the Koch Brothers’ Fortune and Influence - The New York Times
...When Jane Mayer published her 10,000-word article about Charles and David Koch in The New Yorker in August 2010, David Koch denounced her piece in print and, as she reports in her new book, “Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right,” a “private investigative firm with powerful political and law enforcement connections was retained.” While there was no hard evidence on who had hired the firm, “clues leading back to the Kochs were everywhere.”...

We can stand on the shoulders of those who came before us, or, we can piss on them....

What Made Reagan a Truly Great Communicator | The Heritage Foundation

In his 1989 farewell address to the American people, President Ronald Reagan corrected the simplistic notion that he was simply a reat communicator by saying: “I wasn’t a great communicator, but I communicated great things,” gathered from “our experience, our wisdom, and our belief in principles that have guided us for two centuries.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ump-tulsa-pattern-racially-divisive-politics/
National Perspective

From Ronald Reagan in Philadelphia, Miss., to Donald Trump in Tulsa, a pattern of racially divisive politics
By Peniel E. Joseph
Professor public affairs and history
June 19, 2020 at 5:31 p.m. EDT
As the Republican nominee for president in 1980, Reagan staged an Aug. 3 rally at the Neshoba County Fair in Mississippi, an event that was weighted with racist symbolism. Neshoba County was the site of the brutal murders of the black activist James Chaney and white civil rights workers Michael Schwerner and Andrew Goodman.

Chaney, Schwerner and Goodman were killed during 1964’s Mississippi Freedom Summer, a historic effort by the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) to bring democracy and racial justice to the Magnolia State. The interracial trio of activists went missing June 21 outside of tiny Philadelphia, Miss. Their bodies were recovered Aug. 4 in an earthen dam, and they have become enshrined as three of the most visible martyrs of the civil rights era.

The fact that two white men were murdered by a combination of racist law enforcement and white vigilantes lent their deaths more weight in the public’s imagination. Freedom Summer continued, with activists emboldened, rather than fearstruck, by acts of racial terror orchestrated by Mississippi officials. Almost 1,000 white volunteers bolstered the SNCC staff’s efforts to organize Freedom Schools, literacy and civics classes, voter registration and integrated libraries.

Reagan knew all of this and still held a raucous rally in Neshoba County, where he declared his allegiance to “states’ rights,” a dog whistle fully understood by the white people in attendance who embraced the conservative former California governor and actor as a political hero straight from central casting.

Reagan’s landslide presidential election in 1980 ushered in a conservative political epic in American politics deeply rooted in anti-black racism that we have yet to recover from. Reagan’s assaults on Great Society anti-poverty and social welfare efforts were made clear during his first inauguration speech in 1981. ....

Last edited:
What the OP is really trying to say is that black lives don't matter.
No he is not. Handing out money from white people that never owned slaves to black people that were never slaves is totally stupid.

No he is not. Handing out money from white people that never owned slaves to black people that were never slaves is totally stupid.

Interviews with 59 Black Female Executives Explore Intersectional Invisibility and Strategies to Overcome It

....Black women continue to be sorely underrepresented in leadership roles in corporate America. Currently, they make up 12.7% of the U.S. population, yet they represent only 1.3% of senior management and executive roles of S&P 500 firms, 2.2% of Fortune 500 boards of directors, and in a post-Ursula Burns world, there is not a single black female CEO in the Fortune 500.

But white people who own "the system" financed Reagan, financed Trump, dictated (dismantled) tax policy, used the "old boy" network to block participation
of qualified people, invested in getting you to post in defense of them, as you scapegoat the least powerful, per Reagan-Trump messaging....

...they get to loot the U.S. treasury and obtain this result. Really? How is that any different than what the Koch brothers invested in "shaping" public opinions and rewriting legislation to serve only them?

We All Have a Stake in the Stock Market, Right? Guess Again - The New York Times

We All Have a Stake in the Stock Market, Right? Guess Again ...The New York Times - Breaking News, World News & Multimedia › Business › Economy
Feb 8, 2018 - The reason: They own little or no stock. A whopping 84 percent of all stocks owned by Americans belong to the wealthiest 10 percent of ...

The Fed - Distribution: Distribution of Household Wealth in the U.S. since 1989

50246824316_fa050acb49_c.jpg

Last edited:

It's a lot more complicated than your simplistic dismissal to avoid the truth about what whites have done to blacks in this country for the last 100 years or so. IE: Jim Crowe, segregation, red lining, voter suppression, under funded schools, unaffordable housing and healthcare, gentrification, job discrimination, systemic government racism and exclusion, unfair prison sentencings, police brutality, etc., etc, etc...

Not that I think it will actually happen....but at the same time, I don't think reparations is too much to ask for, considering blacks were largely excluded while whites were building their generational wealth through government programs like the GI Bill, job programs, home and business loans, etc.

It is only your humanity, "squander it" wisely!

Do more reading. Endeavor to make it more about what you learn, what you know, how you come to "know what you know", and less about what and how you feel.
I actually work on it.. work on attempting to compensate for what I never would have noticed, due to my insular upbringing and everyday life, if I had not made a conscious effort.

Abuses of the dominant in society radicalize, via unceasing scapegoating (resentment of "the other" vs veneration of the keepers of the status quo) designed to keep the most powerful from being criticized is the root cause of concentrated wealth (concentrated political influence). Politics is the historical solution for unwinding it, or intensifying it.

If all you can do is post empty rhetoric and what amounts to propaganda, without even having the slightest hint of a point for yourself.

Then I do not think you have any place to even suggest someone else should Do more reading.

It's a lot more complicated than your simplistic dismissal to avoid the truth about what whites have done to blacks in this country for the last 100 years or so. IE: Jim Crowe, segregation, red lining, voter suppression, under funded schools, unaffordable housing and healthcare, gentrification, job discrimination, systemic government racism and exclusion, unfair prison sentencings, police brutality, etc., etc, etc...

Not that I think it will actually happen....but at the same time, I don't think reparations is too much to ask for, considering blacks were largely excluded while whites were building their generational wealth through government programs like the GI Bill, job programs, home and business loans, etc.

It's a lot more complicated

No... no its not

Back
Top Bottom