• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

To Stop the Multiplication of the Unfit [W:183]

these are quotes from her own writings and speeches you ignorance is truly amazing and out right sad

"...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people
Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.

Couples should be required to submit applications to have a child, she wrote in her "Plan for Peace." Birth Control Review, April 1932

The purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)

"More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12

"We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon

"Eugenic sterilization is an urgent need ... We must prevent multiplication of this bad stock."
Margaret Sanger, April 1933 Birth Control Review.

"Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race."
Margaret Sanger. Woman, Morality, and Birth Control. New York: New York Publishing Company, 1922. Page 12.

"Eugenics is … the most adequate and thorough avenue to the solution of racial, political and social problems
Margaret Sanger.The Eugenic Value of Birth Control Propaganda." Birth Control Review, October 1921, page 5.

so are her own words lies? you been propagandized and brainwashed beyond any hope. your ignorance is truly amazing and out right sad
Yep, as I said, lies. Out of context and pure utter crap.

Then you should know of her racism, written in her own words. Not to mention her support of Eugenics.

"We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." --- Margaret Sanger
See how she said she didn't want such nonsense to go out? That's because it was nonsense, as in Not True.

See how she said she didn't want such nonsense to go out? That's because it was nonsense, as in Not True.

Really? How about this one?

" The lower down in the scale of human development we go the less sexual control we find. It is said that the aboriginal Australian, the lowest known species of the human family, just a step higher than the chimpanzee in brain development, has so little sexual control that police authority alone prevents him from obtaining sexual satisfaction on the streets." --- Margaret Sanger, What Every Girl Should Know.

" The lower down in the scale of human development we go the less sexual control we find. It is said that the aboriginal Australian, the lowest known species of the human family, just a step higher than the chimpanzee in brain development, has so little sexual control that police authority alone prevents him from obtaining sexual satisfaction on the streets." --- Margaret Sanger, What Every Girl Should Know.

Did you read the whole thing or just snip something that you think suits your purpose?

The Public Papers of Margaret Sanger: Web Edition

BTW, Sanger was ANTI ABORTION.

Yep, as I said, lies. Out of context and pure utter crap.

if you claim they are out of context or untrue then go read it your self i gave you the sources where they all came from. you are being willfully ignorant or so thoroughly brainwashed that there is no hope for you other then professional help and a thorough deprogramming

You are just another example to reinforce my theory that liberalism is not a political spectrum but a cult that its members are propagandized and brainwashed to become followers. they become ideologue sycophants that no matter what proof and facts are provided they will not stray from what they have falsely been told to believe

Last edited:
fewer sub-standard humans Who wouldn't favor that
there'd be less people voting Demonrat!

"According to one writer, the rapist has just enough brain development to raise him above the animal, but like the animal, when in heat knows no law except nature which impels him to procreate whatever the result. Every normal man and Woman has the power to control and direct his sexual impulse. Men and women who have it in control and constantly use their brain cells in thinking deeply, are never sensual.

It is well to understand that the natural aim of the sexual impulse is the sexual act and the natural aim of the sexual act is reproduction, though it does not always result in this. It is possible for conception to take place without love, it is even possible that there is no conscious knowledge to procreate before or during the act, yet this does not disprove the fact that nature has designed it for the purpose of reproduction, no matter what uses man has put it to today. This subject of procreation we shall discuss next.

Every girl should know that to hold in check the sexual impulse; to absorb this power into the system until there is a freely conscious sympathy, a confidence and respect between her and her ideal; that this will go toward building up the sexual impulse and will make the purest, strongest and most sacred passion of adult life, compared to which all other passions pale into insignificance."

And my quotes, from the very same text and starting at the same paragraph where you left off, were written only 101 years ago. My, what else do you have?

if you claim they are out of context or untrue then go read it your self i gave you the sources where they all came from. you are being willfully ignorant or so thoroughly brainwashed that there is no hope for you other then professional help and a thorough deprogramming

You are just another example to reinforce my theory that liberalism is not a political spectrum but a cult that its members are propagandized and brainwashed to become followers. they become ideologue sycophants that no matter what proof and facts are provided they will not stray from what they have falsely been told to believe
When you believe lies you shouldn't pass judgment on others. You believe lies.

That lie is too old to respond to, and the basic theory of eugenics makes perfect sense. Healthy people with small families make for more healthy people. Don't let right-wing propaganda or the Nazis screw you up on what the truth is. Sanger is an evil racist isn't it.

Well said. I agree.

Sanger promoted birth control because she blamed her own mother's death on too many pregnancies.

She did believe in birth control was a natural way women could use to try to keep their children free from proverty and disease.

Her grandson said once that his grandmother , “believed that women wanted their children to be free of poverty and disease, that women were natural eugenicists, and that birth control was the panacea to accomplish this.”
Margaret Louise Higgins Sanger (1879 – 1966) was an American activist born in 1879 in Corning, New York. Sanger was one of eleven children born to an Irish-Catholic immigrant working class family. Her mother, Anne Purcell Higgins died of tuberculosis and cervical cancer at the age of 50 having born the strain of 11 pregnancies and seven stillbirths.

As the story goes, Margaret lashed out at her father over her mother’s coffin that he was responsible for Anne’s death due to so many pregnancies.
< SNIP>
Here was where she saw the lives of poor immigrant women. Without effective contraceptives many of these women, when faced with another unwanted pregnancy, resorted to five-dollar back-alley abortions or attempted to self-terminate their pregnancies. After botched abortions Margaret was called in to care for the women. After watching the suffering and trauma so many women experienced, Sanger began to shift her attention away from nursing to the need for better contraceptives.
< SNIP>
She began dreaming of a “magic pill” to be used to control pregnancy. “No woman can call herself free until she can choose consciously whether she will or will not be a mother,” Sanger said.
< SNIP>
In 1921 she founded the American Birth Control League, the forerunner to Planned Parenthood and she spent the next thirty years trying to bring safe and effective birth control to the American woman.
< SNIP>
In 1951 Sanger met Gregory Pincus, an expert in human reproduction. Now all she needed was the money to make her vision happen and she found that in heiress Katherine McCormick. Pincus partnered with Dr. John Rock and the collaboration led to the FDA approval of Enovid, the first oral contraceptive in 1960.
< SNIP>
Sanger also faced controversy over her association with eugenics. Sanger’s grandson, Alexander Sanger, chair of the International Planned Parenthood stated that his grandmother
“believed that women wanted their children to be free of poverty and disease, that women were natural eugenicists, and that birth control was the panacea to accomplish this.”
With the invention of the “magic pill” Margaret Sanger accomplished her life-long goal of bringing safe, affordable, and effective contraception to the masses.
Not only did she see the pill realized, but four years later, at the age of 81, Margaret Sanger witnessed the undoing of Comstock Laws. In the 1965 Supreme Court case Griswold v. Connecticut, the court ruled that the private use of contraceptives was a constitutional right.
When Sanger passed away a year later, after more than half a century of fighting for the rights of women to control their own fertility, she died knowing she had done what she set out to do.

Margaret Sanger – Mother of Modern Contraception | Saints, Sisters, and Sluts

Michelle Malkin | ‘To Stop the Multiplication of the Unfit’ «

and you liberals have been brainwashed and propagandized to believe abortion was all about womens health and freedom of choice but the truth it is about slowing down the growth of the American black community this is why you have percentage wise more black babies being aborted then any other ethnic group in America

Your a racist if you support Planed Parenthood

Michelle Malkin. :lol:

then go read it your self you ignorant brainwashed weak minded ideologue sycophant

Abortion Pro life Planned Parenthood at Life Dynamics

every full writing by Sanger read them in their full context
I have read them. What you are posting are lies.

Here's something accurate:

"If plants, and live stock as well, require space and air, sunlight and love, chlldren need them even more. The only real wealth of our country lies in the men and women of the next generation. A farmer would rather produce a thousand thoroughbreds than a million runts.

How are we to breed a race of human thoroughbreds unless we follow the same plan? We must make this country into a garden of children instead of a disorderly back lot overrun with human weeds.

In a home where there are too many children in proportion to the living space, the air and sunlight, the children are usually overcrowded and underfed. They are a constant burden on their mother's overtaxed strength and the father's earning capacity. Such homes cannot be gardens in any sense of the word."

Radio WFAB Syracuse, 1924-02-29, transcripted in "The Meaning of Radio Birth Control", April 1924, p. 111

Yes, what a monster.

Last edited:
So, if you support Alzheimer's research rather than sickle cell anemia research, are you a racist too, since blacks tend to get sickle cell more than whites and tend not to live as long, and thus don't get Alzheimer's as much? That makes sense, right?

I have read them. What you are posting are lies.

then you know that those quotes are true and factual and you are no better then a Nazi for supporting Sanger and her beliefs and teachings

then you know that those quotes are true and factual and you are no better then a Nazi for supporting Sanger and her beliefs and teachings
Those quotes are out of context, at best, and lies. Why do you try and lie to us?

Misattributed

We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.
Misquoted by Diane S. Dew (2001)
Omits words from a letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble Sanger proposing the "Negro Project", where Sanger wrote: "And we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."

Last edited:
Her grandson said once that his grandmother , “believed that women wanted their children to be free of poverty and disease, that women were natural eugenicists, and that birth control was the panacea to accomplish this.”

There is little doubt that is a sick view to hold, but it does sound like her.

and you liberals have been brainwashed and propagandized to believe abortion was all about womens health and freedom of choice but the truth it is about slowing down the growth of the American black community this is why you have percentage wise more black babies being aborted then any other ethnic group in America

Funny funny. Yes Mrs. Sanger was a "racist." So were about 90% of white Americans who she grew up with during that period in American history. She still helped the women's rights movement, and won several court cases involving contracaption.

I am sure that there are still a small number of people today who are both racists, and might support eugenics and/or abortion as methods to "purify the race pool."

However I am Pro-Choice, American Indian, and I am not one of them; nor are any of the people I have ever met who support a woman's right to choose.

Your argument of "guilt by association" is a logical fallacy trying to attribute guilt to individuals because of the people or organizations with which they associate, rather than because of any crime that they have actually committed.

...an inductive informal fallacy of the type hasty generalization or red herring which asserts that qualities of one thing are inherently qualities of another, merely by an irrelevant association

Association fallacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Try again, this argument is a loser.

Last edited:
Funny funny. Yes Mrs. Sanger was a "racist." So were about 90% of white Americans who she grew up with during that period in American history. She still helped the women's rights movement, and won several court cases involving contracaption.

I am sure that there are still a small number of people today who are both racists, and might support eugenics and/or abortion as methods to "purify the race pool."

However I am Pro-Choice, American Indian, and I am not one of them; nor are any of the people I have ever met who support a woman's right to choose.

Your argument of "guilt by association" is a logical fallacy trying to attribute guilt to individuals because of the people or organizations with which they associate, rather than because of any crime that they have actually committed.

Association fallacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Try again, this argument is a loser.

Hitler has some good ideas that benefited Germany like the Autobahn and the Volkswagen does that mean it is alright to be a Nazi? according to your logic it is

There's more of us than you'd care to know

Hitler has some good ideas that benefited Germany like the Autobahn and the Volkswagen does that mean it is alright to be a Nazi? according to your logic it is

Actually thats YOUR logic. I don't buy into the "guilt by association" fallacy. YOU do. There are a lot of Germans who enjoy the driving freedom of the Autobahn, and many American people who like driving Volkswagens. Just because Hitler supported both does not make those Germans who like the Autobahn, or those Americans who like Volkswagons Nazis. Geez. :screwy

I'm kiddin' too or am I? ;)

Are any other Prolifers going to join the OPer in wanting laws passed to again outlaw birth control as the OP attacks Sanger for opposing laws outlawing birth control?

I actually didn't know who Margaret Sanger was so I took your advice and googled her.

Jesus christ what a heinous bitch.

Another ProLife man who wants contraceptives outlawed and hates who most championed abolition of such laws.

Any other ProLifers want to go on record of wanting contraceptives made illegal?

There is little doubt that is a sick view to hold, but it does sound like her.

That's #3 for ProLife men on the forum who want contraceptives outlawed - plus adds believes women who use birth control are "sick."

Back
Top Bottom