• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

To Red Sox fans from a Yankee fan.

LaMidRighter

Klattu Verata Nicto
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
There's still some season left and I'm not ready to put anyone out of the playoffs yet from the ALE and realize that your team has a hell of a chore to make playoffs but I didn't start this to beat up on the Sox rather to say I'm very impressed with the way the team has performed regardless of the key injuries.

In the name of sportsmanship I've gotta say I don't think many teams could say they have some kind of shot with what Boston is having to deal with and it speaks to the quality of the team you all follow. Even though it looks bad you guys and gals have nothing to be ashamed of so..........

Good Job!

There's still some season left and I'm not ready to put anyone out of the playoffs yet from the ALE and realize that your team has a hell of a chore to make playoffs but I didn't start this to beat up on the Sox rather to say I'm very impressed with the way the team has performed regardless of the key injuries.

In the name of sportsmanship I've gotta say I don't think many teams could say they have some kind of shot with what Boston is having to deal with and it speaks to the quality of the team you all follow. Even though it looks bad you guys and gals have nothing to be ashamed of so..........

Good Job!

I am really proud of our team. There has been no quit. In June, the Sox were the best team in baseball, seemingly easily erasing an early eight game deficit to catch the Yankees and Rays. But then the injuries started coming in, and while the Sox stayed close for a while, the accumulation of injuries and playing with a team where half of the regulars started in the minors has finally caught up with the Sox. While I will not give up on my team EVER (even after officially eliminated) I have to admit that this is not our year despite how promising things looked in June.

Nice to know that there is at least one fan of the Evil Empire who has some class... j/k Actually, I was in New York last August and was chatting with some Yankees fans at a pizza joint. It was a great conversation and they seemed like great guys and good ball fans... The rivalry is fun, even if a bit on the intense side...

The great thing about being a Boston fan is that we are in the greatest rivalry in three of the four major sports... :)

Well it is official. LA isn't a true Yankee fan. Those kids from NYC have no class. Just kidding although the Rays stuff is about to be brought out soon.

The great thing about being a Boston fan is that we are in the greatest rivalry in three of the four major sports... :)

Three of four? Which sport don't we have?

Well it is official. LA isn't a true Yankee fan. Those kids from NYC have no class. Just kidding although the Rays stuff is about to be brought out soon.

Three of four? Which sport don't we have?

Football... we can't compare to rivalries like the Bears-Packers and others in that area.

We have:

Red Sox-Yankees
Bruins-Canadiens
Celtics-Lakers

Football... we can't compare to rivalries like the Bears-Packers and others in that area.

We have:

Red Sox-Yankees
Bruins-Canadiens
Celtics-Lakers

Ah see I grew with having the Colts-Pats rivalry. I mean I knew of the 49's and Cowboys, but I have only known Colts-Pats.

Pats-Colts rivalry doesn't even come close the matching some of those rivalries in the NFC North...
Those are blood rivalries to the point that you just don't wear the other teams colors in home cities unless you want to get crapped on. I love the NYY/BRS rivalry though, it's easily the best in sports and the stuff of legends. What I'm hoping for next season is to field the healthiest and most stacked ALE possible and go for a five-way fight, that to me would be the season of legend. Toronto is never easy, Baltimore will be better under Showalter, the Rays are kind of coming into their own, Boston and the Yanks are always dangerous so it is quite possible.

Those are blood rivalries to the point that you just don't wear the other teams colors in home cities unless you want to get crapped on. I love the NYY/BRS rivalry though, it's easily the best in sports and the stuff of legends. What I'm hoping for next season is to field the healthiest and most stacked ALE possible and go for a five-way fight, that to me would be the season of legend. Toronto is never easy, Baltimore will be better under Showalter, the Rays are kind of coming into their own, Boston and the Yanks are always dangerous so it is quite possible.

I give the Jays credit for hanging tough in a division with three World Series contenders. I am a bit surprised by how poorly the Orioles have done this season, but they have showed signs in the second half of the season of playing good ball. Next year could be brutal...

FYI the Texas Rangers beat the Yankees again tonight

No. I grew up believing if a rival team showed you respect, you show them respect back.

So do I. OK, now that you showed your respect, and gotten that out of the way, it is time to have some fun. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom