• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

To pay america's debt everybody sacrifice well not everybody?

and whining about percentages is moronic given that the majority of voters pay a lower percentage of federal income taxes than those uber rich who pay more in a week than most people pay in a year

It has already been documented the majority pay a higher percentage of their income on federal taxes @ 22% than the uber rich @ 16.6%. This means they have a greater tax burden in proportion to their survival costs than the uber rich

So just exactly who are you expecting to feel sorry for the uber rich??? :sun

and progressive taxes that allow people like you to pay way too little is why we have massive deficits of today

Nope, the massive deficits didn't begin until after the progressive tax system was slashed under the Reagan administration. :sun

Last edited:
Lets recall one of your last posts

Irony-its what's for breakfast

Identifying a LIAR is proper and right. Why do you have trouble with that?

You called me a tool of the Democratic Party. Just like your buddy Conservative, you have no actual understanding of what I do so you opt for a cartoon stereotype. my job is the same as the job being done by Republicans in my state. In fact, more Republicans than Democrats have the job. I work for a duly elected member of the state legislature as a Chief of Staff. My check is signed by the State of Michigan - NOT the Democratic Party.

Identifying a LIAR is proper and right. Why do you have trouble with that?

You called me a tool of the Democratic Party. Just like your buddy Conservative, you have no actual understanding of what I do so you opt for a cartoon stereotype. my job is the same as the job being done by Republicans in my state. In fact, more Republicans than Democrats have the job. I work for a duly elected member of the state legislature as a Chief of Staff. My check is signed by the State of Michigan - NOT the Democratic Party.

Just as I said

Nope, the massive deficits didn't begin until after the progressive tax system was slashed under the Reagan administration. :sun

Are you intentionally forgetting Clinton's tax cut? Most remember and often mention his tax increase of 1993, so much so that it has become known as "the Clinton defense." Fewer mention his tax cut of 1997 - which included cutting the top capital gains tax rate from 28% to 20% and phased in the increase in the estate tax aka death tax exemption from $600k to $1,000k.

Are you intentionally forgetting Clinton's tax cut? Most remember and often mention his tax increase of 1993, so much so that it has become known as "the Clinton defense." Fewer mention his tax cut of 1997 - which included cutting the top capital gains tax rate from 28% to 20% and phased in the increase in the estate tax aka death tax exemption from $600k to $1,000k.

Whether it was Clinton, or Congress, which was actually the case, it did not decrease our National Debt. Once we decide to get serious about reducing the country's debt, everything will have to be reassessed, both spending and revenues.

Whether it was Clinton, or Congress, which was actually the case, it did not decrease our National Debt. Once we decide to get serious about reducing the country's debt, everything will have to be reassessed, both spending and revenues.

Oh, please. The Nuremberg Defense for Clinton?

Believe you are totally correct that everything should be on the table, both spending and taxes if we are to extricate ourselves from this situation.

Oh, please. The Nuremberg Defense for Clinton?

Believe you are totally correct that everything should be on the table, both spending and taxes if we are to extricate ourselves from this situation.

I blame Clinton for the tax cuts just as much as you do, even though it was Congress that enacted them. :sun

Back
Top Bottom