• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

To "necro" a post

TheParser

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Being a computer illiterate (very) senior citizen, I was puzzled when I read that a thread was being closed because someone had "necroed" a post.

I went to the Web to find out the definition of "necro."

I have noticed that some websites do not have a time limit on posts, so a member can post a comment no matter how long ago the thread was started.

And I have noticed that some websites simply close a thread after a certain period of time so that no one can "necro" a post.

Being a computer illiterate (very) senior citizen, I was puzzled when I read that a thread was being closed because someone had "necroed" a post.

I have noticed that some websites do not have a time limit on posts, so a member can post a comment no matter how long ago the thread was started.

And I have noticed that some websites simply close a thread after a certain period of time so that no one can "necro" a post.

Well here, if a thread has been inactive for a significant amount of time, and you post in it, then it has been "necroed". I don't believe this website has a time limit for posts at all.

Dont complain. Their true goal is to pair you up to drag a plow through a rice paddy for 18 hours a day.

There's no time limit that I've seen.

I find it vaguely amusing to see people reply to a thread that's been inactive for several years and then patiently wait for a response. But I'm weird like that.

Well here, if a thread has been inactive for a significant amount of time, and you post in it, then it has been "necroed". I don't believe this website has a time limit for posts at all.

Not to derail....but what if you want to respond to a notification after you have read it and don’t want to hunt for it later. Bookmark?

Not to derail....but what if you want to respond to a notification after you have read it and don’t want to hunt for it later. Bookmark?

I guess bookmark it or keep an extra tab open for later.

The "+ button is used to quote multiple posts.

Can you help with question in #5? Later reply without hunting for specific post?

Can you help with question in #5? Later reply without hunting for specific post?

You mean that you were quoted, you looked at your notifications, then later want to go back and see it?

You mean that you were quoted, you looked at your notifications, then later want to go back and see it?

That’s the ticket.......is there a way or do I need to hunt it down later?

That’s the ticket.......is there a way or do I need to hunt it down later?

Click on your user control panel tab at the top right of the page then scroll down to the bottom of that page.

"Necro" as in necromancy. Bringing back from the dead.

Click on your user control panel tab at the top right of the page then scroll down to the bottom of that page.

Thanks, got it! :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom