• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

To his credit, on Biden's Supreme Court pick

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The more I learn of Jim Clyburn, the less I like him. In the 2020 election, he's credited with playing the key role in ending Bernie Sanders' momentum as the frontrunner winning each primary, by getting black voters in South Carolina and elsewhere to support Biden.

So Biden 'owed him' - and Clyburn called in the favor asking Biden to promise to nominate a black woman to the Supreme Court, which Biden did.

But Clyburn was pushing a particular nominee - Michelle Childs - who is described as anti-union. It's bad enough that his ally was Linsey Graham, who endorsed Childs and complained about her not being nominated to Jackson in the hearing.

It would have been 'politically convenient' for Biden to give Clyburn what he wanted to repay his help in the campaign, especially given his misguided proclaimed desire to get Republican votes for his nominee - but he did not, to his credit. Here's Graham attacking the pro-Bernie Sanders PAC for opposing Childs in the hearing:

Every single democrat politician in Congress are either crooks or fooling their constituents.

This is an arbitrary post.

Did you have a point besides partisan hyperbole?
How am I posting "partisan hyperbole" when I'm telling the truth about the Democrats who have no problems with the status quo, make no efforts to effectively combat the social, economic, and environmental issues of our time, ignore the US backed genocide in Yemen and the Biden created famine in Afghanistan, and are generally milquetoast "Biden bros"

How am I posting "partisan hyperbole" when I'm telling the truth about the Democrats who have no problems with the status quo, make no efforts to effectively combat the social, economic, and environmental issues of our time, ignore the US backed genocide in Yemen and the Biden created famine in Afghanistan, and are generally milquetoast "Biden bros"
If this is the standard your definition of "crook" is based on, then the same thing applies to the Republican party.

This to me means you don't really have a point

Ketanji Jackson is both Black and female - the only two qualifications Biden put on his first Supreme Court nominee. Let the Senate confirmation proceed and get it over with.

If this is the standard your definition of "crook" is based on, then the same thing applies to the Republican party.

This to me means you don't really have a point
I never said it doesn't, just that it applies more since the Democrats are supposed to be the party of morality

I never said it doesn't, just that it applies more since the Democrats are supposed to be the party of morality
I thought it was the Republican party whom voted for Trump was the party of morality?

You know, the party of family values and all.

That aside, as you feel the same way about both parties, in the future you may want to lead with "everyone" from both major parties are crooks. This would avoid the appearance of blind partisanship.

I thought it was the Republican party whom voted for Trump was the party of morality?

You know, the party of family values and all.

That aside, as you feel the same way about both parties, in the future you may want to lead with "everyone" from both major parties are crooks. This would avoid the appearance of blind partisanship.
I would've had the op not been talking about his gradual distate of Clyburn

Back
Top Bottom