• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

To Deal With China, Trump Should Learn German

Actually not. We dont whine. We observed and adjusted our politics to the new realities, an increasingly hostile USA.

You dont see the chancellor cry. She coldly ignores Trump and adjusted her politics to counter Trump wherever possible.

This might change when Trump is gone.

You certainly do whine. “Waah! Those Americans are saying mean things about us and our new BFF Vlad! Germany can’t be a country if we don’t support tyrants! Waah!” :roll:

And then the US coldly ignores you when you hypocritically babble about anything we do here. Again, deal with it.

We dont treat Portugal or Greece like vasalls. They want loans, we bound those loans on certain demands. Its same a bank does. Nobody forced Greece to take the german money. They could have stand up and walk away.

We gave an offer.

:lol:

Yes, you absolutely do treat them like vassals. And they know it. Which is why people are so fed up with your delusions of grandeur

With all due respect, but the dieing country is you.

While we have public peace and recover greatly from the Corona impact...you have civil war on your streets, get ripped apart internal and collapse external.

a handful of people getting killed now and then isn't a civil war. Maybe in Germany which thanks to the protection of the U.S. hasn't suffered any in 75 years anything worse than those Germans burning down the Orangutan habitat or something like that in zoo..

And while 180,000 dead from the Covid-19 virus outbreak might be a big deal in a tiny country like Germany, it is inconsequential in a country of a third of a billion people like the U.S. that is the size of a continent.

Don't let these "liberal/progressive" idiots on this board fool you kid.

I find it interesting that you left an entire paragraph out of your quote from that article.

Between these two paragraphs...

...was this paragraph, which you declined to include in your post.

Now, I'm not sure exactly who Mandelbaum was referring to in his "we" contention, but this article implies that the "we" is Germany. In that context, that quote from Mandelbaum is preposterous. I mean, seriously...the reason the US was on the winning side of WWI and WWII is because "we" (Germany) "were part of the strongest coalition"? And that "The Cold War coalition to defeat the Soviet Union, we organized." Really? Germany ("we") organized the coalition to defeat the Soviet Union???

Yes, Rostocker, that paragraph flies in the face of reality and I don't blame you for leaving it out of your post. But what it does is expose the totally unrealistic notion that, in regard to the US economic conflict with China, that Germany matters. The fact is, you DON'T matter. Trump has already shown that we don't NEED (nor want) "united coalition(s)" that ultimately don't have OUR best interests at heart...especially coalitions like the ones that writer mentions; TPP and US/EU.

Face it. The EU...and most importantly, Germany...must work with the US. Not the other way around. A China/Germany grouping will never take the place of, nor equal, the ending of a China/US grouping. Sorry, but you guys...no matter how much you think of yourselves as a "manufacturing powerhouse"...just aren't that important or useful to the US in terms of dealing with China. Yes, we'd love to engage in fair, balanced and reciprocal trade with the EU and Germany...just as we want with every other country we trade with...including China...but that's pretty much where our concerns about Germany end.

Also...face it...if Trump is reelected in November, he will be turning his economic warfare aiming reticule toward the EU, including Germany, in regard to that fair, balanced and reciprocal trade issue that I mentioned. I'm thinking THAT should be your primary concern right now. Not the US economic conflict with China.

(Unless, of course, you really DO want to take China's side against the US. If that's the case, well...I've mentioned to you before about making choices and suffering the consequences.)

Let's face this. No trade war in history has benefited anyone involved. Trump's will be no different. It is a ploy to weaken and discredit the U.S. and to that end it is working.

ft_01.08.20_USglobalimage2-1.png

:lamo

Canadians trying to accuse anyone else of hypocrisy on the subject....is amusing, to say the least.

That's odd bit of scurrying...where did I ever say we were perfect? You wouldn't have even heard from me, except for the far more amusing entitlement you demonstrate in attacking anyone else for civil rights violations. It's always the foulest bathroom destroyer that wants to suggest their **** don't stink.

That's odd bit of scurrying...where did I ever say we were perfect? You wouldn't have even heard from me, except for the far more amusing entitlement you demonstrate in attacking anyone else for civil rights violations. It's always the foulest bathroom destroyer that wants to suggest their **** don't stink.

Again, China is actively committing its atrocities as we speak. The US isn’t doing anything even remotely comparable. The desperate whataboutism, therefore, holds no water.

You certainly do whine. “Waah! Those Americans are saying mean things about us and our new BFF Vlad! Germany can’t be a country if we don’t support tyrants! Waah!” :roll:

And then the US coldly ignores you when you hypocritically babble about anything we do here. Again, deal with it.

With all due respect, its your foreign minister Pompeo who cries while we say Deal with it.

a handful of people getting killed now and then isn't a civil war. Maybe in Germany which thanks to the protection of the U.S. hasn't suffered any in 75 years anything worse than those Germans burning down the Orangutan habitat or something like that in zoo..

And while 180,000 dead from the Covid-19 virus outbreak might be a big deal in a tiny country like Germany, it is inconsequential in a country of a third of a billion people like the U.S. that is the size of a continent.

Don't let these "liberal/progressive" idiots on this board fool you kid.

You have more corona death than any country in the world, including India.

No 1st world country deals so bad with this than USA.

Again, China is actively committing its atrocities as we speak. The US isn’t doing anything even remotely comparable. The desperate whataboutism, therefore, holds no water.

China does nothing against Germany.

Here is the point, US might change its tone against allied countries and actually stop to act like an enemy and we might see where cooperation is possible.

You have more corona death than any country in the world, including India.

No 1st world country deals so bad with this than USA.

Only if you assume the Chinese (or India) is not lying about the number of deaths they've suffered.

At any rate, the U.S. can't do some of the things China did in responding to the virus for obvious reasons. We can't simply seal people inside their homes to die in order to prevent them from spreading the virus.

Sorry, I'm still laughing at the notion that you think you have a leg to stand on. You seriously think the "we're a little better at this exact second than they are at this exact second" buys you the choirboy uniform? Get outta here... :lamo

Only if you assume the Chinese (or India) is not lying about the number of deaths they've suffered.

At any rate, the U.S. can't do some of the things China did in responding to the virus for obvious reasons. We can't simply seal people inside their homes to die in order to prevent them from spreading the virus.

We did not seal people in Germany, yet did much better than USA and already recover also economicly.

Guess it helps to not have Adolph Twittler as president.

Sorry, I'm still laughing at the notion that you think you have a leg to stand on. You seriously think the "we're a little better at this exact second than they are at this exact second" buys you the choirboy uniform? Get outta here... :lamo

We are a lot better than the folks who are actively committing genocide, actually. One of the things about genocide— there is no equivalence between those who are committing it and those who aren’t.

What’s really funny is the amount of whataboutism you are trying to do to downplay said genocide. Hey, any straw is thick enough to grasp if it lets you pretend there’s an equivalence between the US and whatever despot, right? :roll:

We are a lot better than the folks who are actively committing genocide, actually. One of the things about genocide— there is no equivalence between those who are committing it and those who aren’t.

What’s really funny is the amount of whataboutism you are trying to do to downplay said genocide. Hey, any straw is thick enough to grasp if it lets you pretend there’s an equivalence between the US and whatever despot, right? :roll:

What's really funny is that you think you're better than anyone at all... :shrug: Your headlines suggest otherwise....

Next stop: #fakenooz

:lol: It's ok, bud, skip the next post of silly outrage, I already know. :thumbs:

Well if that bother you so much, maybe stop insulting your allies and reestablish relations on a normal level and we might be able to solve this.

With all due respect, its your foreign minister Pompeo who cries while we say Deal with it.

Your thread weeping and wailing about how the US should go hat in hand to Germany says otherwise.

Well if that bother you so much, maybe stop insulting your allies and reestablish relations on a normal level and we might be able to solve this.

In other words “fawn all over us or we’ll help the brutal dictatorship committing genocide”.

Pass.

An untrustworthy ally is worse than no ally at all.

What's really funny is that you think you're better than anyone at all... :shrug: Your headlines suggest otherwise....

Next stop: #fakenooz

:lol: It's ok, bud, skip the next post of silly outrage, I already know. :thumbs:

Again, the US isn’t committing anything even remotely close to the genocide going on Xinjiang......but it’s good to know that you find the suffering going on there “silly”. Says a lot about you.

As for the headlines.....what else do you expect from businesses who make money off bad news and as much of it as possible?

In other words “fawn all over us or we’ll help the brutal dictatorship committing genocide”.

Pass.

An untrustworthy ally is worse than no ally at all.

We are quite trustworthy. We just dont want be treated like an enemy.

We are quite trustworthy. We just dont want be treated like an enemy.

You and Trump are equally transactional.

You carry on against the USA the way Trump carries on against Germany.

Trump criticizes China and you criticize Trump and throw in Germany with China.

And while you don't criticize Polonium Putin you do campaign to belittle Russia just not as severely as you show contempt of Greece, Portugal, Poland, USA, UK among others.

Your slightly softer tone at some times at this thread does not cloak your demanding and domineering character and nature that you can be sure the Europeans recognize immediately.

Russia is a nigeria with snow and no threat for anyone. There will never be russian hegemony over Germany.

Only if America comes to protect you, and we will, in spite of Fourth Reichers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually not. We dont whine. We observed and adjusted our politics to the new realities, an increasingly hostile USA.

You dont see the chancellor cry. She coldly ignores Trump and adjusted her politics to counter Trump wherever possible.

This might change when Trump is gone.

You have done nothing but whine since this discussion was started. You will continue no matter who is in the White House, because you are who you are.

We don’t have Foreign Ministers, and believe me, you don’t want him to “Deal with it”.

Back
Top Bottom