• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

To Chip or Not to Chip, that is the Question

It's not a want its a need. Whether we like it or not. We should not have policies in place that offshore our manufacturing in the first place. That said getting the fabs back is a good thing. Now we need to get as much manufacturing back as we can.
The people who set up this country were in support of policy that encouraged local industries. They understood the importance of producing your own goods

It's not a want its a need. Whether we like it or not. We should not have policies in place that offshore our manufacturing in the first place. That said getting the fabs back is a good thing. Now we need to get as much manufacturing back as we can.

Perhaps you missed my point. Using the DPA does not require giving anyone a tax break. Raising tax rates on (non-special) US businesses encourages offshoring.

Perhaps you missed my point. Using the DPA does not require giving anyone a tax break. Raising tax rates on (non-special) US businesses encourages offshoring.
Offshoring has little to do with tax rates and much more to do with the cost of labor. US workers can’t compete with Chinese or Indians or Mexicans that work for pennies on the dollar. You can hire an Indian to work for the whole month for you for $600 in IT.

Offshoring has little to do with tax rates and much more to do with the cost of labor. US workers can’t compete with Chinese or Indians or Mexicans that work for pennies on the dollar. You can hire an Indian to work for the whole month for you for $600 in IT.

OK, then why are tax incentives being used to discourage offshoring?

OK, then why are tax incentives being used to discourage offshoring?
Offshoring is a nice way to get a healthy balance sheet. Then just wait for idiots like trump and the GQP to get back in power and lower the tax rate.
It’s a finance trick.

Offshoring is a nice way to get a healthy balance sheet. Then just wait for idiots like trump and the GQP to get back in power and lower the tax rate.
It’s a finance trick.

The OP is not discussing Trump policy.

Taiwan is an independent sovereign nation and has been such since 1949.
Taiwan laid claim to mainland China until the early 1990s. Then gave it up when they realized they had no chance of taking it over

As far as I recall, Hong Kong was under a lease agreement with the British government. This is not the same.

It was a 100 yr lease. After it ran out, China did not move right in and take over to run HK totally communist. When the Communist Party of China took over China, Taiwan was part of China. The defeated govt fled to Taiwan. China could have pursued those govt officials and the remainder of military defender onto Taiwan then as well as now. It is part of China.

It was a 100 yr lease. After it ran out, China did not move right in and take over to run HK totally communist. When the Communist Party of China took over China, Taiwan was part of China. The defeated govt fled to Taiwan. China could have pursued those govt officials and the remainder of military defender onto Taiwan then as well as now. It is part of China.
We will not agree on this. If Taiwan does not want to be part of China, that should be their right.

We will not agree on this. If Taiwan does not want to be part of China, that should be their right.

Those who took over Taiwan did so no diff than did the Comm Party take over China. To me, they each have a right to defend their position of claim. However, the world at large, the UN and the US does not recognize Taiwan as a sovereign nation. They do so recognize China. Taiwan has as much a right to China as they do Taiwan. One day, probably after both of us are gone, China will take over Taiwan. Taiwan is part of China.

Those who took over Taiwan did so no diff than did the Comm Party take over China. To me, they each have a right to defend their position of claim. However, the world at large, the UN and the US does not recognize Taiwan as a sovereign nation. They do so recognize China. Taiwan has as much a right to China as they do Taiwan. One day, probably after both of us are gone, China will take over Taiwan. Taiwan is part of China.
Like I said, there is no right to land; there is only if you can capture the land.

Like I said, there is no right to land; there is only if you can capture the land.
It's not just territory, it's all that is produced in that territory. Taiwan has a strong economy and is highly productive in large part because of its democratic identity. China has no right to to the Taiwan people. And the Taiwanese have made it clear that they do not want a Chinese identity. Thanks!!

That is the same attitude criminals have. It's yours if you can keep it.

That is the same attitude criminals have. It's yours if you can keep it.
Criminals are law breakers. What would happen if they could write the law?

Criminals are law breakers. What would happen if they could write the law?

Your imaginative hypothetical is a tad bit out of the realm of reality and, perhaps, of the topic. Please excuse my not giving you an answer.

Back
Top Bottom