• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

To all the Zimmer supporters...

spanky

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
You're never going to understand this but I'll say it anyway.

You just gave your opposition a martyr. Gun laws, in particular CCW will now be reassessed in many states.

You made your bed, now sleep in it for the next 10 years.

You think you won, you lost.

That's why I left conservative activism, just too many Goobers. I couldn't make excuses for them any more.

Whatever. A jury acquitted him, and under the law of Florida and the evidence presented it was the correct verdict.

I'm not of a mind to sacrifice a man's life for political reasons even if you were right, and you aren't.

You just gave your opposition a martyr. Gun laws, in particular CCW will now be reassessed in many states.

That's why I left conservative activism, just too many Goobers. I couldn't make excuses for them any more.

The law doesn't agree with you and your interpretation is flawed, as is your recounting of the facts

You honestly think that getting out of a truck and following is grounds for punching/smacking somebody in the face.

Spanky, get over it. Since you can't crow about the verdict, you're now saying there's some secret move to do away with CCW's. SCOTUS as already ruled. Give it a rest.

Spanky, get over it. Since you can't crow about the verdict, you're now saying there's some secret move to do away with CCW's. SCOTUS as already ruled. Give it a rest.

Tell that to CA.

You're missing my point and this is coming from a 2nd amend supporter and gun owner. Ihave a variety of handguns and an Uzi and Galil .223. I don't have a CCW because it's just impossible to get in the state I live in.

Gun opponents will use this is a means to get states to reassess their gun and CCW laws...and Fl will be the first.

My point is many of you think this is some kind of win because Zimm was a CCW holder and I'm telling you it is a long term loss.

Treyvon will be the next che guvera. Clothing line and all:

Trayvon Martin Justice T shirt Skittles Tee Brand New | eBay

This case definitely brought issues to the forefront of discourse that weren't there as much before. Stand your ground laws, self-defense laws in general, conceal carry laws, the structure of the "justice system", racial profiling, racism and so on. It reminds me of when voter suppression laws happened and then blacks came out strong to ensure that their voices were heard. The social implications of this case and the reactions of many conservative white people to it have ignited a lot of fires - political or otherwise.

You're missing my point and this is coming from a 2nd amend supporter and gun owner. Ihave a variety of handguns and an Uzi and Galil .223. I don't have a CCW because it's just impossible to get in the state I live in.

Gun opponents will use this is a means to get states to reassess their gun and CCW laws...and Fl will be the first.

My point is many of you think this is some kind of win because Zimm was a CCW holder and I'm telling you it is a long term loss.

I see. Well, I never thought this was a win for CCW. I thought it was a win for justice.

What if all states had the same draconian CCW laws as CA?

I think California's going to get slapped because its statute reads "may issue." Illinois just hashed this out and intentionally changed the wording to "will issue" because of SCOTUS's ruling.

This case definitely brought issues to the forefront of discourse that weren't there as much before. Stand your ground laws, self-defense laws in general, conceal carry laws, the structure of the "justice system", racial profiling, racism and so on. It reminds me of when voter suppression laws happened and then blacks came out strong to ensure that their voices were heard. The social implications of this case and the reactions of many conservative white people to it have ignited a lot of fires - political or otherwise.

And proponents of that have just been handed a martyr.

I see. Well, I never thought this was a win for CCW. I thought it was a win for justice.

I think California's going to get slapped because its statute reads "may issue." Illinois just hashed this out and intentionally changed the wording to "will issue" because of SCOTUS's ruling.

You haven't been reading the tea leaves.

I'm not a Zimmerman supporter. Nor am I a Martin supporter. I feel bad for the Martin family that they lost their son. I feel bad for Zimmerman that he was labeled as the "boogie man" du jour by the drum beaters in the "civil rights" groups. I feel bad that young Martin felt it necessary to beat the crap out of a guy. I feel worse that he chose a guy, who unfortunately for young Martin, was carrying a licensed firearm.

To say that this case will change the laws in every state is to say a person doesn't understand the Second or Tenth Amendments or the case law of the SCOTUS.

This was a very sad event for everyone involved, but it wasn't, and isn't, a case that is, or should, or will, be a referendum on race or concealed weapon carry. Except that is, by those that have no other basis for their arguments. There are more than enough reasons to discuss race issues, or weapons laws. To use this case as a catapult for either, lessens both.

Tell that to CA.

California has been ****ting on the 2nd amendment for long time and using any excuse what so ever to further **** on the 2nd amendment.The Zimmerman case will have no impact on CA.

I sought justice for an innocent man, has NOTHING to do with politics for me.

OMG GOD GUYS, Get over it. Everyone! It's over.

Absolute nonsense and misplaced alarmism. Florida's gun laws, specifically their Stand Your Ground law ended up having nothing to do with the not guilty verdict. In fact, by highlighting this aspect as important where it is not you demonstrate your misunderstanding of the case.

And proponents of that have just been handed a martyr.
It's true, in both the superficial and genuine sense. There will plenty of politicians who will now use Trayvon Martin superficially to advance their political causes. And there will also be plenty of activists and others who will genuinely use Martin's memory as motivation to enact change in the world so that there will be no more deaths like his.

So much whistling past the graveyard...it's sad.

he is dead but people want to kill him once again

But people are protesting in the 2 most anti-gun states in the country. So the OP got it backwards.

I THINK THEY ARE PROTESTING THAT TRAYVON MARTIN COULDN'T HAVE A GUN TOO. I mean, if they opposed Florida laws they'd be protesting in Florida, right?

Have you noticed how extremely careful the media has been to NOT mention that GZ would not have had the gun in NYC and likely convicted in California too - for which the protests are actually protesting in anti-gun jurisdictions.

I think riots and protests in THOSE states will more lean people towards wanting more rights to protect themselves against rioters and mobs. The more a small group or rioters is violent, destructive and makes threats, the more everyone else will want guns.

It's true, in both the superficial and genuine sense. There will plenty of politicians who will now use Trayvon Martin superficially to advance their political causes. And there will also be plenty of activists and others who will genuinely use Martin's memory as motivation to enact change in the world so that there will be no more deaths like his.

If parents want to prevent their child from ending up like young Mr. Martin, they need to teach them to not attack a person that is only walking behind them, and go straight home, or call the police instead of some girl. If a 17 y/o boy wants to confront a person that is walking behind them, they need to be prepared for the consequences. If they choose to attack the person walking behind them, they dang sure need to be made aware of the potential consequences, and then, maybe then, can anyone genuinely use Martin's memory as motivation to enact change in the world so that there will be no more deaths like his.

If that is what you are talking about, then I agree you. But for some reason, I don't think that's what you meant.

Last edited:

Yeah? How's Free Mumia! working out for them? :lamo

And politicians already used Martin. We have a POTUS and a Florida DA who used him as part of their re-election strategy. However, where it comes to the arena that counts - the court, Zimmerman is a superior martyr.

Back
Top Bottom