• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

To all the Zimmer supporters...

You're never going to understand this but I'll say it anyway.

You just gave your opposition a martyr. Gun laws, in particular CCW will now be reassessed in many states.

You made your bed, now sleep in it for the next 10 years.

You think you won, you lost.

That's why I left conservative activism, just too many Goobers. I couldn't make excuses for them any more.

:lamo :lamo :lamo

Still being wrong I see.

Where's the pictures of him smoking pot and growing it? Oh wait, that evidence was suppressed. . .

Should they decide to bring a civil suit, that evidence wont be.

You just gave your opposition a martyr. Gun laws, in particular CCW will now be reassessed in many states.

That's why I left conservative activism, just too many Goobers. I couldn't make excuses for them any more.

I was neither a supporter nor a detractor in the Zimmerman case. I pretty much ignored it and left it for a jury to decide.

But if you think the outcome of this trial is going to suddenly undermine both the determination and the voting power of 2nd Amendment supporters then you'd better think again.

This is not going to change a single mind in either camp. It will also not stop either camp in the battles over gun control legislation.

If parents want to prevent their child from ending up like young Mr. Martin, they need to teach them to not attack a person that is only walking behind them, and go straight home, or call the police instead of some girl. If a 17 y/o boy wants to confront a person that is walking behind them, they need to be prepared for the consequences. If they choose to attack the person walking behind them, they dang sure need to be made aware of the potential consequences, and then, maybe then, can anyone genuinely use Martin's memory as motivation to enact change in the world so that there will be no more deaths like his.
I'm sure all the black parents out there appreciate your advice on how to raise the sons you could give two ****s about, LOL.

If a pot smoking, gold tooth wearing, wantabe thug racist that sucker punched a man because he was concerned and given the job to look out for the safety of his neighborhood is your martyr then you are scraping the bottom of the barrel and the majority will think you are a joke and you are doing more damage to your cause then good

Give 'em enough rope...

I'm sure all the black parents out there appreciate your advice on how to raise the sons you could give two ****s about, LOL.

Actually I give way more than just two ****'s about every child in this country. I never stated a race in my post. Every parent needs to have this conversation with their kids.

But, if you want to perpetuate the racial angst, then that's your burden to bear, not mine.

One of the more overtly racist posts I've read here.

It's true, in both the superficial and genuine sense. There will plenty of politicians who will now use Trayvon Martin superficially to advance their political causes. And there will also be plenty of activists and others who will genuinely use Martin's memory as motivation to enact change in the world so that there will be no more deaths like his.

Unlikely. Natural selection is unstoppable :)

Actually I give way more than just two ****'s about every child in this country. I never stated a race in my post. Every parent needs to have this conversation with their kids.

But, if you want to perpetuate the racial angst, then that's your burden to bear, not mine.
Oh, you really think white parents need to have the same conversation with their kids as black parents need to after this verdict. LO****ingL to that one. And when it did it become cool to "not mention race" as if race isn't a factor in life. It is. Deal with it.

This case definitely brought issues to the forefront of discourse that weren't there as much before. Stand your ground laws, self-defense laws in general, conceal carry laws, the structure of the "justice system", racial profiling, racism and so on. It reminds me of when voter suppression laws happened and then blacks came out strong to ensure that their voices were heard. The social implications of this case and the reactions of many conservative white people to it have ignited a lot of fires - political or otherwise.

A bunch of gibberish, all of it. This case had nothing to do with racism, his defense was not stand your ground, and fighting concealed carry is a losing issue for your side. As for racial profiling, the citizens of the country should be able to pass judgment on people for whatever reason they desire. We are not the government and making us work on the same principle is violating our rights.

Oh, you really think white parents need to have the same conversation with their kids as black parents need to after this verdict. LO****ingL to that one. And when it did it become cool to "not mention race" as if race isn't a factor in life. It is. Deal with it.

And then you top the last one. Remarkable, and not in a good way.

The answer is YES, every parent, regardless of color, race, gender or creed should have such a conversation with their teens.

I sense a little anger and insecurity in your tone. You didn't "mention" race. You made your comment completely and solely about race. I would hope you could see the difference.

I sense a little anger and insecurity in your tone. You didn't "mention" race. You made your comment completely and solely about race. I would hope you could see the difference.
I sense a little delusion and stupidity in everything about what you've posted. Not only was my post not solely about race, even it was, what's the problem? Why are you so uncomfortable with race as the focus of a discussion?

so this is your martyr?

th.jpg

ht_trayvon_martin_photos_ll_130528_wg.jpg

can you not do any better?

Here's a slogan idea for you, take the skittles and watermelon tea T-Shirt and emblazon it with something like, "Lean for Trayvon" or "Purple Drank - not for a midnight stroll".

I'm not a Zimmerman supporter, I'm a supporter of jury trials and affording constitutional rights to all criminal defendants, whether I like them personally or not. Is this something liberals no longer believe in?

Btw, conservatives (or whatever) didn't do anything, a jury did.

Give 'em enough rope...

Back
Top Bottom