• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

To all Libs saying Iraqis don't want us there

easyt65

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Fox showed an Iraqi woman, seemingly somewhere between 60-70 years old, coming out of a polling place in Iraq yesterday, a purple finger denoting she had exercised her new right to vote. She noticed the camera and turned to speak. She said thankk goodness for the U.S., for our military, and for George Bush in helping them to get to 'this' point (to where they could hold free democratic elections in Iraq), as they would never have gotten that far without us. She then added that "whoever does not support the United States and George Bush could go to h@ll!"

I know bad news is what sells papers and gets people to watch the news, but the TRUTH about Iraq is NOT getting out. That is what ticks soldiers returning home the most! More hospitals and schools have opened up. Girls are going to school now. Soldiers play games with kids. School children sing songs in scholls praising our soldiers. These are just a few stories from my buddies coming back from there. I swear, our own news agencies are about as bad as Al Jazeera, the Al Qaeda News Network! No wonder our people at home are getting tired of the war, never seeing the rpogress we are making!

This woman is only 1 person in Iraq, but she speaks for the majority of the nation! The turnout for the Iraqi elections has been astounding, as in at a percentage WE have never seen - and we don't have to worry about roadside bombs, insurgents blosing up election sites, etc.! These are a people tired of being oppressed and hungry for democracy!

Our soldiers are not the equivalent of Hitler's Nazis or the genocidal Pol Pot regemists that slaughtered millions of their countrymen, as (D) Senator Dick Durbin has claimed! Our soldiers are NOT TERRORISTS, terrorizing women and children, as (D) Senator John F'ing Kerry has declared! They are liberators! They are defenders of freedom, protectors of US! They are men and women who have given up everything voluntarily to fight for this country, only to have pathetic pieces of cr@p like Kerry and Durbin attack them from behind at home while they face another enemy overseas!

I will even go 1 step further here:

I looked up the Legal definition of 'Treason', and this is what I found:

TREASON - This word imports a betraying, treachery, or breach of allegiance.

The Constitution of the United States, Art. III, defines treason against the United States to consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort. This offence is punished with death. By the same article of the Constitution, no person shall be convicted of treason, unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/t103.htm

By the legal letter of the law, anyone who 'gives aid and comfort to the enemy' is guiltyof treason. I am not saying they should be...I am not saying they would ever be found guilty of it...but by LEGAL DEFINITION, I suggest that the comments of John Kerry (Calling our troops terrorists), Dick Durbin ("Nazis, Pol Pot regemists" comment), (D) Senators Murtha (and Pelosi) who are declared we can not win the war, and the Chairman of the 2nd political party in the U.S. is declaring to the world that the U.S. can not win the war - all meet the legalistic requirement for the definition of 'Treason!

Mr. Dean's comments, for example, have become a rallying cry for the insurgents and terrorists trying to kill our troops, emboldening them to stay the course to outlast us!

The Democrat's response to bringing up the fact that they are attacking and villainizing our troops, calling them terrorists, eroding the resolve of our nation, and emboldening the terrorist is to wrap themselves in the flag and ridicule us for questioning their patriotism! Meanwhile, many Dems are running away from Dean as if he were a Leper, knowing darn well what damage he is doing and fearing a backlash from the American people! One (D) Senator even made the comment that Dean should Shut Up while another said he doesn't speak for him or the party. (Then why is he still chairman?)

The truth, though, and I am not talking the political truth, was seen by that one woman's comments as she exited the polls, voting in iraq's 1st true democratic election! We are making progress. We are winning! The Iraqis want us desperately to stay and see this through instead of abandoning them before the job is done, and they are extremely eager to get to a point where they can fullytake over themselves! They are getting there!

easyt65 said:
Fox showed an Iraqi woman, seemingly somewhere between 60-70 years old, coming out of a polling place in Iraq yesterday, a purple finger denoting she had exercised her new right to vote. She noticed the camera and turned to speak. She said thankk goodness for the U.S., for our military, and for George Bush in helping them to get to 'this' point (to where they could hold free democratic elections in Iraq), as they would never have gotten that far without us. She then added that "whoever does not support the United States and George Bush could go to h@ll!"

I know bad news is what sells papers and gets people to watch the news, but the TRUTH about Iraq is NOT getting out. That is what ticks soldiers returning home the most! More hospitals and schools have opened up. Girls are going to school now. Soldiers play games with kids. School children sing songs in scholls praising our soldiers. These are just a few stories from my buddies coming back from there. I swear, our own news agencies are about as bad as Al Jazeera, the Al Qaeda News Network! No wonder our people at home are getting tired of the war, never seeing the rpogress we are making!

This woman is only 1 person in Iraq, but she speaks for the majority of the nation! The turnout for the Iraqi elections has been astounding, as in at a percentage WE have never seen - and we don't have to worry about roadside bombs, insurgents blosing up election sites, etc.! These are a people tired of being oppressed and hungry for democracy!

Our soldiers are not the equivalent of Hitler's Nazis or the genocidal Pol Pot regemists that slaughtered millions of their countrymen, as (D) Senator Dick Durbin has claimed! Our soldiers are NOT TERRORISTS, terrorizing women and children, as (D) Senator John F'ing Kerry has declared! They are liberators! They are defenders of freedom, protectors of US! They are men and women who have given up everything voluntarily to fight for this country, only to have pathetic pieces of cr@p like Kerry and Durbin attack them from behind at home while they face another enemy overseas!

I will even go 1 step further here:

I looked up the Legal definition of 'Treason', and this is what I found:

TREASON - This word imports a betraying, treachery, or breach of allegiance.

The Constitution of the United States, Art. III, defines treason against the United States to consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid or comfort. This offence is punished with death. By the same article of the Constitution, no person shall be convicted of treason, unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/t103.htm

By the legal letter of the law, anyone who 'gives aid and comfort to the enemy' is guiltyof treason. I am not saying they should be...I am not saying they would ever be found guilty of it...but by LEGAL DEFINITION, I suggest that the comments of John Kerry (Calling our troops terrorists), Dick Durbin ("Nazis, Pol Pot regemists" comment), (D) Senators Murtha (and Pelosi) who are declared we can not win the war, and the Chairman of the 2nd political party in the U.S. is declaring to the world that the U.S. can not win the war - all meet the legalistic requirement for the definition of 'Treason!

Mr. Dean's comments, for example, have become a rallying cry for the insurgents and terrorists trying to kill our troops, emboldening them to stay the course to outlast us!

The Democrat's response to bringing up the fact that they are attacking and villainizing our troops, calling them terrorists, eroding the resolve of our nation, and emboldening the terrorist is to wrap themselves in the flag and ridicule us for questioning their patriotism! Meanwhile, many Dems are running away from Dean as if he were a Leper, knowing darn well what damage he is doing and fearing a backlash from the American people! One (D) Senator even made the comment that Dean should Shut Up while another said he doesn't speak for him or the party. (Then why is he still chairman?)

The truth, though, and I am not talking the political truth, was seen by that one woman's comments as she exited the polls, voting in iraq's 1st true democratic election! We are making progress. We are winning! The Iraqis want us desperately to stay and see this through instead of abandoning them before the job is done, and they are extremely eager to get to a point where they can fullytake over themselves! They are getting there!

For the most part I agree with you. But your going to get slammed. lol

easyt65 said:
This woman is only 1 person in Iraq, but she speaks for the majority of the nation!

That's a little bit of an inferential leap of logic, isn't it?

Originally posted by easyt65:
Welcome to Debate Politics. Do you know Stu Gahtze?

The enemy to whom Dean and Kerry, it can be argued, are giving 'aid and comfort' are the insurgents and terrorists. The Iranians and Syrians are sending troops, weapons, etc across the border, trying to kill our troops and win this war.

Dean's words that they are winning, that the U.S. can never win this war provides them with hope and a reason to continue to hold out, continue attacking and killing our troops, believeing they can and will outlast us.

A (D) Senator said yesterday that it must be doing the insurgents heart's good to see our own leaders saying we will not win, to see Americans fighting against themselves, and especially to see our politicians attacking our own troops!

The guys that are setting these bombs and continuing to try to kill our troops and Iraqis trying to rebuild their new Democratic Iraqi nation - THAT is who is getting 'aid and comfort' from Dean's and Kerry's words.

As far as the 'that 1 woman' comment, IMO, she represents a large population of the country, the country as a majority, based on the reactions I and my buds have seen across that country - the view you are NOT getting from the media and especially not from the Libs! She sums up the majority of the people's attitude towards Americans and their new found freedom!

Billo_Really said:
Welcome to Debate Politics. Do you know Stu Gahtze?

Thanks...and, no - I am afraid I am unfamiliar with Stu.

Thanks...and, no - I am afraid I am unfamiliar with Stu
Give it time.

Billo_Really said:
Give it time.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :thinking :2razz:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
It's all good. It's just that his name popped into my head as I was reading your first post. If you run in to some of his posts, no doubt you will see a passionate guy with similar ideals. That's all. Your comments are always welcome.

Thanks...I guess mine comes with the uniform.

If I am CNN or CBS with an agenda and want to show that the Iraqis want us out, I easily can slant a poll to give me that feedback.

Mr Iraqi, would you like:
A. The Americans out now
B. Have them hang around for years and years and years to come?

I took marketing and Advertising - they teach you how easy it is to manipulate polls to show/prove anyside of an argument. That is one reason Republicans do not try to LEAD/make decisions based on POLLS!

Where's Stu been lately, anyway? I miss his colorful commentary.

Caine said:
Well, why do polls conducted in Iraq suggest that a large number of people in the country still want us out of there??????

Also, on the 'leading by polls' thing -- Remember the Gulf War? Iraq invaded Kuwait, and our President sent in the military to liberate Kuwait.

Dems yelled 'war for oil' - we never got oil from that deal. We were defensing an Ally.

Most of the (D) politicians were totally against the war from Day 1....until the polls started showing the American people were behind the troops and the cause. Do you remember what the (D) politicians did at that point, weeks into the war? They stopped the normal session/schedule of Congress to have a special vote. The vote was to go back and amend the records (to re-write history) to show that they had ALWAYS been in support of the war, from Day 1. They did this with their re-election campaigns in mind. It was all a lie; however, because of the 'new polls', they ammended the historic records for the purpose of CYA!

I will NEVER forget that! It is pretty much what the Dems are doing today. There are ages and pages of quote after quote from leading Dems like Kerry, Hillary, and more making the case to take out Saddam hussein, proclaiming he 'has chemical and biological weapons and the will to use them'...and that is BEFORE 'W' got to the White House...and now they want to pull another 'Gulf War' and re-write history because of the polls, which they are manipulating if through nothing but the media's totally negative slant without getting any of the good news, successes, and progress stories out.

easyt65 said:
If I am CNN or CBS with an agenda and want to show that the Iraqis want us out, I easily can slant a poll to give me that feedback.

Mr Iraqi, would you like:
A. The Americans out now
B. Have them hang around for years and years and years to come?

I took marketing and Advertising - they teach you how easy it is to manipulate polls to show/prove anyside of an argument. That is one reason Republicans do not try to LEAD/make decisions based on POLLS!

Okay genious......whatever you say........

During my time in Iraq, the Iraqi's didn't seem to like us that much.
Especially cause soldiers like to chuck water bottles at them from moving LMTVs going 40 MPH and hit them in the head.....Ram them out of the way when a traffic jam occurs, ruining thier vehicles just because the soldiers were "in a hurry" to go pickup chow from the TOC.

Yes, if you had only been there during the first 12 months of the "war", you would understand, and be honest, soldiers aren't ALWAYS doing good things for the Iraqis.
Nobody has been honest about that type of action on this site but me.
So that leads me to believe that alot of soldiers want to keep that type of stuff covered up to make us look like such extremely heroic heros.. OR...

The 82nd ABN Div is the worst group of hateful satanists ive ever served with.

easyt65 said:
Also, on the 'leading by polls' thing -- Remember the Gulf War? Iraq invaded Kuwait, and our President sent in the military to liberate Kuwait.

Dems yelled 'war for oil' - we never got oil from that deal. We were defensing an Ally.

Most of the (D) politicians were totally against the war from Day 1....until the polls started showing the American people were behind the troops and the cause. Do you remember what the (D) politicians did at that point, weeks into the war? They stopped the normal session/schedule of Congress to have a special vote. The vote was to go back and amend the records (to re-write history) to show that they had ALWAYS been in support of the war, from Day 1. They did this with their re-election campaigns in mind. It was all a lie; however, because of the 'new polls', they ammended the historic records for the purpose of CYA!

I will NEVER forget that! It is pretty much what the Dems are doing today. There are ages and pages of quote after quote from leading Dems like Kerry, Hillary, and more making the case to take out Saddam hussein, proclaiming he 'has chemical and biological weapons and the will to use them'...and that is BEFORE 'W' got to the White House...and now they want to pull another 'Gulf War' and re-write history because of the polls, which they are manipulating if through nothing but the media's totally negative slant without getting any of the good news, successes, and progress stories out.

Not saying your wrong... but this sounds like a load of bull written by someone who has been manipulated by the likes of Hannity/Savage/ and Coulter....

Show me an unbiased news source that proves this to be true, and I'll apologize.

I can't speak for the 82nd, but I can speak for my time there and what I have seen, which is still on-going from time to time. I have never seen anything like youhave mentioned and would chew some @$$ if I did! That would not be tolerated! 'Integrity in all that we do."

As far as the 'special vote':

Sorry if you do not remember the 're-write history' stunt the politicians pulled back in the Gulf War, but it doesn't take away from the fact that it happened. The Dems were not alone - several GOP were right there with them. That is not a 'party' thing - it is an 'integrity' thing. Too manypeople are not willing to stand on their convictions - Dems AND GOP - they flip-flop back and forth, as the wind and the polls go!

As far as a link, man, the Gulf Wra was a long time ago. I have better things to do than look up things from years ago on Google to prove to people. You can look it up yourself, believe it, or not - makes no difference to me, and I don't need apologies. As I said, I will never forget it.

Last edited:
Caine said:
Well, why do polls conducted in Iraq suggest that a large number of people in the country still want us out of there??????

title: Most Iraqis oppose U.S. troops, poll says

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2005-12-12-iraq-us-force_x.htm

Some .....But not even close to the majority. The pol actually suggest most want us there. Why read the weaker negative numbers and not the stronger postive....

A fourth of those surveyed, 26%, say U.S. forces should leave now
The other half say U.S. troops should stay until security is restored, 31%, until Iraqi forces can operate independently, 16%, or longer, 5%.

Six in 10 say local security is good, up from half in February 2004.

a direct result of the US military training security forces

Two-thirds express confidence in the Iraqi army and in police.

More than six in 10 say they feel safe in their neighborhoods, up from 40% in June 2004.

This is a good thing.. not bad

A majority of both the Sunni and Shiite population say they favor a unified country, however

Again a good thing.....

More than two-thirds expect things in their country to get better in the coming months.

Good

44%, say their country is better off now than it was before the war

with a 2.5% margin of error this is pretyt much half.

All in all these seem to be a lot of pretty good numbers. Your not going to
get 100% of everything. We can't do that and were not in the middle of a war

:roll: Man, why'd you have to bring FACT up in a perfectly good debate on how the Iraqis hate us and want us out?!

;)

Calm2Chaos said:
Some .....But not even close to the majority. The pol actually suggest most want us there. Why read the weaker negative numbers and not the stronger postive....

A fourth of those surveyed, 26%, say U.S. forces should leave now
The other half say U.S. troops should stay until security is restored, 31%, until Iraqi forces can operate independently, 16%, or longer, 5%.

Six in 10 say local security is good, up from half in February 2004.

a direct result of the US military training security forces

Two-thirds express confidence in the Iraqi army and in police.

More than six in 10 say they feel safe in their neighborhoods, up from 40% in June 2004.

This is a good thing.. not bad

A majority of both the Sunni and Shiite population say they favor a unified country, however

Again a good thing.....

More than two-thirds expect things in their country to get better in the coming months.

Good

44%, say their country is better off now than it was before the war

with a 2.5% margin of error this is pretyt much half.

All in all these seem to be a lot of pretty good numbers. Your not going to
get 100% of everything. We can't do that and were not in the middle of a war

Yes, thats now...
Ask them the same question when we refuse to leave after thier new government and prime minister all vote and agree to ask us to leave...

I guarantee you the results will be different.

Caine said:
Yes, thats now...
Ask them the same question when we refuse to leave after thier new government and prime minister all vote and agree to ask us to leave...

I guarantee you the results will be different.

SO your telling the future? Comon now. You can't argue something that hasn't even had a chance to occur yet. There is positive in Iraq, just depends on how you want to look at it I guess

easyt65 said:
I can't speak for the 82nd, but I can speak for my time there and what I have seen, which is still on-going from time to time. I have never seen anything like youhave mentioned and would chew some @$$ if I did! That would not be tolerated! 'Integrity in all that we do."

As far as the 'special vote':

Sorry if you do not remember the 're-write history' stunt the politicians pulled back in the Gulf War, but it doesn't take away from the fact that it happened. The Dems were not alone - several GOP were right there with them. That is not a 'party' thing - it is an 'integrity' thing. Too manypeople are not willing to stand on their convictions - Dems AND GOP - they flip-flop back and forth, as the wind and the polls go!

As far as a link, man, the Gulf Wra was a long time ago. I have better things to do than look up things from years ago on Google to prove to people. You can look it up yourself, believe it, or not - makes no difference to me, and I don't need apologies. As I said, I will never forget it.

Not just the 82nd did that.... Let see here....
3rd ID....101st ABN.....Parts of 1st COSCOM from Ft. Bragg (I only know this one cause my brother is in this unit).......1st AD.......

I have witnessed and heard testimony (not the "legal kind") from people in these units who talk about shooting around Iraqis to scare them.... Beating thier detainees......Having sex with thier female interpreters (in the gang band sense)......Stealing from stores in Baghdad because they could "they had guns, Iraqi's didn't "....etc.

Im certain things like this have happened in your unit too... if your not from one of these groups..... Your just afraid to admit it.

easyt65 said:
:roll: Man, why'd you have to bring FACT up in a perfectly good debate on how the Iraqis hate us and want us out?!

;)

LOL Sorry bout that:3oops:

Calm2Chaos said:
SO your telling the future? Comon now. You can't argue something that hasn't even had a chance to occur yet. There is positive in Iraq, just depends on how you want to look at it I guess

There is PLENTY of positive in Iraq... and PLENTY of Negative......
Im not telling the future... because I don't know if they will vote to "kick us out" so to say.... But it has already been discussed by the news media through interviews with white house officials that we will not leave if they ask us to.

That has me concerned on why we are really there.

Back
Top Bottom