• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

To all Liberal Acolyte Applicants

The Real McCoy said:
So rapists and murderers will live forever if we don't execute them?

:lamo Nicely said :2funny:

So rapists and murderers will live forever if we don't execute them?

Nice Real McCoy. I don't think the State should have the power sentence a man to death just because you still believe in the outdated eye for an eye crap.

I don't favor gay marraige but I also don't favor Bush proposing unconstitutional amendments.

Agreed. I think that was more or less a political stunt than a real proposal.

Bustabush said:
Nice Real McCoy. I don't think the State should have the power sentence a man to death just because you still believe in the outdated eye for an eye crap.

You think my response indicates that I'm in favor of the death penalty?

BustaBush said:
Agreed. I think that was more or less a political stunt than a real proposal.

Exactly. Stir up the religious right just before the election. Genius.

Naughty Nurse said:
Please show us where anybody has supported the killing of innocent children. Or shut the phuck up.

He's talking about abortion supporters. Call it pro-choice all you want. It is child murdering. Hard to understand how you can be for the death of an unborn child, but will fight tooth and nail to keep a mass murderer/rapist alive.

As for the issue of the death penalty? Give the scum a fifty thousand volt electric enema as fast as possible. Why can Texas accomplish an execution in six years, but Californicate takes 20 =? Are they that slow or just that chicken sh!t?

Bustabush said:
I thought so... So what's your take?

Navy Pride said rapists and murderers should die.

I agree. They should die... after spending the rest of their lives in prison.

Everybody dies. No need to clog our courts and waste taxpayer money with 10, 15, even 20 years of appeals in order to execute them which is actually more expensive than paying for a life sentence. If one of my friends or family members were murdered, I'd want the killer to face the rest of his life in a jail cell.

It clearly isn't a deterrent.

I'm also not a fan of killing people unless they pose an immediate danger to the lives of others nor do I think the eye for an eye rhetoric belongs in the 21st century.

The Real McCoy said:
Navy Pride said rapists and murderers should die.

I agree. They should die... after spending the rest of their lives in prison.

Everybody dies. No need to clog our courts and waste taxpayer money with 10, 15, even 20 years of appeals in order to execute them which is actually more expensive than paying for a life sentence. If one of my friends or family members were murdered, I'd want the killer to face the rest of his life in a jail cell.

It clearly isn't a deterrent.

I'm also not a fan of killing people unless they pose an immediate danger to the lives of others nor do I think the eye for an eye rhetoric belongs in the 21st century.

Well, let's put it like this. Dead people don't escape. Living criminals can and do escape from prisons at times. Thus, it is more efficient to kill them.

Blue Collar Joe said:
He's talking about abortion supporters.

We're not abortion supporters so stop calling us that.

Blue Collar Joe said:
Call it pro-choice all you want.

I will. I'm pro-choice.

Blue Collar Joe said:
It is child murdering.

That's your opinion and is up for debate.

Blue Collar Joe said:
Hard to understand how you can be for the death of an unborn child

For the death of an unborn child? I assure you, I'm not. I'm for limiting the total amount oif abortions preformed. Making it illegal hardly accomplishes that goal, just like making drugs illegal has done anything productive in curbing the selling and use of drugs. Did you know abortions are at their lowest level since Roe v. Wade was passed? Christopher Hall had some interesting statistcs. Apparently Belgium (a pro-choice country) has the lowest abortion rates in the world (8 out of a thousand) while Peru (a country where abortion is illegal) has an abortion rate of about 52 out a thousand.

Blue Collar Joe said:
but will fight tooth and nail to keep a mass murderer/rapist alive.

Trust me, I do not fight tooth and nail to keep a mass murderer alive. I know some do but most of us don't attand protests outside of prisons about to execute someone. The death penalty is very low on my list of priorities.

Blue Collar Joe said:
As for the issue of the death penalty? Give the scum a fifty thousand volt electric enema as fast as possible. Why can Texas accomplish an execution in six years, but Californicate takes 20 =? Are they that slow or just that chicken sh!t?

Californicate. Nice. I think it's a combination of both.

Blue Collar Joe said:
Well, let's put it like this. Dead people don't escape. Living criminals can and do escape from prisons at times. Thus, it is more efficient to kill them.

The number of escapees is ridiculously low. I bet it's lower than the number of innocents executed.

The Real McCoy said:
The number of escapees is ridiculously low. I bet it's lower than the number of innocents executed.

Name five innocents that have been put to death. And on the issue of abortion, if it is a life threatening situation for the mother, then my opinion does shift. But as a method of birth control, no.
Glad you liked the Californicate.
If one murderer escapes from prison and kills an innocent, that is one too many.

Blue Collar Joe said:
Name five innocents that have been put to death.

1) Dobie Gillis Williams
2) Joseph O'Dell
3) Odell Barnes
4) Freddie Lee Wright
5) Jesse Tafero

"[T]each governments humanity. It is their sanguinary punishments which corrupt mankind. In England, the punishment in certain cases is, by hanging, drawing and quartering. . . . In France . . . the punishments were not less barbarous. . . . The effect of these cruel spectacles exhibited to the populace, is to destroy tenderness or excite revenge; and by the base and false idea of governing men by terror instead of reason, they become precedents. It is over the lowest class of mankind that government by terror is intended to operate, and it is on them that it operates to the worst effect. They . . . inflict in their turn the examples of terror they have been instructed to practice."
--Thomas Paine, The Rights of Man

Blue Collar Joe said:
And on the issue of abortion, if it is a life threatening situation for the mother, then my opinion does shift. But as a method of birth control, no.

Agreed.

Blue Collar Joe said:
If one murderer escapes from prison and kills an innocent, that is one too many.

If one innocent man is executed by the state that is one too many.

Last edited:
Dobie Gillis Williams - Williams was convicted based on evidence provided by his own confession. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dobie_Gillis_Williams

Joseph O'Dell
Joseph O'Dell's biggest claim was that it was a friend that borrowed his vehicle and did the deed. Unfortunately, his friend had a different blood type.
http://venus.soci.niu.edu/~archives/ABOLISH/june97/0217.html

Odell Barnes does bring some questions to light. But I'll withhold final beliefs.
http://www.quixote.org/ej/grip/reasonabledoubt/Odell Barnes Jr.html

Freddie Lee Wright
This is one of those wonderful he said/he said situations. Which is true? One of the witnesses was the mother of his child who admitted that Freddie told her he did it. Recanting the testimony later has little if any impact, as pressure could be what she caved to, in either situation.
http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/death/US/wright618.htm

Jesse Tafero
In this particular case, much like the one of Freddie Lee Wright, all those involved share equal responsibility as far as I am concerned. They change their story to fit the needs.
http://www.lairdcarlson.com/grip/Tafero/Case Summary.htm

One of the five that you presented brings up questions that would warrant more investigation. None of the others do so, as they are all criminals with a violent past. Also, the issue that the first was proven guilty.
And modern forensics is much more accurate than cases that were tried twenty odd years ago.

Blue Collar Joe said:
He's talking about abortion supporters. Call it pro-choice all you want. It is child murdering.

Um, no. Look up the definition of murder and the definition of child.

If you want to do something about abortion, start campaigning for effective sex education.

Safe sex education is easy. It's called abstinence and then a monogamous relationship.

Blue Collar Joe said:
Safe sex education is easy. It's called abstinence and then a monogamous relationship.

Nice concept. Shame it doesn't work in the real world.

@_girL........ said:
NP, dont you find it funny how people can support the killing of an innocent child, but not the killing of a psycho-pathic murderer/rapest?

Its the height of hypocrisy but what else is new.......

Navy Pride said:
Its the height of hypocrisy but what else is new.......

And that'll be from somebody who will agonise over abortions but not care if an innocent man is wrongfully executed by the state?

Naughty Nurse said:
And that'll be from somebody who will agonise over abortions but not care if an innocent man is wrongfully executed by the state?

Not true, I know of no one who wants to execute and innocent man......One thing for sure though every baby that is butched in the womb is innocent and has committed no crime against anyone......

Navy Pride said:
Not true, I know of no one who wants to execute and innocent man......

And I know of nobody who actually wants to abort a foetus, but that doesn't stop you thinking the worst of anybody who doesn't share your strong opposition to abortion, does it?

Navy Pride said:
One thing for sure though every baby that is butched in the womb is innocent and has committed no crime against anyone......

"butched" = made less feminine? :confused:

I assume you mean butchered. Every innocent person who is executed by the state is innocent and has committed no crime against anyone. Your point is????

Naughty Nurse said:
And I know of nobody who actually wants to abort a foetus, but that doesn't stop you thinking the worst of anybody who doesn't share your strong opposition to abortion, does it?

"butched" = made less feminine? :confused:

I assume you mean butchered. Every innocent person who is executed by the state is innocent and has committed no crime against anyone. Your point is????

What the hell are you talking about...........There are hundreds of innocent babies butchered in the womb every day........:confused: Somebody sure as hell must want to do it..........:roll:

Our form of government is not perfect but I believe it is the best one going...........I don't want to see any innocent person executed as I don't want to see every baby that is butchered in the womb executed.........

Navy Pride said:
Our form of government is not perfect but I believe it is the best one going

And it is that "best one going" government that has decided abortion is acceptable. Accept it.

Naughty Nurse said:
And it is that "best one going" government that has decided abortion is acceptable. Accept it.

Roe V Wade is flawed law..........It will be overturned and maybe very soon....Take it to the bank......

Navy Pride said:
Roe V Wade is flawed law..........It will be overturned and maybe very soon....Take it to the bank......

I certainly hope not. But hey, it's your country, not mine. You want to take it back to the dark ages, go for it. Think of all those little unwanted babies you'll be supporting with your tax dollars!!

Naughty Nurse said:
I certainly hope not. But hey, it's your country, not mine. You want to take it back to the dark ages, go for it. Think of all those little unwanted babies you'll be supporting with your tax dollars!!

If Roe V Wade is overturned abortion will revert back to the states where it belongs.......

I don't know what its like in the UK but here in the USA we have up to a 5 year waiting list for new borns............There are no unwanted babies here......

Navy Pride said:
I don't know what its like in the UK but here in the USA we have up to a 5 year waiting list for new borns............There are no unwanted babies here......

Well, I've tried various search terms and couldn't find any meaningful statistics, but as you are stating figures you abviously have sources, and I'd be grateful if you could share them.

Back
Top Bottom