• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tlaib vows, 'We're gonna impeach the motherf****r'

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Well the freshman class sure is different from others...Reap what you sow, GOP. You elect a bullies, so do others... That's how a democracy works.

"And when your son looks at you and says, 'Mama look, you won. Bullies don't win,' and I said, 'Baby, they don't,' because we're gonna go in there and we're going to impeach the motherf****r," Tlaib said Thursday, speaking of Trump, according to a video posted on Twitter by Nestor Ruiz, an activist with United We Dream.

Tlaib also penned an op-ed Thursday arguing that "the time for impeachment proceedings is now."
"President Donald Trump is a direct and serious threat to our country," she wrote in an op-ed published Thursday in the Detroit Free Press with John Bonifaz, co-founder of the nonprofit Free Speech For People. "On an almost daily basis, he attacks our Constitution, our democracy, the rule of law and the people who are in this country. His conduct has created a constitutional crisis that we must confront now."

New House Democrat Rashida Tlaib: 'We're gonna impeach the motherf****r'

Before you go nuts, this is what she ran on, and she won...

Too much, looks vindictive, will just embolden the right and make it easier for the Senate to reject the impeachment.
She won't be a "juror", she'll just be voting on impeachment...and the "trial" as it were, will be in the Senate, and the Senators are really the "jurors" in that analogy. They need to wait until Mueller is done, and it needs to be clearly laid out crimes that the Senate can't wiggle out of once we watch the Senate hold the "trial" of the century.

If they can't reach that bar, they should STFU about impeachment. They should try and work with reasonable Republican congress members, and at least get some easy things done for the country.

*Edit: I get her zeal, and the need to be rid of Trump, I sympathize, but it has to be done right, else, we're just acting like Republicans. And, if this all goes nowhere, but they do have plenty to impeach him on...but not enough to really turn the Senate, maybe they should still impeach if it's all they can do... I would not be broadcasting it though, because if they DO end up doing that, now it just looks like it was all intended from the beginning.

Last edited:
Too much, looks vindictive, will just embolden the right and make it easier for the Senate to reject the impeachment.
She won't be a "juror", she'll just be voting on impeachment...and the "trial" as it were, will be in the Senate, and the Senators are really the "jurors" in that analogy. They need to wait until Mueller is done, and it needs to be clearly laid out crimes that the Senate can't wiggle out of once we watch the Senate hold the "trial" of the century.

If they can't reach that bar, they should STFU about impeachment. They should try and work with reasonable Republican congress members, and at least get some easy things done for the country.

You beat me to it.

If hard, undeniable evidence of high crimes and misdemeanors is placed upon their desk, they have a solemn duty to impeach.

Until then, S.T.F.U. The newbies probably forgot the zeal the GOP had for impeaching Clinton and the great harm that ended up costing the GOP. "Those who forget the past........."

But, it is a concern that the longer Trump sits in the oval office the more he is going to screw up the nation. I'm not saying it should be placed on the back burner either.

But now is not that time. Let Mueller do his thing. If it comes back bad, they are obligated to do what we must do. If it doesn't come back bad, they have no egg on their face.

In the meantime, focus on getting the government back on track, (despite Comrade Trump's screw ups.) If they were smart, they would try to unify people again too. The "impeach NOW" crowd will do nothing to promote unity. That even turns off the moderate/center/center-left people.

American's all want a strong defense, jobs, roads, schools, services, old age security, education. Focus on that. I know that's going to piss off the oligarchs behind the GOP and they will spend a load of money trying to convince the simple minded that the GOP is on their side, but if we were better unified, kicking those people to the curb will be much easier.

Tlaib also penned an op-ed Thursday arguing that "the time for impeachment proceedings is now."
"President Donald Trump is a direct and serious threat to our country," she wrote in an op-ed published Thursday in the Detroit Free Press with John Bonifaz, co-founder of the nonprofit Free Speech For People. "On an almost daily basis, he attacks our Constitution, our democracy, the rule of law and the people who are in this country. His conduct has created a constitutional crisis that we must confront now."

... S.T.F.U. The newbies probably forgot the zeal the GOP had for impeaching Clinton and the great harm that ended up costing the GOP.

I agree that politically it's likely dumb (even though it's "cool" since it's not politically correct), but I think we all know what she said is right on.

*Edit: I get her zeal, and the need to be rid of Trump, I sympathize, but it has to be done right, else, we're just acting like Republicans. And, if this all goes nowhere, but they do have plenty to impeach him on...but not enough to really turn the Senate, maybe they should still impeach if it's all they can do... I would not be broadcasting it though, because if they DO end up doing that, now it just looks like it was all intended from the beginning.

The timing of any impeachment action is also very important (as I am sure that Mueller is fully aware). If done too soon it allows the republicants to run a full POTUS campaign (including a primary) with someone other than Trump. That is most likely not what Mueller, Pelosi or Schumer are after - they would much prefer to have the demorat POTUS candidate run against Trump or force the republicant replacement POTUS candidate (Pence?) to have insufficient time to run an effective 2020 campaign.

The timing of any impeachment action is also very important (as I am sure that Mueller is fully aware). If done too soon it allows the republicants to run a full POTUS campaign (including a primary) with someone other than Trump. That is most likely not what Mueller, Pelosi or Schumer are after - they would much prefer to have the demorat POTUS candidate run against Trump or force the republicant replacement POTUS candidate (Pence?) to have insufficient time to run an effective 2020 campaign.

That is a pretty good analysis.

Well the freshman class sure is different from others...Reap what you sow, GOP. You elect a bullies, so do others... That's how a democracy works.

It's interesting to note her character by the fact that she can't keep herself from being crass when talking to her(a) child. Also, Trump isn't going to be impeached. He'll go to 2020 and if Warren is on the ticket for the Dems he'll have a good chance of winning another 4 years.

But, it is a concern that the longer Trump sits in the oval office the more he is going to screw up the nation. I'm not saying it should be placed on the back burner either.

You don't like low unemployment, cheap gas, lower taxes, most progress with North Korea ever, less war, ect?

You don't like low unemployment, cheap gas, lower taxes, most progress with North Korea ever, less war, ect?

Yes, I do not know a time in our history when things were simultaneously going so well overall economically for so many Americans yet the American people despised one another more.

That is a pretty good analysis.

Some folks are predicting that the Mueller report will come "very soon". I am of the opposite opinion - it will come later to ensure that Trump is severely politically damaged after bulk of the 2020 primaries but before the general election debates whether he is impeached or not.

I like that you're introducing a new angle. I don't like that you seem to have said Mueller has an agenda here related to politics. That's just not the case. No evidence supports that, all evidence contradicts this, and it's against DOJ policy.

Mueller's report will be delivered when Mueller has completed it. (unless Trump tries to stop it)

Some folks are predicting that the Mueller report will come "very soon". I am of the opposite opinion - it will come later to ensure that Trump is severely politically damaged after bulk of the 2020 primaries but before the general election debates whether he is impeached or not.

At this point, it is anyone guess. I do NOT think Mueller is politically motivated and his actions are not determined by any political calendar. I do suspect that there are more indictments to come and trials after that. I would not expect any final report for at least until after the big boys are indicted.

Regarding impeachment, I would expect that if Trump is not impeached in 2019, then he will not be impeached in an election year.

Yes, I do not know a time in our history when things were simultaneously going so well overall economically for so many Americans yet the American people despised one another more.

Which is a problem when things turn and get tight as they always do.

Oh yea the last thing the dems want is to have Trump gone this early and full primary again in 2020 with 15 candidates for the GOP and dems. With Trump there they have an easy shot at the WH.

I pretty much can't wait for the Democrats to start the impeachment process. It will be the best thing that happened to this country since 1775 and when it's over, God willing, we'll have rid ourselves of the stench of the political class for another couple of hundred years.

It isnt going to come anytime soon. Mueller has gone back to talking to Flynn since his sentencing was delayed. They are going to try to get all they can out of him. Also I dont think they have even really begun to deal with Don Jr. I think it easily could take another year until they get to the president.

I like that you're introducing a new angle. I don't like that you seem to have said Mueller has an agenda here related to politics. That's just not the case. No evidence supports that, all evidence contradicts this, and it's against DOJ policy.

Mueller must rely very heavily on those working under/with him - those are mostly demorats and or career FBI/DOJ employees (some of which were caught displaying very blatant partisanship). Everyone knows that Mueller is not leading a 2016 POTUS campaign (Russian collusion?) investigation (things that happened 3 years ago) - it is a Trump and his associates investigation mostly for non-election related activity before and/or after the 2016 POTUS election. General corruption or scumbaggery (collusion?) could likely be found by the (long term with a huge staff) investigation of any major politician, their close associates and donors.

Oh yea the last thing the dems want is to have Trump gone this early and full primary again in 2020 with 15 candidates for the GOP and dems. With Trump there they have an easy shot at the WH.

Hmm... isn't that what Hillary and the MSM thought in 2016?

I pretty much can't wait for the Democrats to start the impeachment process. It will be the best thing that happened to this country since 1775 and when it's over, God willing, we'll have rid ourselves of the stench of the political class for another couple of hundred years.

And exactly how do you see it playing out with those results?

Hmm... isn't that what Hillary and the MSM thought in 2016?

Yes but I dont think anybody took it seriously that he could win. He would come close due to name recognition but not win. Now they know he can win so they will fight.

Yes but I dont think anybody took it seriously that he could win. He would come close due to name recognition but not win. Now they know he can win so they will fight.

And, of course, fully realize that they must run a better candidate and campaign.

And, of course, fully realize that they must run a better candidate and campaign.

Yes but with those on the right that dont like Trump it should be easier. Unless of course the libertarians and greens put up really decent contenders that could steal a lot of votes in critical states. Or Kasich runs as an indie.

And exactly how do you see it playing out with those results?

Have you ever played a Fallout game? I see it kind of like that only with less Deathclaws.

Seriously?

If Democrats choose to impeach (or even attempt to impeach) Trump for purely political reasons there will be severe political backlash as that will set a precedent for every future presidency. If they actually manage to get the process done and there is no proof that he cooperated with Russia in the 2016 election there will be blood in the streets.

Back
Top Bottom