• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

tips: remove cigarette odor

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
- First and foremost, open as many windows as possible to let in the fresh air. If possible, leave windows open all day. If it’s possible to keep the windows open on a daily basis, try to do so.

- To remove the smell from upholstered furniture, pour carpet freshener or baking soda directly onto the furniture and let stand overnight. Vacuum the furniture in the morning to remove any powder.

- To neutralize cigarette odors in the home, pour undiluted vinegar into a pot and warm over very low heat on the stove. Let the vinegar simmer for a couple of hours. A bowl of activated charcoal should produce the same results. Bowls of vinegar can also be placed in various rooms around the home to eliminate the aroma.

- To remove the smell from a garment, place the garment in a plastic bag along with two or three scented dryer sheets. For larger, heaver items, such as a heavy sweater or coat, place the item in a large trash bag and use five or six dryer sheets. Leave these in the bag for about two days, after which the garments should smell much better.

- To remove the smell from carpets and rugs, pour baking soda or carpet freshener all over the rug and let stand over night. Vacuum in the morning and the smell should be eliminated.

- To remove the smell of smoke from a car or other vehicle, leave a pot of vinegar in the vehicle overnight. Sprinkle the seats liberally with baking soda or carpet freshener and let sit overnight as well. Vacuum in the morning.

- If money isn’t an issue, using air purifiers or cleaners in different rooms will help to remove the smell from the home.

- If cigarette smoke has permeated washable garments, put them in the regular wash with the normal amount of detergent plus a half cup of vinegar. For those clothes that aren’t washable, ask the advice of your dry cleaner.

- An ashtray filled with baking soda will help to absorb the smoky odor from a cigarette.

- To freshen the air and eliminate odors, fill a pot with water and add slices of lemon, lime, orange and other citrus fruits. Let simmer all day and the house will smell wonderful!

- If the smell of smoke doesn’t come out of hair after regular shampooing, try adding a teaspoon of vinegar to your shampoo. Lather, rinse and repeat if necessary.

Once the smell of cigarettes permeates carpet, furniture or even clothes, it’s hard to remove. Since, with the exception of those who smoke, there are not many people who find this type of odor appealing, it’s best to deal with the smell as often as possible. If weather permits, open a window when you smoke. Better yet, keep the windows open as often as possible. Freshening the house with simmering vinegar once a week should keep the house smelling relatively clean. Be sure to use baking soda or a carpet freshener on a weekly basis, or as frequently as possible. The longer you let it go, the harder it will be to remove the odor. Make life pleasant for your friends and loved ones. If you must smoke and can’t go out doors, do what you can to neutralize the odors in your home.

Home cleaning tips: remove cigarette odor

Last edited:
Or you could just quit smoking and if you don't want to do that... don't smoke in your house or in your car. Oh. And you should probably remove all your clothing and shave your head. That way, no ciggy smell.

One of the benefits of quitting smoking.. no more smokey smell.

To remove tree sap, use tomato juice.

To remove tomato juice.... use tree sap. :)

Nah seriously, screw all that stuff. I smoke cigars. I therefore carry a faint wiff of cigar smoke about me most of the time. Deal with it, or don't and walk away, I don't much care... :mrgreen:

To remove tree sap, use tomato juice.

To remove tomato juice.... use tree sap. :)

Nah seriously, screw all that stuff. I smoke cigars. I therefore carry a faint wiff of cigar smoke about me most of the time. Deal with it, or don't and walk away, I don't much care... :mrgreen:

Mild cigar smell is sexy, imho.

Best way to remove tobacco odor? Smoke a joint. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom