• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time's Persons of the Year: Journalists

The understanding that the US government should stand up in defense of US residents and journalists can be qualified.

We did before.
We don't now.

It's clear that this is what Time is acknowledging makes K's death important. Our government has excused violence against critics and allowed for others to claim the right to do so.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

I appreciate that you believe things have changed. I wish I could. I need hard facts, stats, something quantifiable. Not feelgood crap.

To me, naming him is totally self serving BS unless we do something about his death.

I appreciate that you believe things have changed. I wish I could. I need hard facts, stats, something quantifiable. Not feelgood crap.

To me, naming him is totally self serving BS unless we do something about his death.
There is no feel good crap. Our government has never co-signed the murder of any journalist. This all changed with the reaction of the Trump administration. If there are other occasions where our government has sanctioned the murder of a journalist, please educate us.

I only know one such case.

There is no feel good crap. Our government has never co-signed the murder of any journalist. This all changed with the reaction of the Trump administration. If there are other occasions where our government has sanctioned the murder of a journalist, please educate us.

I only know one such case.

And nothing changed. Person of the Year is for making a difference, not firsts.

"We did something. We made him Person of the Year".

No. Not good enough. Self gratz rejected. Frankly, it's offensive that people would pretend they did something when they didn't. A magazine cover is not justice.

Last edited:
The crown prince was not installed by Krusher and Trump. But, he is a brutal dictator .. or rather heir apparent. When he gets in power there will be lots of issues.

Woodward and others reported material about MBS being supported for heir apparent by both Trump and Kushner.

So yes, with their support, he won out and is now the defacto crown prince.

Thanks to Kushner and Trump.

Woodward and others reported material about MBS being supported for heir apparent by both Trump and Kushner.

So yes, with their support, he won out and is now the defacto crown prince.

Thanks to Kushner and Trump.

He was heir apparent before Trump came into office.

He was heir apparent before Trump came into office.

MBN was crown prince. Until Kushner and Trump threw in their support. MBN was crown prince UNTIL 2017, when MBS replaced him.

Back
Top Bottom