• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

TIMES OF INDIA: Gaddafy: Europe should convert to Islam

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Mohmar Gaddhafi: Europe should convert to Islam
Link: Europe should convert to Islam: Gaddafi - Europe - World - The Times of India

I think Europe is already on the way ... Islam represents the highest number of converts in Europe (Christianity Today, c. 2008) and devout Muslims outnumber devout Christians in the UK, two to 1 (Daily Telegraph, c. 2009).

QUESTION: Should Europe convert to Islam? Is it beneficial? What abouts Women's rights? The rights of gays, lesbians and the transgendered? Amsterdam has the highest number of gay bars (per capita) in Europe ... would they have to close?

------------

The UK now has Sharia Courts operating throughout England, Scotland and Wales (there are no Sharia Courts in Northern Ireland) and France, Italy and Switzerland are about to give the ok for Sharia-compliance in 2011-2012.

The problem is: what about women, gays and those of the Jewish faith?

I think Europe is already on the way
I think you're an idiot.

The UK now has Sharia Courts operating throughout England, Scotland and Wales (there are no Sharia Courts in Northern Ireland) and France, Italy and Switzerland are about to give the ok for Sharia-compliance in 2011-2012.
Proof?

The problem is: what about women, gays and those of the Jewish faith?
The problem is overly-reactionary people who cant be bothered to pick up a book on the subject.

Statement by the Islamic Society of Europe:

Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi of the Islamic Society of Europe (ISE) has written:

"Homosexuality is a moral disorder. It is a moral disease, a sin and corruption... No person is born homosexual, just like no one is born a thief, a liar or murderer. People acquire these evil habits due to a lack of proper guidance and education. There are many reasons why it is forbidden in Islam. Homosexuality is dangerous for the health of the individuals and for the society. It is a main cause of one of the most harmful and fatal diseases. It is disgraceful for both men and women. It degrades a person. Islam teaches that men should be men and women should be women. Homosexuality deprives a man of his manhood and a woman of her womanhood. It is the most un-natural way of life. Homosexuality leads to the destruction of family life."

This statement has since disappeared from their website but was found by Gay Rights Watch.

British Muslim group Al-Muhajiroun.

According to GaydarNation, the British Muslim group Al-Muhajiroun issued a fatwa (religious decree) on July 16, 2009 against a Muslim homosexual rights group Al-Fatiha. The alleged fatwa said:

"The very existence of Al-Fatiha is illegitimate and the members of this organisation are apostates. Never will such an organisation be tolerated in Islam and never will the disease that it calls for be affiliated with a true Islamic society or individual. The Islamic ruling for such acts is death. It is a duty of the Muslims to prevent such evil conceptions being voiced in the public or private arena."

A spokesperson for Al-Fatiha said:

"Al-Fatiha has concluded that the statement from Al-Muhajiroun is only an alleged fatwa. We believe that it was only sent to press in the United Kingdom in reaction to the Al-Fatiha conference that was held in San Francisco, and Al-Fatiha’s participation in the San Francisco LGBT Pride Parade. But whether it is an official fatwa or not, the rhetoric used in the statement was extreme, and cause for concern."

And how are those quotes any different from the mainstream Christian perspective on homosexuality? Your scorn here seems suspiciously selective.

I think Europe is already on the way ...
I think your delusional if you believe that.

QUESTION: Should Europe convert to Islam?
You are implying that "Europe" (Do you mean the European Union?) has a State religion.

It doesn't.

I can't think of a single European country with a State religion. They are all basically secular, as far as I know. Multiple religions are free to be worshiped there. While I agree that ignorance and intolerance should be resisted, I am not willing to trade the freedom to worship religion for your personal piece-of-mind.

I hate all religion, the closest I can come to religion is Deism, which is not a religion.

OP, you're a Libertarian, why do you care what peoples religion is?

Islam = death to gays.

Care to debate the point?

Last edited:
Where have liberals refused to talk about it, look at some of my posts, I've condemned the Iranian government many times, you're just being blindly partisan in your attempt to score political points.

Is this a thread or a twitter feed?

Execution of women (249 were executed when this photo was taken). Those shot in the back of head were adulterers, lesbians and self-described "Islamic feminists".

http://standupforamerica.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/taliban-shooting-women.jpg?w=300&h=207

Liberals: *silent*
Conservatives: *silent*
Gays and Lesbians: OUTRAGED.

You're not interested in the rights of LGBT people Chickie, you're interested in making silly, racist, partisan flame threads. Everyone on DP, and I can't think of a single exception, feels outrage at the use of corporal and capital punishment against LGBT people in both the Islamic world and the world in general. Not everyone likes, approves of, or condones homosexuality, but I've never read anyone condoning violent repression yet you come on here as if your the first person it's occurred to that such treatment is barbaric. What arrogance, especially when you don't seem remotely bothered about the activities of the rampant homophobes closer to home.

You say liberals are finding common cause with extremist Islamists but can't find a single example of anyone condoning the oppression of LGBT people in the Islamic world. You, on the other hand, find common cause with some of the worst homophobes in the American right, such as Limbaugh, Palin, The Tea Party, Robertson etc. Who is the real collaborator with the homophobes?

In South Africa, the original dutch settlers brought in free blacks from northern Africa to work for them in the mines. They engaged a system known as apartheid which was designed to keep the majority Africans from having a say and eventually overwhelming the minority south Afrikans. This was of course viewed as an outrageous example of racism and the practice was eventually overturned. Eventually the majority did take power and control of South Africa.

If the muslims in Europe continue to procreate at a faster rate and immigrate to the coutnries in greater numbers, they will eventually represent a majority in those countries. At that time it is highly likely that in any democracy, they will dictate policy in those countries. I suspect the conversion will come a s a matter of course, not a matter of choice.

This isnt a declaration of whether it is 'right' or 'wrong', but it is certainly a potential reality, just as it is a reality that eventually the hispanics will be the dominant culture in America.

In South Africa, the original dutch settlers brought in free blacks from northern Africa to work for them in the mines. They engaged a system known as apartheid which was designed to keep the majority Africans from having a say and eventually overwhelming the minority south Afrikans. This was of course viewed as an outrageous example of racism and the practice was eventually overturned. Eventually the majority did take power and control of South Africa.

If the muslims in Europe continue to procreate at a faster rate and immigrate to the coutnries in greater numbers, they will eventually represent a majority in those countries. At that time it is highly likely that in any democracy, they will dictate policy in those countries. I suspect the conversion will come a s a matter of course, not a matter of choice.

This isnt a declaration of whether it is 'right' or 'wrong', but it is certainly a potential reality, just as it is a reality that eventually the hispanics will be the dominant culture in America.

Them's demographics for you. The fact is, the cultural and political impact of Europe on Moslem migrants is far greater than the cultural and political impact those migrants have on their host cultures. Hence, I have loads of atheist, gay and progressive friends whose families came from Moslem countries to settle in Britain, Holland, Germany and Spain. Cultural exchange is a two-way street.

On the Gaddafy/Berlusconi issue, it's a massive joke being played on the people of Italy. Berlusconi is only interested in the business deals of his corrupt cohorts, while Gaddafy is putting on a show for his mates in the Arab League. It's cynical, without a shred of popular support in Europe, and should be appreciated for the political theatre that it is. Did you read that all the attendees to Gaddafy's pronouncment were paid models and airline stewardesses? Hilarious.

I have a feeling that the Italian public maybe getting a little bit tired of the demagoguery of their tin-pot plutocrat. Elections soon, let's see what they say.

Last edited:
Them's demographics for you. The fact is, the cultural and political impact of Europe on Moslem migrants is far greater than the cultural and political impact those migrants have on their host cultures. Hence, I have loads of atheist, gay and progressive friends whose families came from Moslem countries to settle in Britain, Holland, Germany and Spain. Cultural exchange is a two-way street.
On the Gaddafy/Berlusconi issue, it's a massive joke being played on the people of Italy. Berlusconi is only interested in the business deals of his corrupt cohorts, while Gaddafy is putting on a show for his mates in the Arab League. It's cynical, without a shred of popular support in Europe, and should be appreciated for the political theatre that it is. Did you read that all the attendees to Gaddafy's pronouncment were paid models and airline stewardesses? Hilarious.

I have a feeling that the Italian public maybe getting a little bit tired of the demagoguery of their tin-pot plutocrat. Elections soon, let's see what they say.

You know the problem with those progressive folks you mention? They are part of the silent majority of Muslims that allow the minority to dictate the direction of their faith.

You may have seen it...I have never attacked the muslim faith. I have lived in 13 different middle eastern states and spent 4 years there and am the FIRST to say that not all or even close to a majority are the extreme fundamentalists. Most are truly good and honorable people. The problem is...they sit idly by while other slaughter not just the infidels, but members of their own faith. Whether people like the anaology or not is immaterial...the radicals ARE the action arm of the faith. And the silent majority allow the others to rule. They shouldnt be all comfy and complacent because they happen to live elsewhere.

This represnt Al- Qathafy's opinions not anybody else .
so you stretch it to Sharia, rights of homo ......ets
the president has his analysis .he might be wrong ,so discuss his ideas not anything else.

Mohmar Gaddhafi: Europe should convert to Islam
Link: Europe should convert to Islam: Gaddafi - Europe - World - The Times of India

I think Europe is already on the way ... Islam represents the highest number of converts in Europe (Christianity Today, c. 2008) and devout Muslims outnumber devout Christians in the UK, two to 1 (Daily Telegraph, c. 2009).

QUESTION: Should Europe convert to Islam? Is it beneficial? What abouts Women's rights? The rights of gays, lesbians and the transgendered? Amsterdam has the highest number of gay bars (per capita) in Europe ... would they have to close?

I would think that if Europe want and is converting to Islam, then that is their choice. They have the right to convert and they will have to detail with the consequences of those actions. So if they become more stringent countries, then yes some gay bars would close, or rights of gays and women may be removed. Again, this is their choice. they are free to do this. However, I don't think conversion here would look the same as conversion elsewhere. Europe is to progressive to just negate all the history they have.

Back
Top Bottom