• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time: Your preference

Time: Your preference

• Total voters
The Army makes me say 24.

12 hours before mid-day, and 12 hours after mid-day.

Latin trumps mil-speak.

As God intended. He also intended for leading zeros to be truncated.

military time = less confusion

When I spent time in Europe I found that most of them there use the 24 hour preference.

I don't know if this is true, but I have been told that referring to 24 hour time as "military time" is uniquely American.

Presumably because in America it's traditionally only been used by the military... and a few other non-conformists such as myself.

Meh, I'm accustomed to both.
Multiple, previous employers (non military) have used the 24hr system, it's easy to translate into the 12 system.
Was watching an episode of Hogan's Heroes last night and got to see Col Crittendon's method for translating 24 time to 12 hour time. I don't remember exactly, but it went something like this...

2400 hrs... 2 + 4 is 6... 6 goes into 24 4 times... 6 + 4 is 10... hence, 2400 hrs is 10 o'clock.

:lamo

Was watching an episode of Hogan's Heroes last night and got to see Col Crittendon's method for translating 24 time to 12 hour time. I don't remember exactly, but it went something like this...

2400 hrs... 2 + 4 is 6... 6 goes into 24 4 times... 6 + 4 is 10... hence, 2400 hrs is 10 o'clock.

The software we use at work is done in all 24 hrs.
It's so natural now, really don't notice translating, we just do it,

My trick is take the last digit subtract 2 and drop the first digit. So for 13:00, 3-2 = 1:00. Though after a while you just get used to it. Quebec uses 24-hour time so I have gotten rather used to it after two years.

Back
Top Bottom