• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time to redistribute the wealth . It's only fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbander

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Here's the deal, it can all be done with tax law,. It is how all the wealth is going to the top now and it can be changed easily to have it go to the people who actually do the work and to the poor to give them some sort of life for working their asses off. Simple as pie. Since the last 40 years everything has gone to the top with massive increases of wealth going to the already wealthy and not one dime extra and in fact a loss for the American worker. So my proposal to be fair, is to turn it around totally for the next 40 years and all new wealth going to the people who actually work for a living , that include the working poor that get ****. These wealthy pigs don't earn it, deserve it or need it. And all you suckers that's real capitalism.

even if that were totally fair, there are not anywhere near enough people in actual power positions that would go along with it, making the only way to enact such a thing revolution... and in using revolution to enact it even if it were possible, you very easily could destroy what you seek.

plus rich people do work, pretty hard in most cases, unless they are just inheritors or trust fund babies.

Last edited:
Here's the deal, it can all be done with tax law,. It is how all the wealth is going to the top now and it can be changed easily to have it go to the people who actually do the work and to the poor to give them some sort of life for working their asses off. Simple as pie. Since the last 40 years everything has gone to the top with massive increases of wealth going to the already wealthy and not one dime extra and in fact a loss for the American worker. So my proposal to be fair, is to turn it around totally for the next 40 years and all new wealth going to the people who actually work for a living , that include the working poor that get ****. These wealthy pigs don't earn it, deserve it or need it. And all you suckers that's real capitalism.

Please explain to us how you would take away Jeff Bezos' wealth? Why doesn't he deserve the benefits of what he created.

You love AOC, don't you?

Anyway, keep this in mind: The more you try to take away from the wealthy, the more they will do to protect their wealth. Eventually, you won't be able to get your grubby mitts on their wealth...and it won't take 40 years for that to happen.

How exactly is taking the property from one to give another "fair"? Also, 70% of lottery winners go broke within 5 years. We would eventually be right back to where we are currently in 10 years at the most. I don't see how tanking our entire economy is a good idea.

How exactly is taking the property from one to give another "fair"? Also, 70% of lottery winners go broke within 5 years. We would eventually be right back to where we are currently in 10 years at the most. I don't see how tanking our entire economy is a good idea.

The definition of "fair" depends on just how envious a thief really is....

Give me everything you own, right now. It isn't fair you have what you have and I don't. Give it all to me, now!

How much should he pay?...20%?..15%....Zero.....

On his income whatever the tax rate is. I am a proponent of higher marginal rates for higher incomes. On his stock wealth,depends on when if ever he sells.

No... just no. I'm not going to be part of mass theft, aside from some of the more outstanding standards for taxation that our country already has.

Many of the people who have such money, have it because they are the ones who earned it. Either through the work that they placed into obtaining, or by taking on all of the risk in trying to accrue it.

Better yet all the lazy drones that think the government should support them need to get off their collective asses and get a job. They can build their own wealth.

even if that were totally fair, there are not anywhere near enough people in actual power positions that would go along with it, making the only way to enact such a thing revolution... and in using revolution to enact it even if it were possible, you very easily could destroy what you seek.

plus rich people do work, pretty hard in most cases, unless they are just inheritors or trust fund babies.
If you can put together a tax structure that puts every dime of new wealth of a country into the hands of the rich , tell me then why you can't do the opposite. There will be no revolution that I advocate. Jobs that are set up to make profit by paying non livable wages are simply wrong. It forces everyone else to pay for the workers subsistence with tax dollars and that is ridiculous . Why should tax money be the way for a company to have a profit. I mean talks about welfare.

Please explain to us how you would take away Jeff Bezos' wealth? Why doesn't he deserve the benefits of what he created.
I'm Not advocating taking away anything, tell me when I said that. Changing tax structure is giving the benefit to those who deserve it. From those that don't need it, earn it or deserve it. They got there free ride for 40 years now it is the workers chance for the next 40 years , seems fair to me.

all of this is nonsense. Lottery winners. Wages that you can't live on forcing me to have my tax money payed for the profit of some company is simply wrong. So you believe in no taxes. Tell me how that will work. Taxes do nothing except picks winners and losers and the way it is set up now, every new dollar in wealth goes to the top.

The definition of "fair" depends on just how envious a thief really is....
That won't wash here , we don't except nonsense. Bring something or go away. Again your advocating no taxes.

Better yet all the lazy drones that think the government should support them need to get off their collective asses and get a job. They can build their own wealth.

Nah those lazy drones jobs are filled by Latino Workers...Some legal...Some Not

On his income whatever the tax rate is. I am a proponent of higher marginal rates for higher incomes. On his stock wealth,depends on when if ever he sells.

I'm getting the impression many Right Wing types want to Pay NO taxes yet enjoy the benefits of others who have...Get rid of the off shore Tax dodges and Swiss Bank accounts and start from there

I'm Not advocating taking away anything, tell me when I said that. Changing tax structure is giving the benefit to those who deserve it. From those that don't need it, earn it or deserve it. They got there free ride for 40 years now it is the workers chance for the next 40 years , seems fair to me.

If you don't understand what you wrote far be for me to explain it to you. What free 40 year ride did Bezos get exactly?

His fair share, the same % as everyone else.
tell me a civilized country that does that, Its done only in the eastern block country's, it's successful for business at the expense of everyone else. Our tax structure now is not bad for a economy, if you exclude what everyone but the rich gain from it.

Why is this fair again? These people as a whole contributed what to equal the work done by the others? These contributions are measured by what? I'm just curious. Why is it fair that joe schmoe who never gets off his couch earns the same as chuck the worker who does two shifts a day? Maybe the guy who invented the vaccine saving billions of lives only spent a year at work and should really only get about 34k.

What's fair?

Give me everything you own, right now. It isn't fair you have what you have and I don't. Give it all to me, now!
Not advocating any type of take away of money from anyone, Taxes make winners and losers in this country and in all countries. The last 40 years it has all gone to the top, I'm simply advocating a tax rate that gives it all to the middle class and poor for the next 40 years, fair is fair.

No... just no. I'm not going to be part of mass theft, aside from some of the more outstanding standards for taxation that our country already has.

Many of the people who have such money, have it because they are the ones who earned it. Either through the work that they placed into obtaining, or by taking on all of the risk in trying to accrue it.
so taxes are now theft, nonsense won't work here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom