• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time to redistribute the wealth . It's only fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
tell me a civilized country that does that, Its done only in the eastern block country's, it's successful for business at the expense of everyone else. Our tax structure now is not bad for a economy, if you exclude what everyone but the rich gain from it.

We have the most progressive tax system in the world with the rich paying the vast majority of taxes. The idea that somehow the rich aren't paying their "fair" share in the US is contrary to reality.

How about we redistribute the work load. Work or starve.

Here's the deal, it can all be done with tax law,. It is how all the wealth is going to the top now and it can be changed easily to have it go to the people who actually do the work and to the poor to give them some sort of life for working their asses off. Simple as pie. Since the last 40 years everything has gone to the top with massive increases of wealth going to the already wealthy and not one dime extra and in fact a loss for the American worker. So my proposal to be fair, is to turn it around totally for the next 40 years and all new wealth going to the people who actually work for a living , that include the working poor that get ****. These wealthy pigs don't earn it, deserve it or need it. And all you suckers that's real capitalism.

I agree 100% And I think it's time for a AOC's tax plan to become law

How exactly is taking the property from one to give another "fair"? Also, 70% of lottery winners go broke within 5 years. We would eventually be right back to where we are currently in 10 years at the most. I don't see how tanking our entire economy is a good idea.

We have been taking and redistributing America's wealth, property and income from the Trail of Tears, to the Homestead Act, to income tax, to National Parks, to the New Deal, to property tax, to Medicare, to even vehicle registration fees. Nothing new. Economy hasn't tanked.

How about we redistribute the work load. Work or starve.

How about getting a lot of corporations and companies willing to train people. On just about every job application I read it says 2 years experience Etc

We have been taking and redistributing America's wealth, property and income from the Trail of Tears, to the Homestead Act, to income tax, to National Parks, to the New Deal, to property tax, to even vehicle registration fees. Nothing new. Economy hasn't tanked.

No but the standard of living is not as good as it was when I left High School and the rich CEOs etc -- the income gap between the rich and poor is getting wider and wider and wider and wider something has to give we have to put a stop to this

No but the standard of living is not as good as it was when I left High School and the rich CEOs etc -- the income gap between the rich and poor is getting wider and wider and wider and wider something has to give we have to put a stop to this

Correct. We have been distributing income up for a while, with even Trump recognozing that and apparently lying about what he was to do about it. Minimum wage has lost 9-10% of its power in the last decade. Profits, capital gains, inheritances taxed at lower rates than salaries. Recent GOP tax cuts for individuals apparently expire in a number of years. Cuts in same bill to corporations don't. Why are we not surprised?

How about getting a lot of corporations and companies willing to train people. On just about every job application I read it says 2 years experience Etc

If you are educated with at least a HS diploma and do OK on the ASVAB the military will train you.

Here's the deal, it can all be done with tax law,. It is how all the wealth is going to the top now and it can be changed easily to have it go to the people who actually do the work and to the poor to give them some sort of life for working their asses off. Simple as pie. Since the last 40 years everything has gone to the top with massive increases of wealth going to the already wealthy and not one dime extra and in fact a loss for the American worker. So my proposal to be fair, is to turn it around totally for the next 40 years and all new wealth going to the people who actually work for a living , that include the working poor that get ****. These wealthy pigs don't earn it, deserve it or need it. And all you suckers that's real capitalism.

When are y'all going to get it through your heads, that communism doesn't work?

Or Sweden, or much of the New Deal US.

Sweden taxes everybody, not just the rich folks. I think the Democrats should do exactly that. Go ahead and apply a Federal income tax of 52% on someone who makes $50,000 a year and see how it goes.

In Many countries the Rich pay little or nothing ...Surround themselves with armed guards behind gated mansions, while 90% of the populace struggles with daily survival....America can do better, but under trump will it?

Well here, in the US the rich pretty much pay for for the federal Government.

The top 10 percent of income earners, those having an adjusted gross income over $138,031, pay about 70.6 percent of federal income taxes About 1.7 million Americans, less than 1 percent of our population, pay 70.6 percent of federal income taxes.

And such. So? Doesn't truly effect your life or mine. Eventually they are mortal, and their heirs will lose control of that wealth, others will gain it. Doesn't really matter for most people. Just a talking point for those who want to make a grab. Everyone wants to be rich, and prays for a rich uncle to die. :)

So, you ask me when a small group had controlled massive wealth, I tell you and your best answer is to change the subject to...

Well, how does that affect the peasants?

That's funny.

If you can put together a tax structure that puts every dime of new wealth of a country into the hands of the rich , tell me then why you can't do the opposite. There will be no revolution that I advocate. Jobs that are set up to make profit by paying non livable wages are simply wrong. It forces everyone else to pay for the workers subsistence with tax dollars and that is ridiculous . Why should tax money be the way for a company to have a profit. I mean talks about welfare.

That would suck. It's a good thing The United States doesn't have that.

So, you ask me when a small group had controlled massive wealth, I tell you and your best answer is to change the subject to...

Well, how does that affect the peasants?

That's funny.

It is the same subject.

Sweden taxes everybody, not just the rich folks. I think the Democrats should do exactly that. Go ahead and apply a Federal income tax of 52% on someone who makes $50,000 a year and see how it goes.

Plus a 25 % VAT.

Democrats should be honest about where to get the money to pay for all the free stufff, not some vooddo BS about taxing rich people. Doesn't add up- but it sound good. Who isn't for taxing somebody ELSE?

Plus a 25 % VAT.

Democrats should be honest about where to get the money to pay for all the free stufff, not some vooddo BS about taxing rich people. Doesn't add up- but it sound good. Who isn't for taxing somebody ELSE?

I would LOVE to see the Democrats pass a tax bill that taxed a person making $20,000 a year at 25%, no refund to be had. The political fallout would be hilarious.

We already knew all you have is some kind of smart ass bull****. :lamo

Amway has some excellent products. You should try some.

If you are educated with at least a HS diploma and do OK on the ASVAB the military will train you.

Not if you are over 28, or whatever the cut off age is. Not everyone can join, either. So, that's not a complete solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom