• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time to redistribute the wealth . It's only fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better yet all the lazy drones that think the government should support them need to get off their collective asses and get a job. They can build their own wealth.
They are getting welfare because of being paid a non livable wage, that has to be supported by tax money, that's whats wrong .not feeding and housing these working poor.

I'm getting the impression many Right Wing types want to Pay NO taxes yet enjoy the benefits of others who have...Get rid of the off shore Tax dodges and Swiss Bank accounts and start from there
I can come close to balance the budget with tax breaks for the wealthy.

I'm getting the impression many Right Wing types want to Pay NO taxes yet enjoy the benefits of others who have...Get rid of the off shore Tax dodges and Swiss Bank accounts and start from there

I have NO idea what many right wing types want. As a liberal of the boomer generation, not a millennial progressive I do believe in a progressive tax system. Not sure either party wants to tick off their rich donors who keep them in office.

If you don't understand what you wrote far be for me to explain it to you. What free 40 year ride did Bezos get exactly?
who in the hell is talking about Bezos. If you have nothing to add just go away. Done with nonsense.

Why is this fair again? These people as a whole contributed what to equal the work done by the others? These contributions are measured by what? I'm just curious. Why is it fair that joe schmoe who never gets off his couch earns the same as chuck the worker who does two shifts a day? Maybe the guy who invented the vaccine saving billions of lives only spent a year at work and should really only get about 34k.

What's fair?
Nonsense not in anyway talking at all about people who don't work and can. That number is very small.

Not advocating any type of take away of money from anyone, Taxes make winners and losers in this country and in all countries. The last 40 years it has all gone to the top, I'm simply advocating a tax rate that gives it all to the middle class and poor for the next 40 years, fair is fair.

BS. You are advocating confiscatory taxation. Who the hell said life is fair?

Nonsense not in anyway talking at all about people who don't work and can. That number is very small.

As an employer, no. It's not a small number. I work very hard to feed 6 families every day minimum. It amazes me on a daily basis how many folks can't work for 14 bucks an hour

I have NO idea what many right wing types want. As a liberal of the boomer generation, not a millennial progressive I do believe in a progressive tax system. Not sure either party wants to tick off their rich donors who keep them in office.
Many democratic wealthy have advocated for higher taxes . The democrats will raise taxes if needed , like now. The Right using the promise of tax cuts for everyone , to entice the people who think they deserve it all to vote for them. So just being a wealthy democrat is suporting much of what i'm saying the rights wealthy think they deserve it all.

Many want to pay NO taxes...Citing some Libertarian Bull****......Under trump every loophole imaginable is in place for them to achieve that goal and place the tax burden on the middle class....

As an employer, no. It's not a small number. I work very hard to feed 6 families every day minimum. It amazes me on a daily basis how many folks can't work for 14 bucks an hour
Tell me one wage group that doesn't gripe.

Many want to pay NO taxes...Citing some Libertarian Bull****......Under trump every loophole imaginable is in place for them to achieve that goal and place the tax burden on the middle class....
There plan is to destroy our system but to keep the tax rate that the wealthy get it all and then demand that the problem is our safety net, to cut programs to transfer to the wealthy that tax savings

Here's the deal, it can all be done with tax law,. It is how all the wealth is going to the top now and it can be changed easily to have it go to the people who actually do the work and to the poor to give them some sort of life for working their asses off. Simple as pie. Since the last 40 years everything has gone to the top with massive increases of wealth going to the already wealthy and not one dime extra and in fact a loss for the American worker. So my proposal to be fair, is to turn it around totally for the next 40 years and all new wealth going to the people who actually work for a living , that include the working poor that get ****. These wealthy pigs don't earn it, deserve it or need it. And all you suckers that's real capitalism.
Here's the deal: left us know when Soros, the Clinton's , Pelosi, Warren, the Obamas, etc. decide to " redistribute" THEIR OWN WEALTH.

There plan is to destroy our system but to keep the tax rate that the wealthy get it all and then demand that the problem is our safety net, to cut programs to transfer to the wealthy that tax savings

In Many countries the Rich pay little or nothing ...Surround themselves with armed guards behind gated mansions, while 90% of the populace struggles with daily survival....America can do better, but under trump will it?

BS. You are advocating confiscatory taxation. Who the hell said life is fair?
Funny, so are there any taxes that are not confiscating . Your getting no way here suggesting not to have taxes.

Here's the deal: left us know when Soros, the Clinton's , Pelosi, Warren, the Obamas, etc. decide to " redistribute" THEIR OWN WEALTH.

They have all advocated for a revamp of the Tax system...Unlike your hero trump

If you don't contribute go. What I'm saying is for them as much as anyone. The difference is they don't think they should get it all, they will share , your lowlife wealthy think they deserve it all, but they don't/

Here's what really gonna happen.

Money is going to continue to flow up until there's about a 10,000 people that control most of the money. We've been heading in that direction for decades and it will not stop.

Funny, so are there any taxes that are not confiscating . Your getting no way here suggesting not to have taxes.

Strawman response. In this country taxes are to pay for services rendered, not wealth redistribution. There is a difference between taxes and confiscatory taxes. Taxes that confiscated profits from the rum industry by King George led to the American Revolution, because they were confiscatory to pay for his wars. Those who rebelled established a government financed by taxes, attempting to make those taxes acceptable to the constituency, which at the time was composed of the land owning wealthy. Don't try your feeble lies about my suggesting we not have taxes, again. You have shown yourself to be dishonest and promoting thievery.

If you don't contribute go. What I'm saying is for them as much as anyone. The difference is they don't think they should get it all, they will share , your lowlife wealthy think they deserve it all, but they don't/

Being wealthy is not being either lowlife or evil. Stuff it.

Here's what really gonna happen.

Money is going to continue to flow up until there's about a 10,000 people that control most of the money. We've been heading in that direction for decades and it will not stop.

When during history did not a small minority control the wealth of this world?

When during history did not a small minority control the wealth of this world?

you mean like kings and queens and such?

anyway, there are 62 people that have as much wealth as the bottom 50% of people. and it's gonna get much, much worse.

1.jpg

you mean like kings and queens and such?

anyway, there are 62 people that have as much wealth as the bottom 50% of people. and it's gonna get much, much worse.

And such. So? Doesn't truly effect your life or mine. Eventually they are mortal, and their heirs will lose control of that wealth, others will gain it. Doesn't really matter for most people. Just a talking point for those who want to make a grab. Everyone wants to be rich, and prays for a rich uncle to die. :)

all of this is nonsense. Lottery winners. Wages that you can't live on forcing me to have my tax money payed for the profit of some company is simply wrong. So you believe in no taxes. Tell me how that will work. Taxes do nothing except picks winners and losers and the way it is set up now, every new dollar in wealth goes to the top.

Where have I stated such? Taxes to pay for the necessary functions of government are acceptable and needed, taxes for the purposes of redistribution are theft and a civil rights violation in my opinion. If you argument is against corporate subsidies, I wholeheartedly agree with you as a business should live and die by it's own merits not supported through taxation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom