• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time to eliminate the battleground states

And thus the new battleground states would be California, ny and Illinois
Not supported by math and reasoning.

Why do you only mention the supposed battleground states you think are liberal states, and not conservative ones such as Texas?

They would never go to Wyoming
As if they focus on Wyoming with the current unfair system.

Not supported by math and reasoning.

Why do you only mention the supposed battleground states you think are liberal states, and not conservative ones such as Texas?

As if they focus on Wyoming with the current unfair system.
Include texas. But you are just changing the battleground states

The difference between rural areas having their voice heard and being told to shut up and color.
All areas would have equally valuable votes. Rural areas would combine their votes just as they currently do with the unequal voting-power system.

Include texas. But you are just changing the battleground states
You can say easily and falsely say that. You haven't supported it with math and solid reasoning.

The difference between rural areas having their voice heard and being told to shut up and color.

In a national election it doesn't matter if you live on a farm or in a city....one person = one vote.

Where? "In this thread" is not a good reply. Do some simple math. Let the math results guide your commentary.
Which states would politicians favor? Be honest

Which states would politicians favor? Be honest
States would mostly be a moot point.

All voting systems focus on voters. The Electoral College results in the focus being on a handful of states. That has resulted in a tiny percentage of votes being very valuable. Battleground states' votes are worth something like 1000x the other states' votes. Therefore, the unequal voting-power of the Electoral College is further magnified.

Thanks for helping me come up with more points; not that they're needed.

States would mostly be a moot point.

All voting systems focus on voters. The Electoral College results in the focus being on a handful of states. That has resulted in a tiny percentage of votes being very valuable. Battleground states' votes are worth something like 1000x the other states' votes. Therefore, the unequal voting-power of the Electoral College is further magnified.
You run from the answer. Lol

All areas would have equally valuable votes. Rural areas would combine their votes just as they currently do with the unequal voting-power system.
And their combined votes wouldn't amount to a hill of beans next to the Dem-controlled big city votes.

Now is the time to eliminate the battleground states. Get rid of the electoral college. Your vote only counts in these states. The excessive money and attention is directed there. The potential bribes go there. A presidential campaign should be focused on all people. I think this would result in a message that would appeal to the middle. Is it really a democracy if millions are disenfranchised?

Let's face it, low population areas get wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more attention than do population centers in every way under our system.

You run from the answer. Lol
You have no solid argument. You have a hollow conclusion based on your opposition to equal voting-power, in the face of my solid arguments based on math and reasoning.

And their combined votes wouldn't amount to a hill of beans next to the Dem-controlled big city votes.

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The idea that you think it a good idea for some rube's vote to be more weighty than an educated elite is insane.

I've done the math. You are incorrect.

You have no solid argument. You have a hollow conclusion based on your opposition to equal voting-power, in the face of my solid arguments based on math and reasoning.
You still run from the answer. Lol

You still run from the answer. Lol
I will eventually post my analyses of the 2016 and 2020 presidential elections. You're likely to continue posting "nut uh."

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The idea that you think it a good idea for some rube's vote to be more weighty than an educated elite is insane.
There's a reason we are called The "United States" of America...and not just "America".

The Founding Fathers knew what they were doing.

I will eventually post my analyses of the 2016 and 2020 presidential elections. You're likely to continue posting "nut uh."
Still running from the answer

There's a reason we are called The "United States" of America...and not just "America".

It was a big **** up which should have long ago been corrected.
This 50 state instead of one country is what allows us to stay so divided.

Horrible idea.

Yes, the founding slave owners knew they would have more political power when owning slaves gave them more political power.

Additional subtle threats aren't a good way to excuse subtle threats of civil war.

"When I cannot argue in good faith for why less populous states should have voting-power worth up to four times the most populous states, I'll bring up false notions about the most populous states."

Directly quote and cite these propaganda papers to support your claim.
Your lack of familiarity with the content of the Federalist Papers isn't my problem.

Your lack of familiarity with the content of the Federalist Papers isn't my problem.
Can you narrow it down to a handful of propaganda papers that might have the evidence that you haven't provided to support your claim so I can search for that unspecified evidence?

Now is the time to eliminate the battleground states. Get rid of the electoral college. Your vote only counts in these states. The excessive money and attention is directed there. The potential bribes go there. A presidential campaign should be focused on all people. I think this would result in a message that would appeal to the middle. Is it really a democracy if millions are disenfranchised?
Amend the Reapportionment Act of 1929! Not perfect, but it wouldn't require a Constitutional Amendment.

Back
Top Bottom