• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Time to dump the presidential dilettante — he's a cruel and incompetent failure

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

10/27/20
In 2015, my friend Chez Pazienza accurately forecast that Trump, if elected, would spitefully withhold federal funding from regions that refused to support his cruel whimsy. Naturally, we've watched this play out with Puerto Rico, [California and most recently Pennsylvania, where Trump, this week, threatened to withhold funding for the commonwealth because of Gov. Tom Wolf's COVID plan. In Trump's view, responsible leadership is worthy of punishment because it makes him look bad by contrast, while incompetence, mainly his own, is routinely lionized. Trump's blinding dumbness in the areas of history, the Constitution, the presidency and democratic institutions has infected him with an ugly, bastardized view of his job description, inflamed by his own biases and whatever he's picked up from watching cable news. He's a presidential dilettante, even now, nearly four years into the gig. Trump has debased the presidency, replacing decency and humility with unearned self-praise and horrendous sadism. Our nation's most cherished values and institutions have been randomly crushed by this 90-foot kaiju monster for too long. His constant antagonism has turned father against son, mother against daughter, family against family. Over what? The damaging misadventures of a political fraud — a garish old brat who bankrupted his businesses, defrauded Americans with his sham foundation and university and is currently bankrupting the U.S. treasury while establishing himself as a Putin-style kleptocrat.

The 2020 election is about ending all that, while beginning the process of a second Reconstruction — rebuilding our government in a way that guarantees this will never happen again, while convening a Trump Crimes Commission to hold the perpetrators accountable. Part of that process is about remembering what happened here, in this era. There will be voices who insist we should move on and forget about all this ugliness. We would do well to ignore those voices. The minute we forget the damage he's inflicted upon us all, the next Trump will be waiting to strike. Indeed, the only way to move on is to punish the crimes and plug the holes. We have no choice but to use a Biden win as an opportunity to repair the gaping Trump-shaped craters in the system exposed and exploited by this unqualified, disgracefully unpresidential and obviously unglued president. If Joe Biden and Kamala Harris successfully oust Trump a week from today, the Trump crisis will be on its way to ending, while the hard work of cleaning up the mess will begin. In both the election and the aftermath, we cannot fail. Everything depends on what happens next.

If Biden/Harris are victorious on November 3rd, I demand that the new administration does not entertain any notion of pardoning Donald Trump.

His crimes against the US Constitution and the American people are just too consequential for us to be magnanimous. His adult children should also account for their misdeeds.

Salon.com has a "Hate Trump" op-ed? I'm shocked! Shocked i say! :rolleyes:

If Biden/Harris are victorious on November 3rd, I demand that the new administration does not entertain any notion of pardoning Donald Trump.

His crimes against the US Constitution and the American people are just too consequential for us to be magnanimous. His adult children should also account for their misdeeds.

There is no reason to worry the rattlesnake will be pardoned. Joe Biden is personally affected by the one that resulted in his opponent being impeached.

Salon.com has a "Hate Trump" op-ed? I'm shocked! Shocked i say! :rolleyes:

Supporting "Rule of Law" and "Equal Justice For All" is not a hate campaign against Donald Trump.

You plan on using the victim card forever?

Back
Top Bottom