• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time taken to grade exams

Superfly

Salty, defiant, and completely non-compliant.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
From Tucson to Tucumcari, Tehachapi to Tonopah
Political Leaning
Independent
Hey guys - how long before you normally get back your exam grade? I took a PolySci exam Friday the 8th and still haven't gotten my score back. Granted, it was 5 essay questions, but does it normally take a long time to grade a quiz? This is the longest ever for me. Even finals were back sooner.

I don't want to bug my Professor, because essay exams can sometimes be subjective. I just keep checking over and over, and have nothing yet.

Why do you think there's some kind of standard for this? I get it your desperate for an answer, but really its up to your professor. I don't think there's harm in asking when they will be done, unless you're professor is the kind of act who hates you for existing, which he probably isn't, then he understands that you want to know.

Yeah it can be pretty ridiculous, especially when there are drop/add deadlines. Had a midterm due the 4th and still not graded. On top of that, this grader has not updated the attendance online since like 2/6. Most of them will take about 10 days though, which isn't too bad.

10 - 14 days is normal. est ones are done way shorter in time. Once I had results back in 2 days.

Last edited:
OK so this is not too bad yet. I'm just not used to it taking this long, but then again, this is the first class I've had where all the questions are essay questions.

Thanks. :)

i think it depend on institute and area to area.. here it require 14 to 20 days.. i think in your case there is nothing wrong.. so dont worry

Back
Top Bottom