• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Time for women to sort out the UK?

It just occurred to me that within a matter of weeks it may be that 5 of the leaders of the 7 largest UK political parties will be led by women.

If Theresa May and Angela Eagle are elected to lead their parties, Conservative, Labour, SNP, DUP, and PC, accounting for 629/650 MPs will be women-led. Is that significant?

A lot of feminists often argue that politics would be less of a gentlemen's club and have a more consensus-based, common sense approach to problem solving if run by women. If women become to dominate the leadership of the nation, will things change for the better?

Having boobs didn't save a significant number of voters from voting for Brexit, so I'm not entirely clear on how boobs are going to lead the UK out of crisis.

Having boobs didn't save a significant number of voters from voting for Brexit, so I'm not entirely clear on how boobs are going to lead the UK out of crisis.

I see, so boobs are really the only defining feature of women are they? Noted.

I see, so boobs are really the only defining feature of women are they? Noted.

Why don't you tell us what the defining feature of women is that will sort out the UK?

Why don't you tell us what the defining feature of women is that will sort out the UK?

I don't think there is, but I'm fairly sure if there were such a quality, it's not mammaries.

A random Conservative member/voter just said Theresa May will be softer but firmer in talks with Europe... Here in democratic Britain, 0.003% of the electorate (Tory party members) will decide who leads their arty (and therefore the country) for the rest of the Cameron government's term (4 years.)

Okay, That was a bit too convoluted an inference for me to pick up on.

Fair enough. Anyhoo...

To answer the OP non-sarcastically: I think things would change if there were a gender balance, but only insofar that both genders' interests would be represented. In the US you can definitely see this imbalance demonstrated on issues surrounding women's reproductive health care, and our representative bodies are overwhelmingly...surprise surprise...men.

Fair enough. Anyhoo...

To answer the OP non-sarcastically: I think things would change if there were a gender balance, but only insofar that both genders' interests would be represented. In the US you can definitely see this imbalance demonstrated on issues surrounding women's reproductive health care, and our representative bodies are overwhelmingly...surprise surprise...men.

That gender imbalance comes from lower logic .. not an equal logic..and that lower logic cannot see harm as well

google professor LYNN the main IQ expert of all peoples.. the IQ's of mean and women has men ON AVERAGE 5 points higher but the big thing is the higher the IQ the more men.. and if there was a very high wisdom test for voters it would be all men.. our wise founders set up this type of successful system with having a property test for its wisdom test and would not allow others that they could see as less wise to vote

THIS reproductive issue is a logic issue... because of 70 million young aborted america as well as liberal nations has the death sentence of a monstrous imbalance of young to old and trying to run in the young of low IQ's and harmful religions will not help this issue .. in time there WILL be a high wisdom test for nations most will be white males the chinese have high iq's too but more with the memory and not logic which makes them copy well but not invent as well.. its the inventive minds that can bring the real progress and help

Back
Top Bottom